Celebrating A 5th Birthday with Mickey & Rain,May 2009! Completed..

I could use some help from you all picking which Itineray sounds better or more relaxing. I have the worst time making up my mind and if ADR's need to be moved or changed better to do that sooner. I asked my DH and he is not much help. The only problem with plan A is that those are not the better Park days as far as crowds. I will get to do a DIS Meet at Epcot and the kids don't have to wait a whole other day to see Mickey and go to a park.

Plan B were my original Plans but then the first day is a waterpark and HDD for dinner. As far as best park days this schedule fits into that 100%.

Please vote for which set of plans you would choose for your family. Thanks

Disney Plans May 2009
Plan A
Saturday :Fly out of BNA to MCO, Magical Express to ASMU (maybe Pop??)

Sunday :
Check into Saratoga Springs by 8am.
Epcot by 9 AM for rope drop, Future World most of morning
DIS Meet at 3 PM in France
Dinner at Le Cellier 4:10 PM
Leave to go back to resort after dinner to get settled in the room.

Monday :
Holly wood studios for Rope Drop
Lunch at Sci Fi Dine Inn at 12:10 PM

Break at hotel then Magic Kingdom around 6 PM. CS dinner
Watch Spectromagic this time!!!

Tuesday :
Waterpark Blizzard beach
CS lunch

Hoop Dee Doo Revue at FW at 7:15,

Wednesday:
Thomas Bday, Magic Kingdom
CS lunch at Columbia Harbour House.

Chef Mickeys is at 5:25 PM
Back to MK at 7 PM stay until Wishes at 9PM if we are not tired

Thursday:
Animal Kingdom for 8 AM breakfast at Tusker house. Stay u back to resort for lunch & Swim
Epcot around 4PM stay for Illuminations or Spectromagic at MK if we didn’t go Monday.

Disney Plans: Plan B

Saturday:
arrive at ASMu or Pop, for the night

Sunday :
breakfast and then check in at Saratoga around 8 or 9 AM??
Waterpark Blizzard Beach from 10-2
Hopefully room is ready after, unpack and settle in

Dinner at
Hoop Dee Doo arrive at FW by 7PM

Monday :
Epcot, very low crowds since weekend is over. Rated good on certain Website!!

Morning in Future World
After lunch in World Showcase.

Dinner at Le Cellier at 5:50 PM
Stay for Illuminations 9 PM maybe?

Tuesday May 19th
: Hollywood studios arrive for Rope Drop. Lunch at Sci Fi at 11:45

Stay until after Parade.

Magic Kingdom around 6 PM for a few rides, maybe Wishes
Mk is Also a good park for this evening

[FONT=&quot]Wednesday: Thomas’ Birthday!!! Magic Kingdom !
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] best day for MK!

[/FONT]
Lunch at Columbia Harbor House

Chef Mickeys’ 5:00 for Bday dinner

back to MK after dinner?? 7 PM or back to resort for rest

Thursday :
Animal Kingdom breakfast at 8:00 AM for character Breakfast.

Lunch at resort/ swim

PM

[FONT=&quot]Magic Kingdom Spectromagic!! Park closes at 10 PM with Wishes[/FONT].

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

personally i'd go with plan B simply because i would want a less stressful day for check in. I'd hate to move from Pop to Saratoga Springs, then rush to Epcot, and not be able to get the room "settled" until that evening when everyone is tired and grumpy.

Hi there! I just noticed your PTR. We're going to be at WDW during the same time. Looks like your plan A and my plan have a lot in common so in my very biased opinion Plan A looks good...:goodvibes

We are flying out of BNA saturday morning and having dinner at Le Cellier on Sunday. I just wish return flights would come down to the outbound flight price so I can book.

personally i'd go with plan B simply because i would want a less stressful day for check in. I'd hate to move from Pop to Saratoga Springs, then rush to Epcot, and not be able to get the room "settled" until that evening when everyone is tired and grumpy.

That is what I thought too, but I really want to make the DIS Meet and also would have to rebook Hoop Dee Doo again . I do agree 100 5 with you though about the room. If I do go with Plan B I might even be able to get over to Poly for breakfast :idea:. Tommy of course likes Plan A better :headache:.

Hi there! I just noticed your PTR. We're going to be at WDW during the same time. Looks like your plan A and my plan have a lot in common so in my very biased opinion Plan A looks good...:goodvibes

We are flying out of BNA saturday morning and having dinner at Le Cellier on Sunday. I just wish return flights would come down to the outbound flight price so I can book.

:cool1: that you will be there the same time as us. We are also going to fly out on Saturday. Not sure which time yet as I have to discuss with DH which will work best with work schedule. Looks like 4:40 or 1:40 PM for us. Too bad we can't have and airport DIS meet. What time does your flight leave? Are you going to the 3 PM meet at Epcot?? Yes the return flight is not cheap yet, another reason I'm still waiting to book. Our Le Cellier ressie is 4:10 on Sunday, what time is yours?

So far 1vote for plan and 1 Plan B. thanks :goodvibes

that's because he doesn't have to do the unpacking and organizing of the room! :headache:

:goodvibesThat is true! He only unpacks his stuff. Now I'm thinking maybe I should just book Saratoga for another night, either on cash or rent more points.

I like Plan B, only because personally I would want a low key day when I am changing resorts. But I also love your idea of booking another night at Saratoga because that would eliminate the need to switch and you could go with A and make the Dismeet!

Hey Nichole! I would say that you are pretty much a pro at touring the parks so I really don't think the crowds would affect you guys that much:thumbsup2 If the Dis meet is something you REALLY want to do, then I would go with plan A but if you think you are the only one that would be into the meet then maybe your original plans would be better! Plan B seems more relaxing though!:goodvibes

OMG Nichole you started a PTR!! I was just thinking of you today and noticing I haven't 'seen' you lately and here you are planning away! :)

We are going back in just 2 weeks! Only for a short trip though as we already have Nov booked. I've just been so cold and tired of winter so we're taking a Florida break!

Can't wait to read about your plans!

I like Plan B, only because personally I would want a low key day when I am changing resorts. But I also love your idea of booking another night at Saratoga because that would eliminate the need to switch and you could go with A and make the Dismeet!

if it will be Plan A then I have to consider staying at SSR for the first night too. It would be worth the extra $$ to make the trip easier.

Hey Nichole! I would say that you are pretty much a pro at touring the parks so I really don't think the crowds would affect you guys that much:thumbsup2 If the Dis meet is something you REALLY want to do, then I would go with plan A but if you think you are the only one that would be into the meet then maybe your original plans would be better! Plan B seems more relaxing though!:goodvibes

I do okay at touring, it's the family that side tracks me alot with wanting more breaks :laughing:. I'm sure I'm the only one whp really wants to do the Dis Meet. Tom is game for it but the kids at used to breaks at that time of day. It sounds too fun to meet up with some other DIssers for a bit. Plan B is the easier one though.

OMG Nichole you started a PTR!! I was just thinking of you today and noticing I haven't 'seen' you lately and here you are planning away! :)

We are going back in just 2 weeks! Only for a short trip though as we already have Nov booked. I've just been so cold and tired of winter so we're taking a Florida break!

Can't wait to read about your plans!

Hi there :)
Glad to see you back on here. You have just 2 weeks :banana: that is great. It will be nice to get out of the cold even for a short trip. Are you writing a trippie?

Were up to 1 vote for A and 3 for B! Thanks still not decided.

It would be cool to have an airport DIS meet. We are planning on one of the early morning flights. We live about 1 hour north of BNA. We would like to take the 8:35 but it may be the 6:30 just for the price factor. We are planning on attending the DIS meet. Our ressie at Le Cellier is for 5:45. I have a flight credit that expires on 2/24 so I better get something done. Hopefully they will let me use it for a May flight :confused3

Hey Nichole, just noticed the link to this in your sig.

I vote for Plan A as I am looking forward to meeting you at the Dis meet. :thumbsup2

It would be cool to have an airport DIS meet. We are planning on one of the early morning flights. We live about 1 hour north of BNA. We would like to take the 8:35 but it may be the 6:30 just for the price factor. We are planning on attending the DIS meet. Our ressie at Le Cellier is for 5:45. I have a flight credit that expires on 2/24 so I better get something done. Hopefully they will let me use it for a May flight :confused3

The earliest we will be flying out will 11:40 but most likely the last flight of the day :sad2:. not sure about the credit since I have one that had to used by February also and it wouldn't let me book a May flight. Let me know though, maybe if I call they will let me use it :confused3. That would certainly save a lot more $$$.

I like B the best. (But both are good!) :thumbsup2

Thanks Tammy, I too favor B for the fact that those are according to the best park days and it will be easier for touring and making sure we get stuff done. I can't tolerate crowds. But I my kids will get to see Mickey a day sooner and I can go to the DIS Meet.

Hey Nichole, just noticed the link to this in your sig.

I vote for Plan A as I am looking forward to meeting you at the Dis meet. :thumbsup2

I have to get DH to fix my link today :). I'm looking forward to meeting you too. I'm probably not going to go to R & C though since we have a 4:00 ressie for Le Cellier. Thomas was very antsy about and hour inot that meal last time. I might have to let them run around in the maze or something before we go to dinner.

4 votes for plan A and 3 votes for Plan B.

A friend of mine that flies SWA a lot told me that if you call they will extend the credit for $50. That's still a lot cheaper than a roundtrip flight so I'm going to give it a go. I will let you know how it works out.

Dining Reservations

Dinner @ Le Cellier in Canada

Lunch @ Sci- Fi Dine Inn

Hoop Dee Doo Revue dinner Show

Chef Mickey's (yes I'm going back there :sick:)

Tusker House Character Breakfast

We are doing the regular Disney Dining Plan. I was not kind of torn between Hoop Dee Doo and going back to California Grill. Hoop is supposed to fun so that is why I picked that. When I look at You Tube videos of it though :confused3 it looks kind of lame to me. Am I missing something?

A friend of mine that flies SWA a lot told me that if you call they will extend the credit for $50. That's still a lot cheaper than a roundtrip flight so I'm going to give it a go. I will let you know how it works out.

Thank you for telling me!! Mine expires on the 28th. I have to call and see. let me know how it goes, worth it for $50.

Well. my vote is probably plan B - sees a litle less "rushed"....I am sure you will work it out either way :)

Well. my vote is probably plan B - sees a litle less "rushed"....I am sure you will work it out either way :)

Thanks Cathy,
See that is what I think too. It seems less hurried and according to Unofficial guide and TGM those are ideal parks to boot. Otherwise it wouldn't matter at all to me, I would just be thrilled to be able to go to the DIS Meet. But if I don't go then :confused3 I'm sure I will regret it! This is so hard, I have to go think about this itinerary stuff so more.

5 Votes for Plan B 3 votes for Plan A

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter