Changes to Palo and Remy

I do think they try to keep those cutbacks and cost increases from being too obvious or overwhelming.
If they're actually trying, then they're not doing a very good job.
as long as the ships are full and the experiences are booked solid, we can count on cost increases.
They can't usually fill the ships up with guests paying full price. They get them as full as they can with full price guests, then make the discounts available, and then provide bargain basement (almost free in DCL terms) cruises to CMs, etc. It makes the ships feel well-filled but not necessarily with customers paying sticker price. It's the same way at the resorts. They know their pricing is unsustainable in terms of regularly filling ships, but they don't want to lower the sticker price. It's an image thing, I suppose.

Last edited:
You describe exactly our last Palo dinner on the Dream in Feb 2020. Why does Palo even have a dress code? I normally could care less what people wear but not all that long ago a member of our traveling party was sent back to change his shirt because the Palo manager didn’t believe his shirt (polo shirt) was dressy enough.
I honestly think that there’s a difference between smart jeans and a jacket for a guy and torn dirty jeans a t shirt and a bandana so why can’t it be addressed?
I guess there are many others who are of the opinion that why does it matter to me what someone else is wearing? And ultimately it doesn’t but it just felt a shame in what didn’t feel like a more special dining experience than just ordinary main dining.

I honestly think that there’s a difference between smart jeans and a jacket for a guy and torn dirty jeans a t shirt and a bandana so why can’t it be addressed?
I guess there are many others who are of the opinion that why does it matter to me what someone else is wearing? And ultimately it doesn’t but it just felt a shame in what didn’t feel like a more special dining experience than just ordinary main dining.
This is what happens when places relax their dress codes. It's a slippery slope. Sad that some people can't figure out why the way people are dressed makes a difference to the ambiance of a place. That's why there needs to be a dress code, because some people are just clueless.

This is what happens when places relax their dress codes. It's a slippery slope. Sad that some people can't figure out why the way people are dressed makes a difference to the ambiance of a place. That's why there needs to be a dress code, because some people are just clueless.
Yep exactly. Now anything goes for main dining but hey we get changed for dinner but that’s our choice.
But if you relax rules for Palo then that’s interpreted as anything goes too. And on pirate night it certainly was!

Anyone have either or both of these booked coming up on the August Dream cruises? Interested in hearing what people think.

We were in Disney last week, we paid $42 a person for breakfast at Chef Mickey, yes we had to pay for the character experience at this restaurant, but the food does not come close to what you get at Palo for brunch.
So when I think of Palo brunch and all you get for $45 it almost seems like a deal compared to Chef Mickey.

Be our Guest is $67 a person (lunch and dinner) and the food reviews are mediocre at best, again the characters (which is just Beast right now) and the atmosphere is part of the cost. But I love the view at Palo and a 4 course dinner for $45 and the food is amazing. The service at Palo is wonderful.

Just my thoughts when I compare other options and cost.

I totally get what you're saying, but I think your math is off because you are not adding in how much you have already spent for your meals on the cruise. People tend to think of their cruise food as "free," but it's actually "pre-paid." You paid for a dinner in the main dining room that you will not be eating, so you have to add that cost to the $45 to get a better sense of how much that meal costs. Still, I see your point.

In addition to looking forward to hearing what those soon to cruise think of the new Palo experience, I'm hoping someone will weigh in about food allergies or vegan.

If you go to Palo; please ask for, snap a photo, and later post an allergy menu. TIA

I totally get what you're saying, but I think your math is off because you are not adding in how much you have already spent for your meals on the cruise. People tend to think of their cruise food as "free," but it's actually "pre-paid." You paid for a dinner in the main dining room that you will not be eating, so you have to add that cost to the $45 to get a better sense of how much that meal costs. Still, I see your point.

Yes, you're right that we already paid for our dinners in the cruise fare. Palo is a like a vacation splurge. Plus being platinum, we receive a complementary meal which is a good perk

My date to make reservations is coming up - any allergy experiences with the new Palo dinner dinner or brunch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter