Characterpalooza

OhioStateBuckeye

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to report back that I attended characterpalooza and it is alive and well.

There were 2 showings of Fantasmic last night, at 8 and 930. So the characters came out on the Streets of America (as Kenny's website said they would) at 5 (well, it was kinda more like 508, but close enough).

The characters were: Jessie, Pocahontas with Meeko, Mulan, a couple Green Army Men, Bolt, Smee, Captain Hook, Stitch, Pinocchio, Chip, Dale, and Minnie (I may be forgetting one or two).

I would definitely recommend seeing favorites first, we were able to get about 5 pictures with no wait then hordes of people showed up. We were still able to get all that we needed, but the last few were a bit more difficult as there were no real lines or characters handlers.

Just wanted to report back that I attended characterpalooza and it is alive and well.

There were 2 showings of Fantasmic last night, at 8 and 930. So the characters came out on the Streets of America (as Kenny's website said they would) at 5 (well, it was kinda more like 508, but close enough).

The characters were: Jessie, Pocahontas with Meeko, Mulan, a couple Green Army Men, Bolt, Smee, Captain Hook, Stitch, Pinocchio, Chip, Dale, and Minnie (I may be forgetting one or two).

I would definitely recommend seeing favorites first, we were able to get about 5 pictures with no wait then hordes of people showed up. We were still able to get all that we needed, but the last few were a bit more difficult as there were no real lines or characters handlers.

They usually give them a few minutes to wait on LMA to unload. I've recently changed the app and website times to reflect a 5:10 start when there's a 9:30 Fantasmic! Glad you had a great time, but we want pics :)

They usually give them a few minutes to wait on LMA to unload. I've recently changed the app and website times to reflect a 5:10 start when there's a 9:30 Fantasmic! Glad you had a great time, but we want pics :)

Just got back today so will see if any good pictures turned out. I am notorious for blinking or making awful faces in pictures. I might do a trip report and the ending chapters will be the bloopers chapter, where I will post all my most awful face making pictures, and there will be a lot.

So, according to Kenny's website and I believe I saw it on easyWDW as well, with a 7:00 pm Fantasmic! there will be no Characterpalooza?

The Kenny website posted above says:

"Character Palooza will not be presented from November 3, 2013 to March 8, 2014."

Why is this?

The Kenny website posted above says:

"Character Palooza will not be presented from November 3, 2013 to March 8, 2014."

Why is this?

This has been the pattern for the last year or two at least. It has something to do with daylight savings time (those dates are the giveaway), though I can't recall the direct correlation.

This has been the pattern for the last year or two at least. It has something to do with daylight savings time (those dates are the giveaway), though I can't recall the direct correlation.

Ah right, thanks

So, according to Kenny's website and I believe I saw it on easyWDW as well, with a 7:00 pm Fantasmic! there will be no Characterpalooza?

The info from Easy's site was taken directly from my blog, but isn't updated regularly as my site is. Halloween schedules were also taken from my site, but not updated after the first party.

We were at DHS on Sep 15 and saw this on the streets of America. We had no idea about this, we just lucked into it trying to get to Lights, Camera, Action! We saw Tweedledee and Tweedledum, chip and Dale, Jasmine, Minnie, Pocahontas, Mary Poppins, and maybe a few more. It was so fun to just find them randomly!

When it gets dark earlier, the first Fantasmic show is too early for the characters to be out on the other side of the park. In the winter the first Fantasmic is typically at 6:30.

I think it was due to the timing: the amount of time between CtF and a 6:30 Fantasmic didn't allow for Palooza to occur. Now that there is no longer a parade to schedule around, it's interesting that there won't be Palooza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter