CBR -do not stay here

ktnryansmom

Mouseketeer
Day 2 of disaster. Locked out of our room because the battery in the door sensor is dead. We were told we had to wait here for them to fix it. Getting a run around for 3.5 hours and been stuck here

So pissed

Day 2 of disaster. Locked out of our room because the battery in the door sensor is dead. We were told we had to wait here for them to fix it. Getting a run around for 3.5 hours and been stuck here

So pissed

Time for you to march yourself to the front desk and speak with a manager. If there are more people in your party, leave them at the room and you go to the front desk.

Sorry, that really sucks. We had it happen at POFQ, but it only took about 20 mins for the on-site maintenance guy to get there and it was fixed within 5 mins.

Agree with ManyMinnie calling gets you nowhere. Head over to the Concierge desk at OPR and ask to speak to the General Manager. Unless there's been a change her name is Mary Hoppe and has been very helpful in the past. They need to make this right.

Don't call -- you just get the call center. Take the kids and go to the front desk. 3.5 hours is way too long to have to wait. They need to take care of you now.

So sorry you are having such a tough time this trip. :guilty:

So pissed

Seriously?!?! You can not get into your room cuz the battery in the door sensor is dead?!?! Wow... Guess they forgot to factor in another 'what if' :scared:

And please go to the front desk and deal with the manager in person. Good luck!!!

We had the same issue at Beach club last year.

Have you really been standing in the hallway for over three hours? I would have lost it a long time ago and went to froint desk.

Happened to us at AKL. Just go to the front desk. They actually had someone walk us back to our room and do it right then. No wait at all.

You aren't calling CBR which is what is taking so long.

So you've been standing in the hallway for 3.5 hours, but won't take the few minutes to go down to the front desk?

Go to the desk.

I seriously would NOT stand and wait 3.5 hours for a door lock to be fixed. You could have already taken an internal bus to the Custom House and had a talk with the manager. As others have said, you aren't calling the front desk when you call, you're calling a call center.

They let us in and told us to wait until they fixed it.
Lauren a manager was very nice (after dealing with 4 others) and promised to take care of it. She comped our room and offered us a taxi to MK so we would make our dinner reservation at BOG.
Fingers crossed we aren't locked out when we return tonight

Lauren a manager was very nice (after dealing with 4 others) and promised to take care of it. She comped our room and offered us a taxi to MK so we would make our dinner reservation at BOG.

Glad to hear that they are trying to make things right with you. I hope it works when you get back tonight. :)

It's me and my little kids I can't really leave them but trust me their phone has been ringing off the hook from me and my travel agent too...

So others know, the phone that has been ringing off the hook is in a call center and probably isn't even in Florida.

For future information for others, you have to GO to the front desk to get to a front desk person. The call center people can fill out a form or make a call (not sure which) to have someone AT the hotel call you, but those requests can get lost, can get filled out incorrectly so the people at the front desk don't understand the urgency, etc.

You have to physically go to the front desk to KNOW that you are talking to someone actually at the resort.

Sounds like they did pretty good by you.

But if we're saying "don't stay at xyz because this happened with the door sensor", then don't stay at Kidani*, because when we closed our door the sensor cover *fell off*.

And the day before that when we checked in, when we got all the way to our door our keycards didn't work. And we had to go allll the way back.

They went on the cheap for those door sensors, and at some point they are going to start regretting it....

*that's not really how I feel...there are other reasons to not stay at Kidani, but the sensor cover falling off isn't one of them, LOL...and actually others can stay there all they want, but we're done with AKL now.

Those door sensors can be problematic at any hotel in the world that has them (which is most!). I wouldn't blame CBR.

Also, going to the front desk at CBR is not that easy as it is a bus ride away from the rooms

I'm sorry, it sounds like you are on a disaster of a trip! Try to make the best of things, and realize that thousands upon thousands of people have stayed at CBR and not had the problems you are having. Sometimes the Universe just decides to push your buttons.

It could be worse. Like my trip last year where we checked in at CSR and had the perfect room--and then my sister was in the hospital 10 hours later. Trust me, I would have traded that for a broken sensor in a flash!

Also, going to the front desk at CBR is not that easy as it is a bus ride away from the rooms

No matter what section you are in, you are way closer than 3 1/2 hours away! I agree you it can be a hike, but much better that then wasting time waiting for them to come.

nkereina said:
Those door sensors can be problematic at any hotel in the world that has them (which is most!). I wouldn't blame CBR.

Ditto. And the technology is not cheap either. We are changing over our doors in 111 buildings where I work and the work is expensive and tedious. You will miss issues along the way and work out the bugs. It happens everywhere.

they comp'd your room :faint: ? i'm shocked, congrats

are you the same person who posted regarding being unhappy with their room recently?

just wondering since we have our 1st stay booked at the resort in June and other than some unfortunate 'musty smelling room' comments all seemed well in the reviews. will have to keep an eye on the reviews.

yep, i shuddered when i 1st heard they were installing them, then the news about the park braclets:bitelip:. Always issues in (hopefully) ironing out bugs in new technology.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter