Character Connection

SqueakyMouse

DIS Veteran
If you are at Epcot during evening EMH, be sure to check out the Character Connection. The sign outside says it closes at 5:30 (or thereabouts) so most guests don't realize it's open. There were only 2 other families there to see Mickey, Chip & Dale, Donald Duck, etc.

Dd, who DEMANDED that we go to Epcot the evening of this photo, fell asleep promptly upon arrival. I was not going to include her in any character photos, but Mickey pulled her into this shot. :earsboy:

79460WDW_Dec_05_40_Resized-med.jpg

BTW, Epcot felt empty last Thursday evening, Dec. 22. Wait time for TT was under 20 minutes by 11 pm. Dh and ds' waited less than 5 minutes for MS. Dd and I, of course, headed back to the resort. We had no wait for a bus; and it was nearly empty, too.

We found no lines at the character connection while we were there during regular hours that week. It was like no one knew it was there, we didn't wait in line at all. I wouldn't have gone in, but a CM in Mouse Gears told me Mickey was there with almost no wait, so we checked it out.

It's funny you mention the 22nd, we were in the MK that night for my DD's birthday, and I was expecting massive crowds, because it had started to get crowded around the 19th, but we thought it was not so bad that whole day. We stayed for Spectromagic and had no trouble getting a nice place to watch the parade about 20 minutes before it started. I don't know where everyone was on the 22nd, but they didn't appear to be in the parks!

This sounds like a great character opportunity without the long lines. Does anyone have anymore info on this?

We did it first thing in the morning and there was no one there, we got great interaction with the Characters all to ourselves....Very magical. We got some great pictures!!

tchrrx said:
This sounds like a great character opportunity without the long lines. Does anyone have anymore info on this?

I Believe it is in Epcot. We haven't been yet (leaving Monday :cool1: )
But I think it is just past innoventions. :teeth: on the left. :teeth:

It is near that place where you can try the different kinds of soda from around the world. Sorry I didn't answer this sooner. You can't see inside, the windows are painted and it says character connection, make friends with some of your favorite animated characters, or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter