Changing Cruise dates and room assignments

NYGiantsRule!

DIS Veteran
We re-booked for a 2005 cruise last November before the dates were available. I want to move my reservation now that the dates have opened up. There are 5 of us travelling. I booked a cat. 6 room and a cat. 11 so that they can be across the hall. Our group consists of me, DH, DS 14, DS 11 and my mother. The reservation is set up with DH and DS's in the cat. 11 room and my mother and I in the cat. 6 room. This is the way that they said would be best. HOwever, we really want to end up with DH, DS 11 and me in the cat. 6 room and DS 14 and my mother in the cat. 11 room. When do I need to make the changes, now or later?
Thanks!

Just call DCL, and you can move your reservation and re-shuffle your people. The only thing that matters on people is that you will pay for 2 adults per room. Thus, your 14 year old will be charged as an adult provided he is in a room with grandma. Since an 11 year old pays a lower rate than a 14 year old, you want him to be billed as the child.

It would be the same price for you, DH, in one room, grandma and 14 year old in the other cabin...then put the 11 year old wherever you want (that shouldn't make any difference). You will want to verify this thur DCL as rates are always subject to change. This makes the assumption that you are not on any special rate like FL resident, military, etc. In those cases, you have to have one person who qualifies for the special rate in each cabin. Of course, who actually sleeps in which cabin is still up to you--it just has to be booked with a qualifying person in each.

I would make the changes now. Since the dates just opened, you will have the best chance of getting your desired staterooms, etc. The longer you wait, the more chance of taking whatever is left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter