Chat rooms

Now, see, this is where I would have to disagree, don't get me wrong, I love me some good coffee, NOT the flavored stuff though...blech...but with doughnuts, cake and pie, I need an ice cold glass of milk. I do enjoy a good cookie with my coffee though. Preferably oatmeal chocolate chip. ;)

I second the milk motion!

I'm sorry but I just do not like millk. It's my kryptonite. Coffee on thee hand, that's just awwesome!

But I respect milks right to derail threads. :)

I feel coffee is lacking representation. You can't have Pie,cake or donuts without it but coffee can be had by itself!
I'll have some coffee with you lorax...so long as it can have some vanilla flavored creamer and be high-test (none of that decaf stuff for me). It really doesn't fall into the cake or pie category but it is my favorite - can we have this with our coffee?

Hot Chocolate Souffle

Roy's, Sand Lake Road, Orlando, Florida

Roy'sSouffle.jpg
[SIZE=-1]Yield: Ingredients:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]4 (3-inch) cakes.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]6 tablespoons unsalted butter[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]3⁄4 cup sugar[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1 3⁄4 tablespoons cornstarch[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]2 whole eggs[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]2 egg yolks[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=-1]Instructions:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1. In pan on low heat, melt butter and chocolate. In mixing bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. In separate bowl, whisk eggs and yolks. Add melted-chocolate mixture to sugar mixture and combine thoroughly with whisk. Stir in eggs and whisk just until smooth. Remove and place in clean container. Cover with plastic wrap and press down to prevent skin from forming. Refrigerate 3-4 hours or overnight (must be well-chilled).[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=-1]2. Heat oven to 400 F. Line 4 metal rings (about 2 3⁄4 inches across and 2 inches high) with greased parchment paper. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set molds on sheet. Scoop mixture into molds so they are two-thirds full, and make sure molds are not leaking.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=-1]3. Bake on top oven rack 20 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven, and, while holding each mold with tongs, slide metal spatula underneath, carefully lift, and transfer to serving plate. Gently lift off mold and remove parchment paper. Serve immediately. Recipe notes: Refrigerating dough overnight firms it so it doesn't leak out of molds. Serve with berry sauce or dust with powdered sugar.[/SIZE]​

Wow... This recipe is the cherry on top of the Hijack Sundae (Or Souffle)

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :worship:

thank you Disneybride! I appreciate the company & I feeL coffee is good in any flavor.
if you bring that recipe to the table, i'm sure a lot more peeps will want to join the coffee club! :)

I like coffee but I will take milk with my Pie and best of all if the milk is done Cheese style cheddar like in chezits:cool1:

Jeff

I'm sorry but pecan pie has been sorely niglected. Has anyoue tried the tripple chocolate fudge cake at the Jewel (albertsons)? heaven with milk.

I like coffee but I will take milk with my Pie and best of all if the milk is done Cheese style cheddar like in chezits:cool1: Jeff

How do you do milk "cheese style?"

Anyone ever put cheese on their pie? I remember my grandpa used to order his apple pie with cheese on it...it was orange cheese, but I can't remember if it was American or Cheddar.

Wow... This recipe is the cherry on top of the Hijack Sundae (Or Souffle)

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :worship:

to borrow one from the best,
spit03.gif
(my hat is off to you Jason, for the great smileys!)

Is that souffle as good as the stuff on the Disney Cruise at Palos?
Hmmm...I've made them both a few times and they are both really good in their own right. The Palo recipe is a pain in the butt - it requires so many pots and pans that in the end I wonder if it is really worth it. The Palo souffle is cooked through and the best part is the sauces. This recipe is SUPER easy and practically full-proof. It has ingredients most people have on hand or aren't very expensive if you do have to buy them and the only pain is that you do have to prepare the batter in advance to assure it is cold before you bake it. The best part of this recipe is the center is molten -- ooey gooey and oh, so good. As a matter of fact, I made it for dessert last night when my mom invited my family for dinner. Now where is that souffle smiley?

this thread has been hi-jacked for nearly 5 pages and in less than 24 hours. That's impressive!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm pi 3.something something something something something something something something something something something something something something something....... pi :laughing:

All this pie talk... how about brownies?

And it definately has to be coffee.... no can do on the milk here.

I love the Unplugged Boards!!

Ummm, it's cheeseCAKE! Now there is a cheesePIE, of which I make a slammin' one. Think cool whip and cream cheese with a graham cracker crust and a cherry pie filling on top.

Kind of sounds like DH's cheesecake with the graham cracker crust. But, he bakes his. His is like a New York cheesecake, very creamy and just yummy. Sometimes, he puts blueberry topping on it and has even baked it with chocolate chips for an extra rich dessert. I love the smell of the house when he's baking the crust. I know what we're having for dessert that night. ;)

mmmmmm Gouda

;) "Gouda is gooda" I use to live in Europe (Belgium) and they always put Gouda in the sandwiches. It makes a great grilled cheese or just a simple ham and cheese sandwich.

How do you do milk "cheese style?"
Cheese is Milk Cheese style

Well, there is always "Soy Milk" and "Soy Cheese". I tried the Silk vanilla soy milk once. It was "different". I don't think I could have swallowed it, if it wasn't for the vanilla flavoring. However, that was just me. I have friends who use it all the time. More power to them. :rolleyes:

- Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!