Change to Extra Magical Hours

What are people's thoughts on the change in the Magical Hours for resort guests? I think I might dig the new policy IF they truly hold non-resort guests back until posted opening time!

IF is the big kicker. If they can flip an IT switch that does not authorize magic bands/cards until park open then it's a good perk. What happens at HS regularly makes me think this means very little.

I'll be sad at the loss of evening magic hours, to hang out and chill in the park after a lot of folks have left, though that already does happen to some extent because of early kid bedtimes for many families.

The change in magical hours for guests stink. Coming from the west coast we only ever do the evening ones, so a 30 minute early entry is of no benefit to us. Combine this with no ME and things are starting to get really annoying.

I loved night time EMH. I don’t really care to wake up early on vacation.

This. Absolutely and positively THIS. I don't ever remember even using early morning magic, but we used the evening ones almost every night wherever they were, especially in the olden days when they were long enough to actually matter.

Wow. Maybe it's time to call Nick and punt.

Somebody should post the new hours/policies in the opening post for those that read this and don't know what's going on. :)

@justadreamaway77
Curiosity got the best of me so I had to find it:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/01/a-look-ahead-at-walt-disney-world-resort/
COMING SOON

Early Theme Park Entry: We know how much guests enjoy extra park time, so coming later this year as part of our 50th anniversary celebration, Disney Resort hotel guests and guests of other select hotels will be able to enjoy more fun with 30-minute early entry to ANY theme park, EVERY day. It’ll be a great way to get a jump start on your Disney day, no matter the day! As a reminder, the Extra Magic Hours benefit was suspended when Walt Disney World Resort reopened last summer, and as we continue to manage attendance with health and safety top of mind, Extra Magic Hours will not return. The new early theme park entry benefit helps us better spread visitation across all four theme parks, while providing added flexibility by giving guests extra early park time on each day of their vacation and in the park of their choosing. Please note that guests need valid admission and a park reservation made via the Disney Park Pass system to enter a theme park.

A little disappointing for sure but it is what it is. My new 2021 motto. We will still come and adjust and make use of them..maybe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter