Changes to Palo and Remy

CarolynU

Proud Mum twice over
Forgive me if this is a duplicate post.
I see the cost is rising.
Palo $45 but for a prix fixe menu of four courses with additional items as an up charge. Remy will be $125 with additional items as an up charge for a la carte.
Platinum guests will continue to get one Palo complimentary brunch or dinner (brunch is also rising to $45) of the prix fixe 4 course menu.
I guess the small price increase is to be expected and I guess that additional costs for certain items as an up charge is also a way of recouping some of DCL’s losses from the pandemic.
I wonder what the new menu will look like and what kind of items will incur an extra charge?

Palo $45 but for a prix fixe menu of four courses with additional items as an up charge. Remy will be $125 with additional items as an up charge for a la carte.
Platinum guests will continue to get one Palo complimentary brunch or dinner (brunch is also rising to $45) of the prix fixe 4 course menu.
I guess the small price increase is to be expected and I guess that additional costs for certain items as an up charge is also a way of recouping some of DCL’s losses from the pandemic.
I wonder what the new menu will look like and what kind of items will incur an extra charge?
Where did you see that it is four courses? I did see the price increase, and that it is $45 for a prix fixe menu on the website, but I did not see where it said how many courses.

Where did you see that it is four courses? I did see the price increase, and that it is $45 for a prix fixe menu on the website, but I did not see where it said how many courses.
It was on a board devoted to the uk bookings for today as a release from DCL. I guess in their know before you go section.
The four courses I guess is just the same as it always was really if you count the cheeses and meats that were given first pre appetiser.
I struggled to eat all those courses anyway but I wonder what items will incur an up charge?

I believe the first time we ate there, Remy was 80$, then the last time 85$ (same year) It got so expensive after that!

On other cruise lines, similar experiences seem to cost half the price (but there are more tables around you and they don’t seem to do that cute unveiling of the dishes...)

So on DCL it sure looks like we pay for the ambiance... I don’t know if I’d do it again unless it was an extremely special occasion.

The price increase was to be expected... somehow. If prix fixe is to ensure that a 4 course meal is a 4 course meal - with the same menu items as before (Palo), I can live with that. I have dined at Palo on a few occasions where people treated the menu as an all you can eat buffet. This does not only increase cost to DCL, but service time - so they can turn that table much less quickly. In the end, this may make Brunch much more appealing... and harder to get

I thought it was priced too high on our last trip and had planned to skip it in the future. Another price increase has only reinforced that. If it is the same menu but limited to 4 courses that is fine. If it is a much more limited menu like a true prix fixe then it is really not worth it.

The price is in line with what other cruise lines charge but their cruise fare is usually half the price of DCL.

This could end up being the final deal breaker for us after 20 DCL cruises (and 3 more booked). I’m a vegetarian which means I’m going to be forced to a la carte every time. Remy is always the highlight of our cruise. I feel this will be more manageable (and affordable) in Palo, but for Remy it just feels like a terrible $ grab on an already expensive meal. ☹

We are already booked in a suite on Celebrity next summer for Alaska )for the price of a veranda on DCL). It comes with specialty dining included for our level of suite. If I’m going to be charged extra for things, Celebrity prices may win me over if the service and quality are there.

I get a complimentary Palo but don’t always use it if I’m cruising solo as I do miss chatting to someone in between courses.
If I cruise with one particular friend she is a very plain eater so that doesn’t work either.
I cannot even manage 4 courses comfortably either so I can’t see the changes impacting me much, but I’d be curious to see any new menus.

That’s a lot of food and more money than I’m willing to spend. I’ve enjoyed Palo brunch, but it’s not worth the up charge for me any longer.

Should not affect us any. We struggle to eat the 4 courses as served. Could not imagine eating more than that.

Palo brunch is literally our favorite meal of any restaurant in the world. Of course, we don't pay for it (thank you Platinum benefits) so this neither bothers or affects me. What I am more interested is to see how Palo brunch is done with Covid protocols.

We were in Disney last week, we paid $42 a person for breakfast at Chef Mickey, yes we had to pay for the character experience at this restaurant, but the food does not come close to what you get at Palo for brunch.
So when I think of Palo brunch and all you get for $45 it almost seems like a deal compared to Chef Mickey.

Be our Guest is $67 a person (lunch and dinner) and the food reviews are mediocre at best, again the characters (which is just Beast right now) and the atmosphere is part of the cost. But I love the view at Palo and a 4 course dinner for $45 and the food is amazing. The service at Palo is wonderful.

Just my thoughts when I compare other options and cost.

Palo brunch is literally our favorite meal of any restaurant in the world. Of course, we don't pay for it (thank you Platinum benefits) so this neither bothers or affects me. What I am more interested is to see how Palo brunch is done with Covid protocols.

I'm sure it will be servers giving out the food. We have been on several cruises where servers gave you the food from the buffet.

Truly my issue is more that this does not feel like “fine dining” rather than cost (need to see cost differential). If I have one vegetarian option - that is like going to a fancy cafeteria not a high end restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter