Challenge Medals - Double Qualifying?

Not true, you get both C2C and the Kessel medal for doing half marathon at light side and half marathon at darkside. No other races needed

This year i saw multiple people who only raced light side get both medals when the completed the darkside...they side no other races. I even confirmed it with rundisney. Same applies for Tink/Princess - you get both blue c2c and pink one
LOL - did you stop reading at this post?

LOL - did you stop reading at this post?
umm, no...you guys kept saying that you don't know and that you might get both, and that you are not sure, and that things may change. Well, I am telling you what runDisney told me directly. I specifically asked them these questions and they were clear that there is only one C2C medal (the blue one). The other medals are CHALLENGE medals and you get them for doing the special challenges - so you will get both.

umm, no...you guys kept saying that you don't know and that you might get both, and that you are not sure, and that things may change. Well, I am telling you what runDisney told me directly. I specifically asked them these questions and they were clear that there is only one C2C medal (the blue one). The other medals are CHALLENGE medals and you get them for doing the special challenges - so you will get both.

I spoke directly with three different managers who told me just the opposite. One even opened the website and told me that the Kessel medal WAS the coast to coast for the star wars series and to pass the information along. Lo and behold, that is not what they did after the race. I think that is where the "who knows" stems from. Basically, runDisney has not really been consistent in information or practice.

Not true, you get both C2C and the Kessel medal for doing half marathon at light side and half marathon at darkside. No other races needed

This year i saw multiple people who only raced light side get both medals when the completed the darkside...they side no other races. I even confirmed it with rundisney. Same applies for Tink/Princess - you get both blue c2c and pink one

This is correct. It has been this way in the past and was told it would be be the same. It clearly says on the challenge website that Races can be used form multiple challenges, which was he wording used last year when everyone got the coast to coast with the kessel

I spoke directly with three different managers who told me just the opposite. One even opened the website and told me that the Kessel medal WAS the coast to coast for the star wars series and to pass the information along. Lo and behold, that is not what they did after the race. I think that is where the "who knows" stems from. Basically, runDisney has not really been consistent in information or practice.
Same here. Folks on the Dis should know that information received from any source at Disney or runDisney is unreliable, at best. And, just because it was done this way in the past does not mean that it will always be done this way in the future. And the wording on the website is totally confusing.

This argument could go on & on & on but here's the email response I received for 2017(which is all I have to go by as 2016 is over & done) -

Thank you for contacting us regarding the runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge.

My apologies for the confusion. We appreciate your commitment to the runDisney Kessel Run Challenge. You must complete the Star Wars Half Marathon or Star Wars Rebel Challenge at the Disneyland Resort and Star Wars Half Marathon – The Dark Side or Star Wars Dark Side Challenge at the Walt Disney World Resort in one calendar year. A calendar year is defined as January 1 to December 31.

If you desire to earn the original Coast to Coast medal, you will need to complete a third half marathon or longer at the Walt Disney World Resort or the Disneyland Resort within the same calendar year. Further information about the runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge is available at runDisney.com/coast-to-coast-race-challenge on the Program tab.

Jeanne, we hope this information is helpful. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Sincerely,

Sarah Doyle

Guest Experience Services

runDisney

So what I'm gathering is that runDisney is not giving out consistent information...

...GASP!!
Now lets not get hasty. This is clearly not a situation that has ever happened before. I mean it's not something that's come up with deferrals, corral information, etc. that would lead us to believe that runDisney is somehow not a professional organization that ensures everyone is on the same page before allowing them to give out information. That's just crazy talk.

Now lets not get hasty. This is clearly not a situation that has ever happened before. I mean it's not something that's come up with deferrals, corral information, etc. that would lead us to believe that runDisney is somehow not a professional organization that ensures everyone is on the same page before allowing them to give out information. That's just crazy talk.
You bring up some valid points. My apologies....

.....:crazy2:

Frankly, I'm better off asking the hobo down the street for an answer than to listen to a single thing I hear from RunDisney customer service. The hobo will be more entertaining and still have the same chance of being correct.

Basically my experience this year to make it simple:

Jan 2017 - The Light Side Half Marathon at Disneyland
April 2017 - The Dark Side Half Marathon at Disney World

After finishing the Dark Side in Florida, I got three medals:
1. The Dark Side Half Marathon Medal
2. The Kessel Challenge Medal
3. Special 10th Anniversary Coast to Coast Challenge Medal (blue)

Hope this helps.

Many had the same question about doing Princess and Tink - did we get just the pink Coast to Coast or both the pink and blue? In 2016, many people reported getting both, but it was attributed to a "mistake" of Kessel Run recipients getting both. At Tink check-in this year I was given a pink wristband ONLY. I read on here that some people had gone to runner relations and asked for the blue wristband and had received it, so decided to give it a shot. I was prepared to be told no and leave it at that, but they gave me the blue one, no questions asked. At the end of the Half, I received both C2C medals.

Based on this experience, my guess is the official line is you only get Kessel Run for doing both Star Wars races, but if you ask or make noise, they'll give you both. Who knows next year, though?

Many had the same question about doing Princess and Tink - did we get just the pink Coast to Coast or both the pink and blue? In 2016, many people reported getting both, but it was attributed to a "mistake" of Kessel Run recipients getting both. At Tink check-in this year I was given a pink wristband ONLY. I read on here that some people had gone to runner relations and asked for the blue wristband and had received it, so decided to give it a shot. I was prepared to be told no and leave it at that, but they gave me the blue one, no questions asked. At the end of the Half, I received both C2C medals.

Based on this experience, my guess is the official line is you only get Kessel Run for doing both Star Wars races, but if you ask or make noise, they'll give you both. Who knows next year, though?
For me this year that was not the case. When I picked up my bib for Dark Side Challenge, they gave me 2 wristbands. One for Kessel Run and one for Coast to Coast. I didn't have to ask at all. The wording on the website indicates that eligible runners are eligible to earn 2 Coast to Coast medals at the same race provided the medals are unique, which would certainly be the case for the Kessel Run and pink variant of the Coast to Coast.

For me this year that was not the case. When I picked up my bib for Dark Side Challenge, they gave me 2 wristbands. One for Kessel Run and one for Coast to Coast. I didn't have to ask at all. The wording on the website indicates that eligible runners are eligible to earn 2 Coast to Coast medals at the same race provided the medals are unique, which would certainly be the case for the Kessel Run and pink variant of the Coast to Coast.

Yes, I agree that the wording definitely confirms that, which is why I didn't feel guilty going and asking for the blue band. But it seems rD may be experimenting with whether to automatically give those who are eligible both bands by default. Just in speaking to other runners over the weekend and seeing posts here and on Facebook, it appears the only folks who got two bands at check-in at Tink were those who had also run another race at WDW besides Princess. But nobody who went to runner relations to ask for the second band was turned away.

I don't want to open up the can of worms about whether they should award medals to runners who are swept.

I will say this though. If they're going to award medals to runners who are swept from a race, they had better award each unique Coast to Coast medal to all runners who finish the Kessel Run or Princess to Pixie.

Following this thread. I was curious about being able to get Pink and Blue coast to coast challenge for doing Princess and Tink next year. It will be interesting to see if RunDisney Continues awarding both at either Star Wars races and the Princess/Pixie races 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter