Character Meals and Lots of Pirates: Finished except for Photos

I also second a sweater or light jacket. California reminds are known for cooling off. I tend to get chilled easily at night so this is a must for me! The lockers are great for storing things you don't want to carry around. Extra shoes, jacket, meds, water.

Unless you want to buy another DL sweater (hi pink pirate sweater here, remember me from your first trip to DL?) you should probably pack one, that trip was the end of May and we almost froze a couple of evenings.

Unless you want to buy another DL sweater (hi pink pirate sweater here, remember me from your first trip to DL?) you should probably pack one, that trip was the end of May and we almost froze a couple of evenings.

Okay okay I'll bring a sweater. Ironically I think it will be that very pirate sweater because it's light enough it may fit in my park bag without too much trouble. (Although it was unseasonably cold that week)

Well this week sucks so far! I got home from work Sunday morning and felt fine but when I woke up my throat was so sore it hurt to breath let alone swallow. I already had a doctor's appointment Monday to get a weird skin issue I've been having on my left leg looked at so I had her look at my throat too.

I found out I have a throat infection and am on a ten-day course of penicillin for it and she looked at my leg and gave me some good news - the red/brown lacey looking pattern isn't a fungal infection as I'd feared... But it is the iron in my blood breaking down and sticking to my veins causing the veins to show through my skin - oh and some 'great' news (sense the sarcasm yet?) the pattern could be very hard to impossible to get rid of without laser treatment and if I go out in the sun the colour could darken all the way to black and become permanent!

If you see me in the parks I will be the girl with long blonde hair wearing a birthday button and re-applying the SPF 70 sunscreen on my legs every five minutes!

Aww! Sorry you aren't feeling well! I went to work last night feeling stuffed up. My throat felt funky through half my shift and then thankfully cleared up. I so do not want to get sick right now!

I hope your throat issues clear up before you leave!

Aww! Sorry you aren't feeling well! I went to work last night feeling stuffed up. My throat felt funky through half my shift and then thankfully cleared up. I so do not want to get sick right now!

I hope your throat issues clear up before you leave!

I'm feeling pretty tired and feverish right now but I'm sure I'll be better before I leave. I'm really glad my parents will be in town for the evening Saturday and then Wednesday night to Saturday morning for my sister's grad... It's funny how a hug from mom can make you feel so much better!

I'm feeling pretty tired and feverish right now but I'm sure I'll be better before I leave. I'm really glad my patents will be in town for the evening Saturday and then Wednesday night to Saturday morning for my sister's grad... It's funny how a hug from mom can make you feel so much better!

It certainly can! I need one of my own this week :hug:

I'm feeling pretty tired and feverish right now but I'm sure I'll be better before I leave. I'm really glad my patents will be in town for the evening Saturday and then Wednesday night to Saturday morning for my sister's grad... It's funny how a hug from mom can make you feel so much better!

I Love Mommy hugs.... I live 2800 miles away from most of my family though so I don't see them very often.

I Love Mommy hugs.... I live 2800 miles away from most of my family though so I don't see them very often.

My sister and I both live here in Calgary but our parents live in Ottawa a little over 2000 miles away so we don't see them all that often either.

Mommy hugs can cure just about everything! :hug:

My sister and I both live here in Calgary but our parents live in Ottawa a little over 2000 miles away so we don't see them all that often either.

Mommy hugs can cure just about everything! :hug:

How did you both end up so far from your parents?

How did you both end up so far from your parents?

When we were in college we both knew we wanted to move out here... TinkLoverSam wanted to convert her college degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management into a business degree from UofC in Hotel and Resort Management. I was looking into policing opportunities but there really weren't very many close to home - and the application process in Ontario is very strange and complicated - Calgary on the other hand was in the middle of a huge boom and had lots of opportunities. Having visited once when we were 3 for Stampede (sum total of my memories from that trip during Stampede: riding a 'carousel' with real horses) and having returned for two and a half days when we were 13 we really fell in love with the energy of the city - it's very 'small town' especially for a city of well over a million people and from research I'd done in college they were very into 'community policing' (having police be out and in each community and participating in many events so that they are more approachable to people and not just 'the man' if you know what I mean) I also really wanted to move out here. So my parents helped me buy an apartment and TinkLoverSam and her DH (DBF at the time) moved into my apartment two days after classes finished (May 1st) My mom and I had come out a couple days earlier to get the place set up for them (my second visit to my apartment) and we saw that an apartment was for sale on the 1st floor (I'm on the 3rd) So after a brief discussion with Sam and her DH we put in an offer. We came out again in June for our birthday and to help Sam and DH move into their apartment downstairs (their possession date was the day before our birthday!) Then I finally moved out here just after August long weekend

...that was probably way more info than you wanted but there you go.

How did you end up so far from your family?

...that was probably way more info than you wanted but there you go.

How did you end up so far from your family?

Interesting story... How do your parents feel about you both being so far away? My mom hates it!

I ended up in California because of my now husband. We met online and I visited him here and then it just snowballed. WE met for the first time in person end of August 2002 and I left Wisconsin January 1, 2003. We had talked in person for at least 5 years before we ever met in person.

I'm starting to get really excited!!! Only 11 DAYS to Disneyland!!! Then I can't breath so I get less excited but this cold is slowly getting better so I'm hoping I'll be ready to go full steam ahead when I get there!

I'm starting to get really excited!!! Only 11 DAYS to Disneyland!!! Then I can't breath so I get less excited but this cold is slowly getting better so I'm hoping I'll be ready to go full steam ahead when I get there!

So exciting! I leave in 3.5 days!!!

I hope your cold is all gone by the time you fly! You might want to take some vitamins, EmergenC, or Airborne before you fly if your immune system is down. I almost always get sick when I fly so I am hoping and praying that some multi Vitamins will help prevent that!

I just stopped by to say...
9 Days to Disneyland!!!
and start the single digit dance :banana::banana::banana::dancer::dancer::dancer: :banana::banana: :banana:

You may now go about your day.

I made this super detailed packing list while I was at work the other night at work and totally forgot to email it myself at home. As tomorrow (later today to everyone who actually works days) is basically my only day off before I leave I plan to pack then but now I don't have my list. Oh well I will do my best and confirm that I have everything from my list on Sunday after I remember to send myself that list...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter