changes for eating at aulani

disneyworldsk

DIS Veteran
Effective Sept. 13, 2021, all Aulani Resort food & beverage outlets, including quick service and takeaway, will be restricted to resort guests only. Per City & County of Honolulu guidelines, we will require proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours for all guests ages 12 and older dining on property.

i guess i don't understand, what were the rules prior to this? you can walk into a dining area at aulani not vaccinated and/or not tested being 12 and older without issue? and i thought if you are a resort guest from a non-hawaiian city, coming into hawaii, you need this documentation anyway? how is it different?

i guess i don't understand, what were the rules prior to this? you can walk into a dining area at aulani not vaccinated and/or not tested being 12 and older without issue? and i thought if you are a resort guest from a non-hawaiian city, coming into hawaii, you need this documentation anyway? how is it different?
If you are older than 12 and is not vaccinated you cannot eat at any of the restaurant. This include the grab and go.
if you have a negative covid test, if it is more than 48 hours old, the same applies as above. It does not matter if you came from the mainland or another Hawaiian island.

Before, they would just verify your Safe Travels QR code was approved (either via vaccine or negative test) at check-in. And at the dine-in places they took down your room number to do contact tracing. They didn’t check your status at any time besides check-in (we also were verified at the rental car check-in and entrance to Ko Olina lounge at HNL, but no where else; you did have to fill out contact tracing at restaurants or any place where you would remove your mask).

Obviously, now that has changed that they will be checking your status every time you go to a food place.

People who COULD dine at Aulani before but can't dine now:

- Unvaccinated locals who aren't staying at the resort
- Vaccinated locals who aren't staying at the resort
- Unvaccinated Aulani guests whose last negative COVID test was more than 48 hours ago

To travel into Hawaii, you need to be vaccinated OR test negative within 72 hours of your flight OR quarantine for 10 days. This new policy for restaurants is much more strict than that.

wow
So my BFF moved to Hawaii.
We are visiting day after Christmas for 2weeks. Finishing up with 4 nights at Aulani.
Her and her son are registered guests.
Her husband was just going to come during some days and we bought tickets for luao already.
Hmmmm......this is for 1st week of January....it could change 3 more times by then:headache:
Kerri

wow
We are visiting day after Christmas for 2weeks. Finishing up with 4 nights at Aulani.
Her husband was just going to come during some days and we bought tickets for luao already.
Hmmmm......this is for 1st week of January....it could change 3 more times by then:headache:
Kerri
The luau is the exception. Vaccinated locals can attend.

But I agree that the frequency and speed that they change the rules makes it totally impossible to plan anything.

wow
Kerri
This is only for 60 day unless they extend

The data on delta finally looks like it’s turning but I would be shocked if it isn’t extended all the same.
Slightly.
i read/create metrics for a living.
while the number of sick is slightly going down the +rate really isnt. (Since Hawaii is an island for my vacation, i am vocusing on Honalulu country +rates.) This tells me people are sick (or dont know they are sick)but not getting tested.
The next 2 weeks will be telling. If Honalulu county +rate continues to go down, there is a good chance that it may be down to 6% for my November trip.

Without the Black wrist band, which guests receive after showing their vaccination cards, you can’t get food anywhere including outside stands. People were turned away at the shaved ice stand because they didn’t have the black band. They are very strict on this

Also to be fair Monkeypod, Roy’s and longboards require a vaccine card to get a table. A negative test is not accepted.

Without the Black wrist band, which guests receive after showing their vaccination cards, you can’t get food anywhere including outside stands. People were turned away at the shaved ice stand because they didn’t have the black band. They are very strict on this
What are they giving to children under 12? I know they're exempt from the program. Does the exemption get them the band, or does the exemption get them into the restaurant without the band?

Also to be fair Monkeypod, Roy’s and longboards require a vaccine card to get a table. A negative test is not accepted.
Oh wow. Good thing my hubs and i are vaccinate.

i know a lot of people are not happy or disappointed about how HI is handling things with all of the restriction, but not us. The stress level that this pandemic has cause me will be a bit less if/when we arrive in November. Will it be a pain at the airport? Probably, but we will just take it in stride. I am looking forward to sitting my *** in our casabella just looking at the water and sipping my lava flow. A good way/place to spend my 50th birthday.

While we aren’t traveling with children I went and asked at the black band distribution center. Under 12 does not need a band but if you or the child wants one they can get it. Especially for kids that may look older than they are. At the restaurants around like monkeypod they only ask for older than 12 vaccine cards and it seems to be on the honor system.
What are they giving to children under 12? I know they're exempt from the program. Does the exemption get them the band, or does the exemption get them into the restaurant without the band?

The data on delta finally looks like it’s turning but I would be shocked if it isn’t extended all the same.
The mayor has publicly stated that he hopes the program incentivizes people to get vaccinated. So even if the infection rates go down, I expect the program to stay in place until the vaccination rates are in whatever range is deemed acceptable to the mayor.

I have a 5yo and 3yo and we're hearing that our 5yo should be able to get the vaccine in November, our 3yo possibly in January. Opening up the vaccinations to kids should hopefully add a meaningful bump.

How is Aulani handling guests who aren't vaccinated but choose to test every 48 hours? Just curious because I haven't seen anyone report on this.

If you are only tested you can’t get the black band. Without it no restaurants at Aulani will serve you food and without the vaccine card the other restaurants won’t either. I heard them telling someone they could buy food at the ABC store and cook it in their room. Would recommend not coming if you aren’t vaccinated.

If you are only tested you can’t get the black band. Without it no restaurants at Aulani will serve you food and without the vaccine card the other restaurants won’t either. I heard them telling someone they could buy food at the ABC store and cook it in their room. Would recommend not coming if you aren’t vaccinated.
Thanks for the info - everyone in my family who is eligible has been vaccinated. For the most part, I've felt very safe at Aulani and this just adds additional peace of mind. It's hard to keep my young children safe, offer them a reasonable opportunity to enjoy life, and not feel anxious all at the same time. Aulani is one of the few places that checks all the boxes for our family and I'm so grateful we live 45 minutes away!

wow
Kerri

This is an indirect comment but I might suggest your BFF make sure her husband is registered as a guest even though he's going to come during some of the days. If he isn't registered, he won't be able to join them at the pools, activities, or even possibly in the room.

I think you are right that the dining requirements could possibly change by then. Hope you enjoy your stay at Aulani!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter