Character Heights/CP Auditions

Newell, you'll be fine! Like the previous person said, they really ARE looking for people with extremes in heights...for once it's great to be really short or really tall! Best of luck :)

this is for anyone who has already applied and interviewed with charcter performer as their first pick.

I know the wait is long and we all thought we wouldnt hear anything until AFTER the audition. Not true! (YAY!)

Anyway.. we will get an email with audtion information. We will also will get a letter inviting us to audition. So yes we DO get to hear back in 2 to 3 weeks.

I think this will be a relief to some of us out there.

this is for anyone who has already applied and interviewed with charcter performer as their first pick.

I know the wait is long and we all thought we wouldnt hear anything until AFTER the audition. Not true! (YAY!)

Anyway.. we will get an email with audtion information. We will also will get a letter inviting us to audition. So yes we DO get to hear back in 2 to 3 weeks.

I think this will be a relief to some of us out there.

Well yeah, you get that. I received that too. But you don't get a definite yes/no until after the audition. That's the part that stinks.

What are the auditions like? What do they have you do?

It is in 2 parts. The first part is animation. You have to act something out (for example- making a sandwich). The second part is dance. They teach you a routine. That's pretty much it.

Some people may also be invited for a puppet audition, and I heard there may also be a more difficult dance routine for some people.

Elastigirl/Mrs. Incredible is in the 5'7 range!

I'll add it :)

Just want to let you know that the mice end at 5'0. And Goofy is taller then 6'0.

Lilo and Stitch are "friends" with Mickey.

Hehe, thanks! I'll add that too!

Mice end at 5'
less 5' Duck height
5'-5'2 Mouse Height
5'2-5'4 Chipmunk height
5'6-5'8 (or so) Pluto height
5'4-5'7 Princess Height
6'0 (or so) Goofy Height"

" 4'6" - 4'7": Daisy, Donald
4'8" - 4'9": Daisy, Donald, Dopey, Jiminy, Mickey, Minnie
4'9" - 4'10": Daisy, Donald, Dopey, Jiminy, Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio
4'10" - 5'0": Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio, Brer Rabbit, Meeko, Piglet
5'0" - 5'2": Max, White Rabbit, Pooh, Robin Hood, Timon, Bashful, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Scrooge McDuck, Terk
5'1" - 5'2": All of the characters listed above in the 5'0" to 5'2" range, plus Chip, Dale, Suzy, Perla.
5'2" - 5'4": Doc, Gideon, Happy, King Louie, Suzy, Perla, Chip, Dale, Jessie, Bullseye, Penguin
5'5": Mr. Smee, Lagoona Gator, Ice Gator (not much for this height!!)
5'6" - 5'7": Friar Tuck, Mr. Smee, Pluto, Rafiki, Wendell, Buzz Lightyear, Flik, Lagoona Gator, Ice Gator, Elasta Girl, Mrs. Incredible
5'7" - 5'8": Rafiki, Eeyore, Pluto, Prince John, Wendell, Friar Tuck, Buzz Lightyear, Flik
5'8" - 5'9": Prince John, Brer Fox, Eeyore, Shaker, Tweedles, Liverlips, Dumbo
5'9" - 5'10": Liverlips, Tweedles, Shaker, Brer Fox, Geppetto, Dumbo
5'10" - 5'11": Geppetto, Sherriff of Nottingham, Foulfellow, King Lion, Tigger
5'11" - 6'0": Foulfellow, King Lion, Sheriff of Nottingham, Tigger
6'0" - 6'2": Baloo, Big Bad Wolf, Brer Bear, Captain Hook, Genie, Goofy, Launchpad
6'2" - 6'3": Baloo, Beast, Brer Bear, Goofy, Woody, Jafar, Launchpad
6'3" - 6'4": Beast, Jafar, Launchpad"

I was thinking of going to the local auditions down here just to see what they're like in case I decide to audition at the end of my program. Those of you on the fence about auditioning....DO IT. I have been kicking myself everyday wishing I had auditioned and I am incredibly unhappy with where I am right now (especially finding out I'm in Pluto height range and I LOVE PLUTO =/).
It's my dream job to be in entertainment and I was stupid and didn't go for it, so don't be like me...go for your dreams and go audition. Good luck to those of you who are going to audition =).

EDIT: Whoops can't do that. You have to wait 6 months between auditions T_T. Guess I'm waiting until the end of the program lol.

is it hard to become a character as a CP? are people who aren't in the college program usually chosen more?

is it hard to become a character as a CP? are people who aren't in the college program usually chosen more?

Not necessarily. I have had lots of CP friends who were performers. It just depends on what they are looking for.

For the animation stuff, do they want you to really juice it up and over exaggerate everything or to do it "normally"?

Lol I know. :P

When should the Audition dates be posted? Anyone have any idea?

Also how selective are they? Do you have a better chance if you are going for Advantage or no?

Lol I know. :P

When should the Audition dates be posted? Anyone have any idea?

Also how selective are they? Do you have a better chance if you are going for Advantage or no?

Probably not for another couple of weeks at least.

Also, I am going to say it depends on what they need. But I would guess advantage would help (cause you are down there longer). Just a guess though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter