Change Reservations or Stick With December Plans

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by MomofTwinPrincesses, May 6, 2013.

  1. MomofTwinPrincesses

    MomofTwinPrincesses Mouseketeer

    Mar 18, 2013
    I am trying to decide if we should change our plans from early December to September just for the free dining. We would save about $1000 (and eat much better). I know we wouldn't be able to get BOG dinner reservations but it looks like everything else we want is available. I would be so upset if we switched and then free dining came out in December. Decisions, decisions.

    I am looking forward to seeing Disney at Christmas but money is tight. Do I sacrifice for the sake of free food? I am still crazy enough to believe there will be an offer in December.
  2. Riles_and_Gabe

    Riles_and_Gabe DIS Veteran

    Nov 27, 2010
    That is a tough one. I know for me personally saving $1,000 would definitely have me changing my reservation.
  3. Bete

    Bete DIS Veteran

    Sep 14, 1999
    I think I would book both trips and wait and see what happens. You will be locked in for the free dining. Then, you play a waiting game to see if a December deal will come along.

    You will be out two deposits until you cancel a trip. You have up to 45 days from your trip to cancel without penalty. Your deposit will be refunded when you cancel. This is extra work, but doable.

    I'm a huge fan of Xmas at Disney World. I debated this same issue and I actually decided I will skip free dining and stick with the Xmas holiday. If I can get the free dining deal for December then that's a bonus. There's only two of us; so, the decision is not as hard.

    You can buy some time and decide later which trip will be better. When free dining is offered the better restaurants and better times are booked quickly. I would book my free dining September dining reservations and you can cancel those reservations, too if you decide to do December.

Share This Page