Changing the time display on the boards..

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebmasterPete

Grand Administrator
Another one of the many features you'll find in the User Control Panel (select UserCP from the top of the page) is the ability to modify your profile. From there, you can specify how you want the time displayed when you visit the boards. For example, if you are on the East Coast, you want the time to show Eastern Dayllight Time. You can specify that feature in your profile area.

Thanks,
Pete

Is there any way to add a few more time zones for those states that don't do daylight savings?

GrumpyOne, it really doesn't matter the name of the time zone you select. Just choose the one that will allow your local time to be displayed. So what that means is that if your local time is the same as Mountain Time during this time of the year, choose Mountain Time. Later in the year, you may have to change it to Pacific Time.

When you click on user pc, go to edit OPTIONS to change your time, not edit profile

<i>Just choose the one that will allow your local time to be displayed... Later in the year, you may have to change it to Pacific Time.</i>

I realize there is a workaround. That's not the point, it's also not acceptable. Let me repeat the question.

Is there a chance of getting time zones added for those states that don't do daylight savings?

Hey, I know change it so your state has Daylight Svings!!lol!! I lived there a few years back and I do know why they don;t. just ribbing you a little!!lol!! :bounce: :jester:

And I do think you have a good point!! maybe the powers that be will be able to fix it!!

Originally posted by GrumpyOne
<i>Just choose the one that will allow your local time to be displayed... Later in the year, you may have to change it to Pacific Time.</i>

I realize there is a workaround. That's not the point, it's also not acceptable. Let me repeat the question.

Is there a chance of getting time zones added for those states that don't do daylight savings?
Wow we live up to out username don't we :)

There is no way for the admins of this forum to add more timezones to the forum. That can only be done at the code level.

WHEW! Thanks I didn't know what time I was on. Found out it was Europe time.

Kimbra :)

Speaking of time, how often does your software poll for connectees? I've noticed that the people on my 'buddy' list will show connected when, in fact, they have been disconnected for quite a while.

I have no idea. You might try pming Mr. J. Cricket. He may be able to tell you.

Sorry we haven't replied to this post. Questions are usually posted as new threads and we obviously don't think to look at these threads. In fact I think I'll lock them so we don't overlook any more questions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter