• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing a name on a reservation

Spoiledtcangel

Earning My Ears
Not sure if this is the right place for this so please move if it's not.

So on one hand I'm thrilled we leave Sunday finally!!

On the other very upset my mom bailed on me! :( she can't come so my 20 year old is taking off school for the week and coming instead. Now the reservation is my name as primary, my moms as guest 2 and my youngest as 3...... magic bands received already as well.

Now do I need to change my mom's name out or can my daughter just use her band etc.? I wasn't sure if ID is needed for first use.

Disney can't change the name of the primary guest but changing a secondary guest is no problem. Although I have never seen anyone asked for ID, I think I would change it only because if there is some sort of MB entry glitch when entering the park, you would probably rather have all of the names right. It is just a phone call to Disney Reservations.

My understanding is that she would get a grey generic band at check in.

I would call and change the name. They may tell you there is a change fee of $50 involved at this point, but I would ask politely to see if they will waive it. Chances are she would be fine using your mom's band, however, china mom is right, if there is a glitch when tapping to enter the park, they may ask for ID.

I would wait until you check in before changing the name. Otherwise you could incur a fee.

Does your Mom have a ticket that your daughter is planning on using?

Yes, well It's a package, room, tickets, dinning. I also have her Xmas party ticket but that I can change online to another person. So it would basically be the entrance and dinning she would use the band for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter