Changes to P&J’s menu and Site Decorating

redfieldsdodisney

Goof Troopin’ At The Fort
Watched Road Trippin’s (Fort YouTubers) newest video and they highlighted some changes around the Fort.

No more bounty platter on the P&J’s breakfast menu and they no longer offer macaroni and cheese or baked beans as sides with lunch/dinner.

They also showed a new site decorating rules sheet that was posted around the Fort. Two things I noticed were that it says you can’t attach, wrap, or place decorations on any trees or structures. This really limits decorating for people staying in cabins if they can’t hang anything on their cabin or in the trees.

Also surprised to see that decorations can’t exceed 6 feet in height.

Here’s the video link if anyone wants to watch:

Sad on the mac and cheese. 2 years ago, fed 12 people with 3 of the fried chicken meals. 2 cole slaw, 2 mashed potato and 2 mac and cheese. Everyone happy from a 3 year old to a 75 year old. Where else at disney can you feed 12 people for $75.

The menu may change again as they bring buffets back to Disney. And well the decoration guidelines, they have been loosely enforced in the past, I know some of the inflatables are taller than 6 ft.

With regard to the decorations, it's my ignorant, uniformed opinion that .....

People been bringing decorations to FW for 50 yrs.

People push the limits/rules in an effort to one-up each other.

People don't reinvent spangly new lights for Halloween each year.

People have been caught/slapped on the wrist/strict talking to (attitudes from last season I bet) in the past.

People will have Disney try to get in FRONT of the issue this season so they can invoke the rules and enforce compliance.

Somehow I don't think cabins were the problem/issue. The RV/Trailer loops are Ground Zero (and I can bet on one handful of loops in my very limited experience).

People will continue to push the limits and betting Disney will (or won't) confront them and enforce the rules.

Same ol' same ol' .....

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Here’s the decoration rules from the website. Looks like site trick or treating is over
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/

Decorating Your Campsite
You can add a personal touch to your campsite—but be sure to follow these decoration rules.
Decoration Rules
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all our Guests, all decorations must comply with the Walt Disney World Resort Property Rules and the specific requirements below.
We reserve the right to prohibit the use or storage of any item that we determine may be harmful or disruptive, in our sole and absolute discretion.
  • Decorations may NOT:
    • Extend more than 10 feet from the site pad and should not encroach on neighboring sites
    • Be placed along any public sidewalks or roadways behind or alongside any campsite
    • Be closer than 3 feet from the roadway
    • Interfere with traffic flow
    • Be attached, wrapped, or placed on to ANY of the following: plants, trees, trash cans, fencing or structures
    • Obstruct sidewalks, trash cans, or Comfort Stations
    • Obstruct the site post (the site post MUST remain visible at all times)
    • Be placed on cabin deck stairs (deck stairs must remain free and clear of any decorations at all times)
    • Be used to create pathways through or around the campsite
    • Solicit or advertise sales, services or companies
    • Contain suggestive, offensive, or obscene material
    • Use intrusive bright lights, music, or sound effects (all decorations and effects must follow the Resort quiet hours)
    • Exceed 6 feet in height
  • Use of any flag, banner, sign or other material for commercial purposes, or as part of a demonstration, is prohibited.
  • Decorations that a person could enter or walk over/ under are not permitted. No such items are permitted to be erected or brought onto the property.
  • Extension cords are not allowed to cross any path or walkway.
  • Extension cords and power splitters/dividers must be suitable for outdoor use and must be in new condition.
  • Multiple power splitters and dividers may not be connected to one another creating a chain.
  • Giveaways of any kind (e.g., food, candy, toys) are prohibited.

With regard to the decorations, it's my ignorant, uniformed opinion that .....

People been bringing decorations to FW for 50 yrs.

People push the limits/rules in an effort to one-up each other.

People don't reinvent spangly new lights for Halloween each year.

People have been caught/slapped on the wrist/strict talking to (attitudes from last season I bet) in the past.

People will have Disney try to get in FRONT of the issue this season so they can invoke the rules and enforce compliance.

Somehow I don't think cabins were the problem/issue. The RV/Trailer loops are Ground Zero (and I can bet on one handful of loops in my very limited experience).

People will continue to push the limits and betting Disney will (or won't) confront them and enforce the rules.

Same ol' same ol' .....

Bama Ed
This. Rules look about the same as the past.

Putting it on the website as @Lehuaann shared gives Disney the leeway to say "you were told the rules". Even if you didn't actually look at the website (lots of info people there don't know about).

And the cabins have a restriction on the deck STAIRS which is reasonable so there is no interference going up or down. But the deck is fair game, it appears.

A couple years ago campers were messing around with the electrical boxes to run their decorations so I understand the need to draw the line SOME where and enforce it. For safety reasons.

Ed

Watched Road Trippin’s (Fort YouTubers) newest video and they highlighted some changes around the Fort.

No more bounty platter on the P&J’s breakfast menu and they no longer offer macaroni and cheese or baked beans as sides with lunch/dinner.

They also showed a new site decorating rules sheet that was posted around the Fort. Two things I noticed were that it says you can’t attach, wrap, or place decorations on any trees or structures. This really limits decorating for people staying in cabins if they can’t hang anything on their cabin or in the trees.

Also surprised to see that decorations can’t exceed 6 feet in height.

Here’s the video link if anyone wants to watch:
Good couple to watch for all Fort Wilderness content. You can even email them/message them with specific questions and they will find an answer for you.

Yea, i always liked them too. I watched a ton of there stuff before my fisrt trip.

We are here right now< (September 17th) and I can say that every.one.of.these.decorating.rules.are.NOT.being.enforced. There are decorations attached to trees (ghosts and witches that look like they flew into the tree) 8 foot tall Mickey pumpkins, Mickey and Minnie dressed as vampires, etc. Several sites have their decs right to the edge of their site. There are many sites that have 12-15 if not more 6-9-10 foot inflatables. There is a site that must have at least 60 plants, mini trees, etc ALL over their site. I can’t imagine packing all that up at the end of a stay! I will take a few pics this week when we drive around again.

Like most of the Fort rules, they’re usually only enforced when another guest complains it seems. The only 2 rules I need them to enforce are the quiet hours and the not letting kids drive golf carts. Been almost run over with kids driving carts one too many times.

Last edited:
The policy about attaching decorations to structures is not new. I had to change my Christmas decorations in 2014 or 2015 (can't remember which) because I had lights on the fence railing near my site. I was told by the CM that policy was changed because a guest cut themselves on a broken light while going to the comfort station. Apparently they were using the rail that the lights were on.

I had heard before that you couldn't put them on the trees either, but that really hasn't been enforced.

We are here right now< (September 17th) and I can say that every.one.of.these.decorating.rules.are.NOT.being.enforced. There are decorations attached to trees (ghosts and witches that look like they flew into the tree) 8 foot tall Mickey pumpkins, Mickey and Minnie dressed as vampires, etc. Several sites have their decs right to the edge of their site. There are many sites that have 12-15 if not more 6-9-10 foot inflatables. There is a site that must have at least 60 plants, mini trees, etc ALL over their site. I can’t imagine packing all that up at the end of a stay! I will take a few pics this week when we drive around again.

We arrived on the 27th...a lot of guests also skipped Fall and went straight to Christmas ha. We love it all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter