Celebrations Galore & Free Dining too! A Sept 2012 PTR (TR started!)

Congrats on booking your flights and at POFQ - I'm so pleased for you! I love POFQ, it's such a nice place to stay. I found it very quiet and the staff very pleasant!

Thanks! We can't wait to stay at POFQ...so pretty and serene.

Hi Meghan!
Great TR so far!
Congrats on the flight & resort bookings!:goodvibes
I just got off the phone with booking our Sept trip too thanks to free dining!!!!:woohoo:
I can't wait to read all about your planning.
I know Cole & Maddie are going to have a great time!

Yay! :banana: What dates are you guys going? It would be awesome if our trips overlapped!!!

So in case you haven't heard, a little discount came out today called....FREE DINING!!!! :banana::cool1::dance3::woohoo::yay: I called this morning and had it applied to my reservation and it's saving us over $740!!!! :thumbsup2 Last time free dining was offered, if you were staying at a Value or Mod, you got the QSDP for free. If that was the case, we would have upgraded to the standard dining plan. Well, let's just say I was thrilled to pieces when I saw that Mods got the standard dining plan free. :cheer2: The only thing we ended up having to pay extra for was a switch to a garden view room instead of a standard room (a whopping $78). I'll gladly pay an extra $78 to save over $700. That seems to be a reoccuring theme so far with this trip. $75 to get 2 free flights on Southwest and now $78 to get free dining. So funny!

In other planning news, I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out ADR's. I've never had this much difficulty before! I can make my ADR's exactly 3 weeks from today, so I still have plenty of time. How come it's been super easy making itineraries for my clients lately, but this is so hard for my own trip?! I think I'm just over analyzing everything. I'll post our ADR ideas in another post very soon.

I know I said it on facebook, but HOORAY for free dining! I know everyone says that free dining isn't always the best discount, but in my opinion it definitely is! Food is expensive on vacation, and it's AMAZING not to have to worry about it!

I was so excited yesterday when they released the Free Dining offer! We book through DVC so we are not able to take advantage of it but I got a couple other people who are interested in it.

Woo hoo! I was NOT happy to see that email in my box from Disney Visa since we didn't plan to go this year!! I'm glad you are able to save so much, though!!

I know I said it on facebook, but HOORAY for free dining! I know everyone says that free dining isn't always the best discount, but in my opinion it definitely is! Food is expensive on vacation, and it's AMAZING not to have to worry about it!

Free dining is typically the better deal when staying at a Value or Mod. Room discounts are the way to go when staying at a Deluxe. Of course I was comparing different discount scenarios in my head. Let's say we got a 20% off room discount...it would have saved around $200. Definately NOT as good as free dining!

I was so excited yesterday when they released the Free Dining offer! We book through DVC so we are not able to take advantage of it but I got a couple other people who are interested in it.

I'm hoping that the free dining will lure in some clients! I know most people don't like taking their kids out of school (doesn't bother me!), so I'm happy that it includes the end of August. Great time to go!

Woo hoo! I was NOT happy to see that email in my box from Disney Visa since we didn't plan to go this year!! I'm glad you are able to save so much, though!!

I didn't get that Disney Visa email until almost 7pm last night!

Yay for free dining! That means the general public should get it soon and our phones will be ringing off the hook. I can't believe they released it so early this year!

I have my ADRs planned out for the most part. I can't believe I can make them next month!! :woohoo:

Yay for free dining! That means the general public should get it soon and our phones will be ringing off the hook. I can't believe they released it so early this year!

I have my ADRs planned out for the most part. I can't believe I can make them next month!! :woohoo:

I am very surprised that they released it so early. When we had free dining in 2010, it didn't get released until late April/early May! I get to make ADR's in 20 days!!! :scared1:

Hooray for free dining! :cool1: With as much as my boys eat now, I think we'd give up Shades of Green in order to try free dining. Maybe next trip, whenever that is! :)

Hooray for free dining! :cool1: With as much as my boys eat now, I think we'd give up Shades of Green in order to try free dining. Maybe next trip, whenever that is! :)

Free dining is definately a HUGE savings for us! It put us pretty much right where we wanted to be budge wise too. :thumbsup2

Have you narrowed down any ADRs? I am starting to think of mine too :)

We won't have the dining plan but I do have TIW. I'm thinking we'll do 3 TS meals. I'm thinking about going back to Chef Mickey's for dinner. I'm sure Riley will love it and Brady loves watching the old videos of being there when he was little.
I'm also thinking about Hollywood and Vine lunch. We LOVED it last year and for my family Oso, Manny and Jake are big hits!
For my DH I want to book Raglan Road. We've had ADRs every year but have had to cancel all but 1 time. I know he really wants to go back!

Have you narrowed down any ADRs? I am starting to think of mine too :)

We won't have the dining plan but I do have TIW. I'm thinking we'll do 3 TS meals. I'm thinking about going back to Chef Mickey's for dinner. I'm sure Riley will love it and Brady loves watching the old videos of being there when he was little.
I'm also thinking about Hollywood and Vine lunch. We LOVED it last year and for my family Oso, Manny and Jake are big hits!
For my DH I want to book Raglan Road. We've had ADRs every year but have had to cancel all but 1 time. I know he really wants to go back!

I have a list of places that we'd like to eat at, but I'm having a very hard time planning everything out! Our ADR day is March 22nd, so I still have some time but it's stressing me out. I'll post our list probably later today or tomorrow.

I'm with you.
I am having the hardest time trying to figure out which dining reservations that I want to make.
There are more restaurants that I want to eat at than we have days for!

Congrats on Free Dining! So exciting! Are there any restaurants that are a must-do for you?

I hope to post our list later tonight!

I'm with you.
I am having the hardest time trying to figure out which dining reservations that I want to make.
There are more restaurants that I want to eat at than we have days for!

It's been super hard for me. Tony and Madison are set on certain places and I have a list a mile long of places I'd like to eat!

I have exactly 16 days until I can make ADR's and I think I finally figured everything out. Here's our list...I'll post new places in pink and places we've been before in purple:

Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Garden Grill (dinner)
50's Prime Time Cafe

Teppan Edo (dinner)
Yak & Yeti (lunch or dinner)
Raglan Road (dinner)

Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Boatwright's (dinner)
Cape May Cafe (breakfast)

Now, we only have 7 table service credits, but I listed 9 places. I'm not sure where we're going to eat on our first night. If we stay at AK for awhile, we'll eat at Yak & Yeti. If we decide to go to DTD that night, we'll go to Raglan Road. Finally, if we want to just relax at our resort that night, we'll walk over to Riverside to eat at Boatwright's. I still have a few weeks to decide, so....any opinions? We've never eaten at any of those places.

Tony and Madison really want to go to MNSSHP again, so I have to change up our plans a little bit. I'd like to go too, but it's a very late night for our little guy.

I have exactly 16 days until I can make ADR's and I think I finally figured everything out. Here's our list...I'll post new places in purple and places we've been before in pink:

Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Garden Grill (dinner)
50's Prime Time Cafe

Teppan Edo (dinner)
Yak & Yeti (lunch or dinner)
Raglan Road (dinner)

Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Boatwright's (dinner)
Cape May Cafe (breakfast)

Now, we only have 7 table service credits, but I listed 9 places. I'm not sure where we're going to eat on our first night. If we stay at AK for awhile, we'll eat at Yak & Yeti. If we decide to go to DTD that night, we'll go to Raglan Road. Finally, if we want to just relax at our resort that night, we'll walk over to Riverside to eat at Boatwright's. I still have a few weeks to decide, so....any opinions? We've never eaten at any of those places.

Tony and Madison really want to go to MNSSHP again, so I have to change up our plans a little bit. I'd like to go too, but it's a very late night for our little guy.

50s prime time is our favorite! we have gotten the fried chicken and the chicken pot pie almost every time,,,we all loooove the fried chicken!! It's more than one person can eat, so if you need to do a TS out-of-pocket, you and Madison could definitely split the meal here...
Chef Mickeys is ok, but for me it's just waaaaay too stimulating/loud. I personally feel amped up the entire time I am there, Cape May on the other hand is my favorite breakfast place!
I think everyone I have ever read about going to Boatwrights has liked it..I think maybe one time Shelly didnt,..or else she has loved it every time! Maybe ask her...or look at her TR...
i know you can't wait to get the ball rolling!!! And,--have you bought any of the new dresses at Old Navy yet? I thought about you today when I got the email!

Are you sure your colors aren't flipped? I could have sworn you did Chef Mickey's and Garden Grill on previous trips.
Crystal Palace breakfast is my fav dining ever! I just love an early breakfast there! Plus it's right by the baby care center so it's makes for a convienent quick change after breakfast!
I do love Garden Grill and we've done this the past 2 trips. However, with a baby in a highchair you will be seated in the inside loop, just an FYI. It's a little harder to get good pics with the characters on the inside IMO.
I do love breakfast buffets, and since you have FD that's great, but last time we did CM breakfast I felt is wasn't worth our money/time.
Love Raglan Rd and I know that Madison will love seeing the entertainment! I don't remember too much about the meal-I had a good shepards pie and I think DH had steak maybe? But the bread pudding is the best part of the whole place! (my DH would say the beer and whiskey!)
Honestly I would save your TS and go to POR for just their foodcourt. It is very good there!

50s prime time is our favorite! we have gotten the fried chicken and the chicken pot pie almost every time,,,we all loooove the fried chicken!! It's more than one person can eat, so if you need to do a TS out-of-pocket, you and Madison could definitely split the meal here...
Chef Mickeys is ok, but for me it's just waaaaay too stimulating/loud. I personally feel amped up the entire time I am there, Cape May on the other hand is my favorite breakfast place!
I think everyone I have ever read about going to Boatwrights has liked it..I think maybe one time Shelly didnt,..or else she has loved it every time! Maybe ask her...or look at her TR...
i know you can't wait to get the ball rolling!!! And,--have you bought any of the new dresses at Old Navy yet? I thought about you today when I got the email!

I totally flipped the colors!!! We've been to Chef Mickey's, 50's PTC, etc before. Can you tell I was a bit distracted when I posted that update?? I'll go back and fix it!

I did buy a dress the other day!!! :laughing:

Are you sure your colors aren't flipped? I could have sworn you did Chef Mickey's and Garden Grill on previous trips.
Crystal Palace breakfast is my fav dining ever! I just love an early breakfast there! Plus it's right by the baby care center so it's makes for a convienent quick change after breakfast!
I do love Garden Grill and we've done this the past 2 trips. However, with a baby in a highchair you will be seated in the inside loop, just an FYI. It's a little harder to get good pics with the characters on the inside IMO.
I do love breakfast buffets, and since you have FD that's great, but last time we did CM breakfast I felt is wasn't worth our money/time.
Love Raglan Rd and I know that Madison will love seeing the entertainment! I don't remember too much about the meal-I had a good shepards pie and I think DH had steak maybe? But the bread pudding is the best part of the whole place! (my DH would say the beer and whiskey!)
Honestly I would save your TS and go to POR for just their foodcourt. It is very good there!

I did flip my colors. :headache: We just adore Chef Mickey's and we've been there for breakfast our last 2 trips. It's the exact same buffet as Cape May and Crystal Palace (in my mind), but we just love the characters there. The noise level never bothers me.

Last time we ate at Garden Grill I think we were in the inside loop (up a few stairs?). Our pictures turned out good, but it was just Madison so it was quite easy to get a picture. :goodvibes

I know Madison would love the Irish dancers at Raglan Road. I've seen pics of other families from our school where their kids got to dance with the dancers there!

Dinner the first night just depends on what we want to do that day. I guess I need to decide soon! AH!

I was wondering! I thought--haven't we discussed this before? Oh well, must have been someone else!,that's hilarious!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter