Change to Extra Magical Hours

For my family this is a non perk. We did the extra magic morning hours once. We were so tired the rest of the day, it wasn’t worth it. I did however enjoy the evening hours.

They don’t always let you in early though. I just got back and we did not get in that early in relation to opening hours,

I think right now, with social distancing, they are letting people in when they are worried, But, once this is officially implemented, they should only allow those who are onsite in, or at least into rides, early.

Good point, i think they will let everybody in, just like old times, but they will only let onsite people get on rides, again, just like old EMH.

I’ve had a few days to calm down and think about this and I just can’t help but feel disappointed still. 30 minutes is almost an insult. Couldn’t they at least do an hour? 30 minutes doesn’t give much wiggle room for bus issues or if a kid wakes up in a difficult mood it could take 30 minutes longer to get them ready.

I know it’s disappointing but nothing prevents them from increasing once they get an idea of how it works in practice, right?

It could be wishful thinking on my part but because they said they wanted to bring it back starting later this year, I am hoping they are starting with the 30 minutes and will increase it as time and capacity levels rise to where it will be the hour.

We have three teenagers. Does anyone have teenagers that wake up before noon on vacation unless forced to? It may drive me nuts, but I've given up getting my family out of bed early - I tried forcing my family to make Rope Drop one time and all I got was drop kicked! And DW is as bad as the teenagers! PLEASE allow late hours, because of otherwise, we might only get a couple of hours at the parks 🤣. Actually, for us, I wouldn't mind separate tickets for late hours.
not a teenager but a little kid, who despite getting up at the crack of dawn cant manage to get her shoes on or her teeth brushed without a fight to leave the resort at a reasonable time 😂

I wonder if this will mean more after hours parties? I am willing to pay if attendance is properly limited.

Of course it will mean more pay for parties. I think that's their goal all along. I remember when you got to stay later at night with your regular ticket. Now that same ticket (which is lots more expensive) gets short hours, no evening hours at all.
Of course, disney will reap the rewards to charging twice for one day. If you are someone who loves the nighttime(and it seems alot of people on here do), then you will have to pay for something that was free.
It's a win/win for disney, but unfortunately not a win for the regular guests. I have never paid for an after hours event and won't. You can just do the party one day and I know that is an option. But it still rubs me the wrong way that you have to pay for nighttime, which used to be "free" with regular admission. It seems like the "regular" ticket guests keep getting short changed.

The announcement mentioned "as part of the 50th anniversary celebration" they are adding this. What do people think on the timing of when this will start? Will they wait until Sept/October? Or do you think they will start earlier?

no evening hours at all.

There is also no paid night events either.

Could this mean paid night events? Sure

Also I had previously looked and the week in July I randomly picked in 2019 had less Extra Hours than having 30 mins in every park each day. Yes this is cheaper for Disney but as long as the park is fully open at that 30 mins early this is possibly a better win.

In the evening you really need 2-3 hours extra to get an benefit based on standby lines for the big attractions filling up right before close. 45 mins to 1 hour as an example just for FOP or 7DMT to clear out to make it a benefit.

Personally I like the daily extra head start and hopefully on the flip side parks are just open later period.

We took advantage of the morning magical hour and they were not really popular. So I think for the morning people it is going to be just ok.

I assume this will work leveraging their Tech. You will have to scan MDE or a magic band to enter a ride queue. If they dont do that this is pointless.

I'm not salty yet.. it's something of value returning for onsite guests. I like the idea of all 4 parks available. EMH used to affect crowds too much.

Also hoping it mimics the way parks are opening now (generally 35-50 minutes before 'official' open) but only for onsite guests. Could potentially be a pretty nice game changer. Having your choice of park to start every day with a few easy rides could be sweet! And leave behind the major crowding hassles EMH turned into :)

A good point was made about how they'd avoid congestion at park front. They could allow everybody in but need to scan for rides, which I wouldn't mind since there's no harm allowing all tickets in early to shop and take pics and that would keep the park front moving along. But then there'd still be crowding with offsite staking spots near rides. Could control via transportation, where only WDW resort transport allowed entry and parking gates only letting onsite thru with separate lines. Who knows?

Staying onsite in March and reading about that current unofficial early opening, so is the general game plan to arrive at least one hour prior to stated park opening?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter