• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebrating my big 4-0 with the Big Cheese - Update 11/13, page 19

Hurrah! The secret is out and "we" are in countdown mode! The boys look excited with their links.

I can't wait to hear about what yummy goodness you have planned for your TWO WEEKS in WDW! :)

I can't wait to hear about what yummy goodness you have planned for your TWO WEEKS in WDW! :)

Every time I hear that it just sounds better and better! :dance3:
Disney food is always a good topic of conversation. :)

The countdown chain picture is cute. They look very happy! :thumbsup2

Checking in as a new friend.:thumbsup2 I got to spend my 40th at Disneyland last year. It was great but very packed as it happened to be president's day. :rolleyes:
I hope to make it back to the World again in less than a years time. ;)

Yayyyy the reveal! I love the countdown chain :)

Can't wait for Disney food talk...I do :lovestruc me some Disney food!

I love love love the reveal to the boys! How fun! I can imagine their happy faces even if the camera wouldn't cooperate! :) And I love the idea of taking links out of the chain! Very cool! I'm certainly excited to hear about the food! :) Not long now and you'll be out there eating it! Oh heavens I am so jealous....

Loved how you surprised the boys! I'm glad they were as excited as you - can't wait to read all about the trip :)

Wow! How did I miss this????? I am so glad things worked out for you for a June trip! 15 days! :woohoo: Seriously - that is one long trip. I have to go back and see where you are staying. Did you say? And the free dining pin, too? That is excellent.

I am sure the boys must be super excited and June 7th is not that far away now. Happy packing!

Looking forward to hearing about your wonderful ADRs!

Hurrah! The secret is out and "we" are in countdown mode! The boys look excited with their links.

I'm glad I didn't have to keep the secret until June! The boys are so excited and love talking about it, watching the planning DVD and looking at the maps (thanks again for those! :flower3:)

Every time I hear that it just sounds better and better! :dance3:
Disney food is always a good topic of conversation. :)

The countdown chain picture is cute. They look very happy! :thumbsup2

Oh Disney food...how I love to think of thee! I think our ADR's are set but I still find myself looking and searching for some I can't get :rolleyes:

Checking in as a new friend.:thumbsup2 I got to spend my 40th at Disneyland last year. It was great but very packed as it happened to be president's day. :rolleyes:
I hope to make it back to the World again in less than a years time. ;)

:welcome: new friend!! I have never been to Disneyland, someday I hope to make it there! It's hard not knowing when you will make it back again, hope you manage to make plans soon!

Yayyyy the reveal! I love the countdown chain :)

Can't wait for Disney food talk...I do :lovestruc me some Disney food!

It was fun to watch them put the puzzle together and their reaction was priceless...Daniel just jumped up and down :yay: and Patrick stood there with his mouth hanging open

I love love love the reveal to the boys! How fun! I can imagine their happy faces even if the camera wouldn't cooperate! :) And I love the idea of taking links out of the chain! Very cool! I'm certainly excited to hear about the food! :) Not long now and you'll be out there eating it! Oh heavens I am so jealous....

the boys are holding on to the chain links with the intention of using them as bookmarks, I may have to snag a couple myself!

Cute countdown chain and cute boys! ;)

I'm ready to talk food!

Me too...hmm, I wonder how quickly I can put that update together :scratchin

Loved how you surprised the boys! I'm glad they were as excited as you - can't wait to read all about the trip :)

We talked about putting the puzzle pieces in easter eggs and hiding them as a part of their hunt but Greg wanted them to earn them. It was kind of fun to listen to them try to guess the surprise based on the letters they could figure out :laughing:

Wow! How did I miss this????? I am so glad things worked out for you for a June trip! 15 days! :woohoo: Seriously - that is one long trip. I have to go back and see where you are staying. Did you say? And the free dining pin, too? That is excellent.

I am sure the boys must be super excited and June 7th is not that far away now. Happy packing!

Looking forward to hearing about your wonderful ADRs!

Hmm, let's see...I believe someone was off having a good time when this started! Are you girls going to have a TR? I can believe perhaps your memory is slightly impared (Tracy's FB updates certainly had a common theme!) but I have no doubt there are plenty of pictures we can see to piece together the story! :lmao:

What a great reveal!! I love the SW puzzle how creative!!!! I need to write down these ideas for the future!!! LOVE IT!!!

WOW your chain looks awesome! I'm sure the boys are having a great time taking a piece down everyday!! Especially with school almost being done!!!

Girls' Trip TR The link to our TR for the East Meets West Girls Only Trip

What a great reveal!! I love the SW puzzle how creative!!!! I need to write down these ideas for the future!!! LOVE IT!!!

WOW your chain looks awesome! I'm sure the boys are having a great time taking a piece down everyday!! Especially with school almost being done!!!

Girls' Trip TR The link to our TR for the East Meets West Girls Only Trip

After I wrote that message to MEK, I decided to go back and look in her siggie and found the link...I'm in, no way I would miss the stories from this zany crew!!

Great reveal!
And 15 days in Disney sounds just perfect. :cloud9:

Hi Jennifer! Glad you have you along!!

So somehow I managed to overlook the WHERE in my first post! (and it only took comments from 3 of you for me to catch on that you weren't poor readers...it's actually not there :sad2:)

Sorry about that!

We talked about various options like POFQ, CB (thinking the boys would love a pirate room!) and possibly a split stay to rent points for BCV (oh how lovely SAB sounds in June!)

In the end, Free Dining was the deciding factor! The summer dining offer was for the QS plan at both value and moderate resorts so really we didn't see any advantage to paying for a moderate. We also weren't going to give up free dining in order to move for a split stay (and once our trip turned into 15 nights, we added the WPF&M so SAB can wait for another trip)

Our choice was for the value resort we have heard the best things about and one the boys have seen pictures of and fell in love with...

246743617.jpg

POP Century!! When the boys read the message on the puzzle, Patrick's first question was "we're going THIS summer?" and second was "are we staying at POP Century?" We are hoping for a room in the 50's section but I would be happy in the 60's too. I want a lakeview room and Greg and the kids hope for a poolview...we'll see who wins

Be still, my heart!!! :love:
I hope you love it there! :hippie:

Just keep in mind it is not a moderate or a deluxe or a DVC. If you acknowledge that going in, you will be fine. I think you'll like the food court and the shopping.

Only 3 weeks to go til your trip!! :yay: I'm so excited about the "two weeks" aspect that I didn't even notice you hadn't told us where you were staying! :rotfl:

I adore POP Century!!! I am really really looking forward to the Animator's Studios when it opens up!! You guys will have a great time there!!! The food court is a lot of fun and has a lot of options!!!! I love the pools and decor!!!

YAY

AHH Pop Century! :yay: Like MeMom and Jill, that is our Disney "home." As MeMom said, it's definitely not a DVC, moderate, or deluxe resort, but it's a really cute, fun atmosphere. They also play all sorts of fun music on the grounds, and on the bus, and they do the Hustle in the food court every evening at around the same time, I think. I'm so excited for you!

You MUST have a lake view! It is essential. It's like a quiet little oasis back there. I love the 50's, although I had a very nice room in the 70's overlooking the lake and that was quite nice too.

YEah for free dining and POP century!

Be still, my heart!!! :love:
I hope you love it there! :hippie:

Just keep in mind it is not a moderate or a deluxe or a DVC. If you acknowledge that going in, you will be fine. I think you'll like the food court and the shopping.

Honestly, my requirements for a hotel are pretty minimal...clean and well maintained which I think I can count on at any Disney hotel. I do love the idea that the rooms are all recently refurbed. We just figured our time would be mostly spent away from the resort so why pay more than we need to :confused3 I talked with my brother this weekend (who has stayed at POP twice) and he was excited to hear that's where we are staying

Only 3 weeks to go til your trip!! :yay: I'm so excited about the "two weeks" aspect that I didn't even notice you hadn't told us where you were staying! :rotfl:

3 weeks from this moment we will be somewhere over eastern Iowa on our way :cool1: Funny how when I tell Disers I am going for 2 weeks, they think it's awesome, when I tell non-Disers, they think I'm nuts :sad2: I told someone the other day and they said "so you are doing Orlando for 2 weeks right?" "Nope, just Disney"

I adore POP Century!!! I am really really looking forward to the Animator's Studios when it opens up!! You guys will have a great time there!!! The food court is a lot of fun and has a lot of options!!!! I love the pools and decor!!!

YAY

My brother is planning their next vacation (this weekend was the 600 day mark :rotfl:) and we were comparing POP with the new resort to figure out which would be better for their family now that they are a family of 5.

I can't wait to get there and get me a drink and sit by the hippy dippy pool. I will know we have arrrived then!

AHH Pop Century! :yay: Like MeMom and Jill, that is our Disney "home." As MeMom said, it's definitely not a DVC, moderate, or deluxe resort, but it's a really cute, fun atmosphere. They also play all sorts of fun music on the grounds, and on the bus, and they do the Hustle in the food court every evening at around the same time, I think. I'm so excited for you!

I don't know how to do the hustle, I might have to learn! (Greg knew once upon a time but he doesn't dance now :rolleyes1) I have no doubt the kids will just love POP! Even if POP isn't my first choice, that goes a long way!

You MUST have a lake view! It is essential. It's like a quiet little oasis back there. I love the 50's, although I had a very nice room in the 70's overlooking the lake and that was quite nice too.

YEah for free dining and POP century!

I really do hope for a lakeview room. I think that would be the one thing that will help my enjoyment. The values haven't always appealed to me because of their theming (I prefer to come back from the parks to a calm, relaxed environment so I have really enjoyed my stays at OKW and CSR)

The 50's is the boys choice, they love the bowling pin pool! I also put the 60's on my request but they think it's a bit too "girly" :lmao:

I don't know how to do the hustle, I might have to learn! (Greg knew once upon a time but he doesn't dance now :rolleyes1) I have no doubt the kids will just love POP! Even if POP isn't my first choice, that goes a long way!

I actually think that the CM's hold a sign with pictures detailing the steps! My dad wanted me to get up there and do it with them and every time I said I didn't know how, he pointed out that they had the sign :laughing:

We haven't stayed in the 50's, but we have stayed in the 80's, and the 70's twice. I love seeing all the different years and their different themes!

Yay for free dining....now on to the dining feature please!! You will have my rapt attention!! :laughing:
Two weeks of fun, fun, fun!!! I bet your boys can't wait! And you too!! :goodvibes

Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter