Character Heights/CP Auditions

Berlioz70

DIS Veteran
I know that a lot of this information is spread throughout other threads - but I thought it might be nice to keep it all in one area with auditions coming up.

I have a couple questions about face characters - it sounds like everyone is just placed as princesses - what about villains or other characters? Are they just the same people?

I'm interested in Kim Possible (but I'm too tall), the step sisters Drizella and Anastasia - I think I could easily have the huge animated face they always have - as well as Cruella de Vil. Anyone know how they select these characters?

For those that may be new - keep in mind that heights are considered a Disney secret - so alumni are limited in what they can say, but many are super nice and will PM you information!

hey villians are still in the face character selection process.

I'm SUPER interested in being Jasmin but we'll see what happens.

I know that a lot of this information is spread throughout other threads - but I thought it might be nice to keep it all in one area with auditions coming up.

I have a couple questions about face characters - it sounds like everyone is just placed as princesses - what about villains or other characters? Are they just the same people?

I'm interested in Kim Possible (but I'm too tall), the step sisters Drizella and Anastasia - I think I could easily have the huge animated face they always have - as well as Cruella de Vil. Anyone know how they select these characters?

For those that may be new - keep in mind that heights are considered a Disney secret - so alumni are limited in what they can say, but many are super nice and will PM you information!

Villians are chosen the same way as princesses, ect. It's the same process.:)

Villians are chosen the same way as princesses, ect. It's the same process.:)

Do you know if they cast people specifically for Drizella or Anastasia - or are they the same people who play the princesses?

I'm only curious because I don't think I look like a princess, but I could be a REALLY stellar Anastasia!!!

Do you know if they cast people specifically for Drizella or Anastasia - or are they the same people who play the princesses?

I'm only curious because I don't think I look like a princess, but I could be a REALLY stellar Anastasia!!!

I imagine it could be both. But probably more to the 2nd one. It all depends on what entertainment thinks.

A bit off topic, but I was wondering if I could add your livejournal to my friend's list Berlioz? I'd love to get more information regarding the program for when I decide to apply; especially because you are looking into a character role. Best of luck!

A bit off topic, but I was wondering if I could add your livejournal to my friend's list Berlioz? I'd love to get more information regarding the program for when I decide to apply; especially because you are looking into a character role. Best of luck!

Not a problem at all!

You guys have probably seen this stuff already, but I thought I'd share some height info I found about the characters. I can't verify any of it, just thought I'd give other clueless people (like me!) some kind of idea of the different heights they want. :) Hope it's helpful!

"I don't know about Disneyland.. but at World the ranges are sorta as follows:
less 5' Duck height
5'-5'2 Mouse Height
5'2-5'4 Chipmunk height
5'6-5'8 (or so) Pluto height
5'4-5'7 Princess Height
5'9 - 6'0 (or so) Goofy Height"

" 4'6" - 4'7": Daisy, Donald
4'8" - 4'9": Daisy, Donald, Dopey, Jiminy, Mickey, Minnie
4'9" - 4'10": Daisy, Donald, Dopey, Jiminy, Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio
4'10" - 5'0": Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio, Brer Rabbit, Meeko, Piglet
5'0" - 5'2": Max, White Rabbit, Pooh, Robin Hood, Timon, Bashful, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Scrooge McDuck, Terk
5'1" - 5'2": All of the characters listed above in the 5'0" to 5'2" range, plus Chip, Dale, Suzy, Perla.
5'2" - 5'4": Doc, Gideon, Happy, King Louie, Suzy, Perla, Chip, Dale, Jessie, Bullseye, Penguin
5'5": Mr. Smee, Lagoona Gator, Ice Gator (not much for this height!!)
5'6" - 5'7": Friar Tuck, Mr. Smee, Pluto, Rafiki, Wendell, Buzz Lightyear, Flik, Lagoona Gator, Ice Gator
5'7" - 5'8": Rafiki, Eeyore, Pluto, Prince John, Wendell, Friar Tuck, Buzz Lightyear, Flik
5'8" - 5'9": Prince John, Brer Fox, Eeyore, Shaker, Tweedles, Liverlips, Dumbo
5'9" - 5'10": Liverlips, Tweedles, Shaker, Brer Fox, Geppetto, Dumbo
5'10" - 5'11": Geppetto, Sherriff of Nottingham, Foulfellow, King Lion, Tigger
5'11" - 6'0": Foulfellow, King Lion, Sheriff of Nottingham, Tigger
6'0" - 6'2": Baloo, Big Bad Wolf, Brer Bear, Captain Hook, Genie, Goofy, Launchpad
6'2" - 6'3": Baloo, Beast, Brer Bear, Goofy, Woody, Jafar, Launchpad
6'3" - 6'4": Beast, Jafar, Launchpad"

Thanks Berlioz, added!

I had not seen the listing of height ranges before, very interesting. Seems to be a bit out of date though, where are Lilo and Stitch? :confused3 Thank you for posting.

You guys have probably seen this stuff already, but I thought I'd share some height info I found about the characters. I can't verify any of it, just thought I'd give other clueless people (like me!) some kind of idea of the different heights they want. :) Hope it's helpful!

"I don't know about Disneyland.. but at World the ranges are sorta as follows:
less 5' Duck height
5'-5'2 Mouse Height
5'2-5'4 Chipmunk height
5'6-5'8 (or so) Pluto height
5'4-5'7 Princess Height
5'9 - 6'0 (or so) Goofy Height"

" 4'6" - 4'7": Daisy, Donald
4'8" - 4'9": Daisy, Donald, Dopey, Jiminy, Mickey, Minnie
4'9" - 4'10": Daisy, Donald, Dopey, Jiminy, Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio
4'10" - 5'0": Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio, Brer Rabbit, Meeko, Piglet
5'0" - 5'2": Max, White Rabbit, Pooh, Robin Hood, Timon, Bashful, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Scrooge McDuck, Terk
5'1" - 5'2": All of the characters listed above in the 5'0" to 5'2" range, plus Chip, Dale, Suzy, Perla.
5'2" - 5'4": Doc, Gideon, Happy, King Louie, Suzy, Perla, Chip, Dale, Jessie, Bullseye, Penguin
5'5": Mr. Smee, Lagoona Gator, Ice Gator (not much for this height!!)
5'6" - 5'7": Friar Tuck, Mr. Smee, Pluto, Rafiki, Wendell, Buzz Lightyear, Flik, Lagoona Gator, Ice Gator
5'7" - 5'8": Rafiki, Eeyore, Pluto, Prince John, Wendell, Friar Tuck, Buzz Lightyear, Flik
5'8" - 5'9": Prince John, Brer Fox, Eeyore, Shaker, Tweedles, Liverlips, Dumbo
5'9" - 5'10": Liverlips, Tweedles, Shaker, Brer Fox, Geppetto, Dumbo
5'10" - 5'11": Geppetto, Sherriff of Nottingham, Foulfellow, King Lion, Tigger
5'11" - 6'0": Foulfellow, King Lion, Sheriff of Nottingham, Tigger
6'0" - 6'2": Baloo, Big Bad Wolf, Brer Bear, Captain Hook, Genie, Goofy, Launchpad
6'2" - 6'3": Baloo, Beast, Brer Bear, Goofy, Woody, Jafar, Launchpad
6'3" - 6'4": Beast, Jafar, Launchpad"

Just want to let you know that the mice end at 5'0. And Goofy is taller then 6'0.

Thanks Berlioz, added!

I had not seen the listing of height ranges before, very interesting. Seems to be a bit out of date though, where are Lilo and Stitch? :confused3 Thank you for posting.

Lilo and Stitch are "friends" with Mickey.

I'm new to these boards, but I have always wanted to try out to be a Disney character, but being a female and almost 6'1, do I stand a chance?

I'm new to these boards, but I have always wanted to try out to be a Disney character, but being a female and almost 6'1, do I stand a chance?

:welcome: to the DISboards!!

Yes! Disney needs people in your height range. According to the CP website, special consideration is given to individuals from 4'8" to 5 feet and from 6 feet to 6'3".

They sure do! Disney looks for tall people, especially at 6'0-6'3 (like Iris said).

I thought this might be of interest:

Here are the audition dates for FALL 2007!!!! I have no idea what they are for FALL 2008, this is just meant to give you an idea of when they MIGHT be:

Atlanta, GA - March 23, 2007 (Friday)
Boston, MA - March 23, 2007 (Friday)
Raleigh, NC - March 25, 2007 (Sunday)
Pittsburgh, PA - March 25, 2007 (Sunday)
Orlando, FL - March 28, 2007 (Wednesday)
Lansing, MI - March 30, 2007 (Friday)
Madison, WI - April 1, 2007 (Sunday)
Rochester, NY - April 13, 2007 (Friday)
Salt Lake City, UT - April 13, 2007 (Friday)
Chicago, IL - April 15, 2007 (Sunday)

These dates were sent to me on Monday, March 5, 2007!

Here were the dates for SPRING 2008 auditions (they were sent to me on Friday, Sept. 28th)

Atlanta, GA
Friday, October 26th 3:00pm

Austin, TX
Sunday, November 18th 9:00am

Chicago, IL
Sunday, November 4th 9:00am

Lansing, MI
Friday, November 2nd 12:00pm

Madison, WI
Sunday, November 4th 8:30am

Oklahoma City, OK
Sunday, November 11th 9:00am

Omaha, NE
Sunday, October 7th 9:00am

Orlando, FL
Thursday, November 15th 9:00am

Pittsburgh, PA
Sunday, November 11th 10:00am

Raleigh, NC
Sunday, October 28th 9:00am

Rochester, NY
Friday, November 2nd 9:00am

Salt Lake City, UT
Friday, November 9th 3:00pm

Seattle, WA
Friday, October 5th 3:00pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter