Cheaper rate thru orbitz but have double res now

Were you able to see the kids later the same day? I called Disney this morning, but the guy said I had to call Orbitz - wouldn't change a thing. I chatted with Orbitz online this afternoon and the guy called to add my kids, then said he also had to send over a fax. He said in our chat that the updated reservation could only be seen or viewed manually in the hotel's system upon check in. Thought that was odd. I'll wait until the morning and check MDE again. If it's not there, I may just call Disney to double check. I'm sure this will all work out, but I need reassurance!!

Thanks!

I logged out of MDE right after I got off the phone with WDW and logged right back in and it had updated to include the kids. Just call back until you get a nice cM who can verify your kids are on there. Don't mention it is an orbits ressie.

Like others, I was actually able to save close to 15% using Orbitz on top of Disney's "Spring Room Only Offer" discount. Since I'm staying in an All-Star Resort the savings aren't the hundreds of dollars others have mentioned, but it's still a enough to pay for a nice dinner on our vacation:cool1:

Although Orbitz asks the ages of all hotel guests when you initiate your search for hotel rooms, they seem to pass the count over to Disney as all "adults" - so if you have more than 2 people in your room, and some of them are children you need to work around this quirk.

In my case I chose to only list the actual count of adults on my reservation, and then CALL Orbitz customer service to learn my 12-digit Disney Reservation Number and add my children (with names & ages) to my reservation. It all worked and I can now see my children on the reservation when I linked it with Disney's "My Disney Experience" vacation planning site.

Orbitz DOES have to FAX the changes over to Disney, and Orbitz asks that you stay on the phone during the process - so pick a time when you have 20 - 30 minutes to make the call.:surfweb:

I just returned from my wonderful trip to POR booked through orbitz. I did not have one problem. Everything from ME to checkin to room assignment went perfectly. Loved saving money!!

I just returned from my wonderful trip to POR booked through orbitz. I did not have one problem. Everything from ME to checkin to room assignment went perfectly. Loved saving money!!

I had a split stay 4/3-5 and 4/5-8 and I too had no problems and loved saving money:goodvibes

Here right now and had no issues either. Yay for saving money. I would do it again if given the chance. Great experience. Great room too.

Did anyone try making changes thru orbitz? I am considering adding an extra night. Not sure if that's possible. Also, DD's school district just changed their schedule and now they get out 2 days earlier. That caused exams to be pushed up 2 days which is during our trip. I am considering changing the dates to leave the last day of school but I don't want to lose the discount.

I'm considering adding a friend to my room on the Orbitz reservation but won't know until the last minute. I could always add her at check-in but if she gets there before me it might not work for her.

Has anyone tried to call and make a room request? I just did and gave the CM the "confirmation number" that shows on my reservation on the Disney site. He wasn't able to find it with that and tried searching for my address and then asked if I booked through a travel agent. After I told him it was through Orbitz he said he was not able to edit reservations booked through agents/sites.

I wonder if I called back with the actual 12 digit reservation number they would be able to add my request? I completely forgot I had gotten it from Orbitz right after I booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter