CCVC studio availability

MuleDog

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are still trying to make up our minds on what property to buy... to that point, I was wondering if anybody has any idea re studio availability at CCVC at 7 mos in June July and August?

It's hard to gauge that with the limited data we have. Any summer months seen for booking at 7 months was before the resort was sold out or fully declared. This could show that availability was easier or even harder than it really was at the 7 or 11 month mark (depending at the point in time you look at availability). In a year or two the true implications of booking at the resort will be realized. Once people burn through the 2 years worth of points they are getting off the bat of buying and people settle into the times they wish to travel. The patterns are too influx right now.

For instance the last declaration created availability across the resort for all bookable times so if you looked at that time it appears availability was good. Though prior to that declaration those days were all sold out many within the 11 month window. On the flip side that shows that DVC withheld a significant amount of studios in the undeclared inventory and unable to book by points.

The one thing for sure though is availability has been tight at 11 months during most of the year (though I have only been watching Fall 2019 forward for 11 month window). My guess is 11 month window is easier to book during the summer months but I would guess it be tight at 7 months.

I checked today at 8:03 am eastern for studios. They were all ready gone for 5/05/2020 (11 months).

Looking at the studio available for the current 11 month to 7 month window is pretty bleak. Jan-May is pretty much sold out with the exception a few few times. I see only 2 weeks from Jan to May that have studio availability for 5 consecutive days or more.

Maybe summer is easier, but like others have said, I don't think I'd buy in without seeing another year or two's worth of data or you'd be okay with 1BRS

Thanks all for the information. I think if doing studio staying away from owning at CCVC makes sense for now.

We bought CCV. Big mistake. Tried getting a studio and/or a 2BR lock off for Dec for just 2 nights going online at 8am for like 2 weeks and no go. Don't do it. Plus just realized the 3BR GV are way over the top points per night much like BLT and VGF and not like SSR or even BWV. Plus the cabins are outrageous. AND they made my beloved signature, AP, into a character meal. We regret buying there. (we also, one stay, enjoyed the club pay per night at Reunion Station and they bagged that too)

It's crazy to me that CCV has such low availability for studios, especially since it has more studios than BRV. What's the cause for this? Are there too many small contracts that are chasing studios and don't have the points to book bigger units?

It's crazy to me that CCV has such low availability for studios, especially since it has more studios than BRV. What's the cause for this? Are there too many small contracts that are chasing studios and don't have the points to book bigger units?
It's believed to be the points sold against the cabins. Even splitting the lockoffs to studios and 1 beds, which is likely happening, it leaves about 900k points (out of the 3.3 million sold) that would have to book into the cabin if CCV points were used at CCV each year for each Use Day.

People seem to believe that DVC will reallocate points from the cabins to the smaller units, which if true a lake view BLT point chart could be expected (putting the cabins at a fair price) or a standard view VGF point chart (but this would put the cabins cheaper than the treehouses at SSR and almost the same price of a 1 bed if this scenario happened). Though I find the reallocation of points unlikely to happen at a large scale for a number of reasons: most of which it would decrease the rooms entering breakage and seriously hurt the cash amount Disney can charge for these units.

I will add that the cabin and bungalow points are the same strain to PVB and CCV. So it is odd that CCV is having as big an issue with booking (when compared to PVB). CCV has the 1 beds and 2 beds but 2 beds seem to book just as quickly so those likely aren't a factor in the difference and the 1 bed proportion isn't much different than any other resort which seems fine for booking.

Last edited:
yes they sold too many small contracts. If someone comes in and says they want to stay in those cabins they shouldn't be selling them 100 points IMO. They should have cabin points seperate from all the other points. This is when points hurt vs weeks. I love the flexibility of points but you aren't getting a week in a cabin for 100 points! The other timeshare we own (Vegas) we had to buy in based on size of unit. So we bought 1 week in a 1 bedroom for every other year. IF you want a bigger unit you pay for a bigger unit.

I will add that the cabin and bungalow points are the same strain to PVB and CCV. So it is odd that CCV is having as big an issue with booking (when compared to PVB). CCV has the 1 beds and 2 beds but 2 beds seem to book just as quickly so those likely aren't a factor in the difference and the 1 bed proportion isn't much different than any other resort which seems fine for booking.

A good part of the difference has to be that PVB has over 4x the number of studios compared to CCV and it has fewer bungalows and no GV's. In essence it's only 2/3rd the number of Bungalows to Cabins/GV's. CCV studios require fewer points than PVB studios too. I haven't done the math to see about the point allocation splits as the Bungalows require more points compared to CCV Cabins/GV's. There's a decent possibility that more PVB owners bought without really understanding about the studios only and maybe trade out for 1 and 2BR's elsewhere. so the home booking window isn't used by some.

Perhaps it will ease up a little as owners have stayed at their home resort and then start trying out other resorts. Of course it may not.

Perhaps it will ease up a little as owners have stayed at their home resort and then start trying out other resorts. Of course it may not.
My concern is that we will meet with gridlocked at 7 months as more and more owners book their home resorts in the 11-7 month window just to guarantee a place to stay. When the 7-month window opens, no one will be able to change resorts because nothing opens up.

It's believed to be the points sold against the cabins. Even splitting the lockoffs to studios and 1 beds, which is likely happening, it leaves about 900k points (out of the 3.3 million sold) that would have to book into the cabin if CCV points were used at CCV each year for each Use Day.

BRV was also one of the originals, and back in the day, buy-in was 230 points minimum (or so - I know BWV was 230, and AKV was 160, so in between was somewhere in that range). Even with contracts sold later, there are just so many fewer "buy 75 points hoping to bank and borrow to a studio every other December" contracts.

BRV was also one of the originals, and back in the day, buy-in was 230 points minimum (or so - I know BWV was 230, and AKV was 160, so in between was somewhere in that range). Even with contracts sold later, there are just so many fewer "buy 75 points hoping to bank and borrow to a studio every other December" contracts.

According to info in the resource center the minimum was decreased to 150 points in 1995 (I had thought it was later than that too). That continued until AKV went on sale in 2007 when it was increased up to 160 for awhile. Splitting of contracts wasn't really done then so it seems when people purchased it was a single sized contract for the size villa they planned to book. Following what you say it's not common to see contracts less than 150 points for BRV resale and it's a resort you're more likely to see 200, 250, 350 points or frequently larger.

According to info in the resource center the minimum was decreased to 150 points in 1995 (I had thought it was later than that too). That continued until AKV went on sale in 2007 when it was increased up to 160 for awhile. Splitting of contracts wasn't really done then so it seems when people purchased it was a single sized contract for the size villa they planned to book. Following what you say it's not common to see contracts less than 150 points for BRV resale and it's a resort you're more likely to see 200, 250, 350 points or frequently larger.

Excellent history. The larger contracts are definitely something I've noticed, which is why I was assuming somewhere between OKW and AKV. While the last few years have put smaller in the mix, they're simply not common as they are with CCV. CCV sold a LOT of small contracts, and I swear it seems they all want to bank and borrow for December bookings. Even without the cabin points, I think that would create pressures through much of fall, but with the cabins, we're seeing weird shifts all year.

Is there any data that shows the number of owners per resort? I'd love to use those figures to figure out the average contract size per owner is. With prices skyrocketing and lower buy in allowed for recent resorts, it has to be a huge shift lower from older resorts to new resorts. When the min buyin was closer to 160, it meant that a members had more options on how to use their points...so demand was more spread out. Now, CCV seems to be so saturated with contracts only really built for studio stays.

It's one thing to have a tough time getting a low inventory standard view studio (which i deal with at BWV or BLT). But if I was having trouble getting ANY studio for large stretches I would be unloading my contracts.

Disney provides the "DVC Reservation Component" for each resort in their annual condo notice. It is my understanding that it is the total number of contracts outstanding for the resort. You can also find the number of contracts sold by DVD on the Orange County website.

The DVC Multi-site POS includes the number of Club Members for each resort. That does not seem to be updated regularly- last I saw was from 2017.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter