Cheaper rate thru orbitz but have double res now

You can also log in to Orbitz and other travel booking sites through ebates and save a few more dollars that way.
will be nice bump in my 'big fat check':goodvibes

I could've saved approx $130 for a 6 night stay @ a value early June, but upgraded to moderate, i'm thrilled

that said, i haven't cancelled my room only @ the value, just want to make sure that AP rates (or even FDP haha doubtful) won't pop up within next month or so.

Saving money is worth an extra call or two. I vacation 7 or 8 times a year in Disney between my DVC membership and filling in with great "deal trips". Please do not give up. Every dollar you save...spend it on something you would love to do in WDW.
Call Orbitz...have them add any children....at first they told us to add them upon check-in but I needed my kids added for Magical Express. The girl literally took the info from me and faxed it over to Disney.
Disney already has my children in my account for my family with the Disney Experience so upon explaining all the hoop la that I was going through...the supervisor I spoke to took care of everything else and gave me my Disney Ressie #. Prior, I spoke to several people and had to end the calls because they did not know how to handle my requests. Half the challenge of getting a "great deal" is someone guiding you....that is what the Dis Boards are for....I read everyday and although I don't post often...this was something since I was learning as I went...I wanted to share.
Never stop should you get a cast member who is "mistaken" and says...I can't do that....ask to speak with a supervisor if available. If someone else has told you it can be done....it is probably true.
Never stress. Disney wants your money and to make it a great experience for you. I feel guilty about booking outside of Disney but I save a boat load of money. We are going to spend it while we are there making it extra memorable.

Good Luck!

Adding them to the ressie with 2 adults are they going to change for the kids?

So just to clarify... I can keep my ressie for two adults as is and then call back Orbitz (ask for a supervisor) and they will add my children onto the ressie free of charge? I just ask for a supervisor and explain that Disney doesn't charge for children and they told me to have them modify that since they do not own the reservation? I also need them to get me the 12 digit Disney conformation number?

I sat on the phone for over 45 minutes this time to ask them to do this for me and after 45m was told the dpt. that handles this type of stuff is closed until Monday. Talk about annoying. However, if this does pan out as indicated above I will have saved over 180.00

Please advise.... Thank you!!

I just need the correct wording for when I call them on Monday.

Anyone know when the SPRING20 code expires? I saw somewhere that is expired 3/5, but when I was in pricing things tonight, it was still active. Need to crunch some numbers before I decide on resort, but I don't want to miss out!

Thanks!

Did some more digging on the Orbitz site and the code is good until 3/31. With the code, some of the rates are better than the typical AP rates! :cool1:

With the code, some of the rates are better than the typical AP rates! :cool1:

:thumbsup2I was shocked to find the Orbitz rate was $100.00 cheaper than my Passholder rate-the Disney CM was also surprised when I cancelled my Disney reservation.

Something about a third-party vendor having a better rate than a Passholder can obtain just doesn't seem "right" to me.

In case this helps anyone...

I also just emailed Orbitz for the 12 digit Disney confirmation number. It took a few hours, but they emailed back with it no problem. :thumbsup2

However, when I entered it on My Disney Experience, it is showing 2 adults. I booked 1 adult and 1 child, and it says this on my confirmation email from Orbitz. Not sure why when it goes to Disney it says 2 adults. :confused3 Anyway, I emailed Orbitz again, and got a reply soon after that says they have sent my correct information (1A and 1C) to the hotel.

I did not give my child's name, but I don't suspect there will be a problem at check-in. I tried to see if it was changed on the Disney site, and it was not. For now, our reservation only has my name.

Next step for me is to call Magical Express. :flower3:

I also switched to the Orbitz rate from the passholder rate. It was significantly cheaper.

Here is my update. 2 days later we got it fixed! I got someone today that understood what I wanted to do...canceled the ressie with 4 adults through Orbitz. They were charging my children as adults. Made a new ressie with 2 adults and then called them and added my kids on for free. The lady called the hotel and faxed over the info with the ressie for two adults and put my two kids on that as well. Got a new conformation code and plugged it into the Disney site. It is only showing the ressie with 2 adults on it. I am hoping it will show 4 soon. I am just so scared the magical express will think they are picking up two but she assured me they know now there are 4 of us.

Two days later and many hours on the phone I saved 216.00 :thumbsup2 Yeah it was worth it.

Those making ressies that have kids. Make them for adults only and then call and add the kids on. They will fax the resort for you with that info :) YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Here is my update. 2 days later we got it fixed! I got someone today that understood what I wanted to do...canceled the ressie with 4 adults through Orbitz. They were charging my children as adults. Made a new ressie with 2 adults and then called them and added my kids on for free. The lady called the hotel and faxed over the info with the ressie for two adults and put my two kids on that as well. Got a new conformation code and plugged it into the Disney site. It is only showing the ressie with 2 adults on it. I am hoping it will show 4 soon. I am just so scared the magical express will think they are picking up two but she assured me they know now there are 4 of us.

Two days later and many hours on the phone I saved 216.00 :thumbsup2 Yeah it was worth it.

Those making ressies that have kids. Make them for adults only and then call and add the kids on. They will fax the resort for you with that info :) YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
:cool1:glad it worked out.

Thanks to all my fellow Disboard friends. You have all been so helpful and saved me a ton of money. I am so grateful! pixiedust:

:thumbsup2I was shocked to find the Orbitz rate was $100.00 cheaper than my Passholder rate-the Disney CM was also surprised when I cancelled my Disney reservation.

Something about a third-party vendor having a better rate than a Passholder can obtain just doesn't seem "right" to me.

I'll be activating my PAP this summer. AP rates not out for my dates but i'm doubting they'll beat the orbitz rate I have.

However, it's standard for large travel agencies to buy blocks of rooms at discount and sale them...obviously, orbitz is still making a profit.

By using this obitz deal, I can change to the resort I really want (which was too expensive), with a a courtyard view, and still save $54! :cheer2::cool1:

Is anyone buying park tickets on Orbitz too?

The buy 3 get 2 free deal is tempting me but I'm trying to figure out if there is some kind of hoop I have to jump through for it. It mentions something about showing a voucher to gain admission... anyone know what that's all about??

Is anyone buying park tickets on Orbitz too?

The buy 3 get 2 free deal is tempting me but I'm trying to figure out if there is some kind of hoop I have to jump through for it. It mentions something about showing a voucher to gain admission... anyone know what that's all about??

I did the math and for us it was the same to buy tickets with the special discount from Undercover Tourist. With Orbitz you'll get a voucher that you will have to redeem at the gates. Undercover Tourist will mail you the actual tickets to your home so you dont have to worry about it when you get to the park.

I just cancelled my reservations through Disney and booked Boardwalk Inn through Orbitz... saving me $232.82 with the SPRING20 promo code! :banana:

I'm considering buying my park tickets through Orbitz too. We were going to do a 4 day ticket, but this buy 3 get 2 free sounds like a pretty good deal... even if you have to present a voucher at the ticket office.

Thanks for the help with the kids Being charged issue...will cancel the res and book with two adults and then call to add the child. Annoying, but worth it!

We're travelling in July. Does anyone know if this 20% discount is common for Orbitz? My dates are outside the spring20 promotion. Hoping to get a summer deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter