CBR internal bus?

kpadalik

DIS Veteran
Is there an internal bus system at CBR? We have a large group (10 rooms) going at the end of September and I wanted to let everyone know what they could expect. If there isn't an internal bus system...how is the walking distance between the villages and Old Port Royale? Is it a super long walk?

Also, which area of the Disney is this resort in: Epcot, Downtown Disney, etc?

Yes, there is an internal bus at CBR. Although, in my opinion only, it didn't seem to be all that frequently that I saw it. The distance btwn the villages and OPR really depends on where you stay and when you are going to be there. What I mean by that is when we where there in August it was so hot that the walk seemed to be quite a distance in the heat but if it were cooler it wouldn't have mattered as much to me. The closest villages are Martinque and Trinidad North. Which I have stayed at both and loved both of them. The resort itself it themed so well that when you are walking it is enjoyable.

Have a good time.:banana:

Is there an internal bus system at CBR? We have a large group (10 rooms) going at the end of September and I wanted to let everyone know what they could expect. If there isn't an internal bus system...how is the walking distance between the villages and Old Port Royale? Is it a super long walk?

Also, which area of the Disney is this resort in: Epcot, Downtown Disney, etc?

Yes, there is an internal shuttle. The closest building to Old Port Royale is Martinique. We just returned from 8 days in Martinique Bldg 25 which was very convenient to Old Port and the Main Pool. The walk and distances depends on which village you stay at. This is a HUGE resort.

CBR is close to Epcot.

Yes, there is an internal bus. But we've never used it. The longest walk to OPR is from Trinidad South, and it took us only 7 minutes to walk it. No big deal. And those are the pirate rooms, so unless you booked those, you will be closer to OPR.

We have never found the walks to be very long at all. Both times we have stayed in a standard room location it has been a less than 5 minute walk to get to anything.

Some of the buses start in Martinique, go clockwise around the resort, with Barbados being the last stop before the bus leaves the resort.

Some buses start in Jamaica, go clockwise around the resort, with Trinidad South being the last stop before the bus leaves the resort.

So whichever stop you are closest to, you are never always going to be the first or the last stop. If you do happen to get on at the very first stop, it only takes about 8 minutes to make the rest of the stops (some are very close together - like 30 seconds apart).

Once the bus leaves the resort it is 3 minutes to DHS, 5 to Epcot, 9 to DTD, and 11 to MK and AK.

CBR is in the "Epcot area".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter