Character Meal Recommendation

mjatgoofy

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving at Pop Century late afternoon on Feb 21st! I know it's a ways out but planning our Disney trip is all part of the fun for us. We want to begin to enjoying Disney right away without using one of our park passes. Tought maybe a character meal would ba a good way to kick off our trip. My question is what character meals would you suggest that's not in a park and what would be the best way to get there from Pop using Disney transportation. It would be myself, DH, and DS (3 & 5yrs.). Thanks for any feedback!

Gotta go with Chef Mickey's. Although, even though there are no characters, going to Ohana is always so much fun!! :) Have a super time!

And forgot to add...either one of those, you could just take a MK bus and hop on the monorail:)

We like Chef Mickey's as well...it's just great to start the trip seeing the main characters (Mickey, Goofy, Donald and crew)...if you have girls and might like princesses then try 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian. Have fun!
Tara

Gulliver's Grille at the Swan has a character dinner meal. Take the bus to EPCOT and the boat over to the Swan Dinner starts at 5:30.

Im gonna stray a little and say donalds breakfastsaurus....we really had a blast at that

I would also say Chef Mickey's. The food was no where as good as some of the other places we went but it was ok and the Character interaction was good.
We enjoyed Crystal Palace a lot more ( and i'm not a big Pooh fan, I'm much more of a Mickey and Minnie fan)but that is in a park so that would not work for you on your first day.

Chef Mickey's WILL get you off to a fun start and in a Disney mood!!!:)

We really enjoyed 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella. In fact we are doing it again this next trip. We are also trying Chef Mickey's dinner for the first time - so I can't comment on it yet.

Chef Mickey's is the place to go with little ones. Main characters and plenty to eat. Food is decent. Place is noisy with happy kids. Great start to Land of Magic without going into a park. Very casual, moreso than Park Faire.

Have a great trip!

Originally posted by ILUVDXL
Gulliver's Grille at the Swan has a character dinner meal. Take the bus to EPCOT and the boat over to the Swan Dinner starts at 5:30.

but you have to go "thru" epcot to get the boat and the op has no park ticket for that evening...

to get to the swan another way would be take bus to any theme park except epcot and then switch to swan bus... coming home, depending on park hours, do the same thing using dtd as your "hub"

We just returned from a 10 day trip to Disney. We did quite a few character meals. Chef Mickey's dinner was my kid's favorite CM but the food was not that good. While I highly recommend Chef Mickey's, next time we'll try the breakfast instead.

Thank you for all your feedback. We have not decided which character dinning to do yet but you have all given us valuable information. Will need to make PS's soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter