CBR Bad reviews

Not nearly as spread out as CBR. If they got rid of the entire Pirates section it would be more comparable to the other resorts.

Many people prefer the one stop. You get to the parks quicker. No travelling around the resort doing multiple stops, hoping the bus doesn’t pass you by because it’s full. That’s the worst.
Or is it worse to stand in a long line at AoA or POP only to have the bus close the doors and be full about 5 people in front of you? Had that happen. After walking up from the furthest point from the bus stops, naturally.

When I'm at CBR, POR or CSR and it could be a concern and we aren't at a stop early in the route we can walk to one that is and always get on, though I've never been on one that past by all late stops anywhere but SSR. That resort was awful. I truly was miserable staying at that resort. It's the only time I sat down and just cried when I arrived in a room. It was the worse ever. We did at least manage to find the early pick up in the bus route

How is CBR more spread out than CSR? Or even POR? or Pop. Or AoA. I've often wondered that when I hear that as a negative comment on CBR, which I see often.
I mean, yes, it is. But aren't those resorts also quite spread out also?
PoP and AoA, are the worse with one bus stop clear at the front and I won't stay at those, for a multitude of reasons. At least CBR, CSR and POR have multiple bus stops so you aren't left to trek to one stop from the very back of the place, if your rooms happens to be there.
They can fix dingy rooms, worn and tired rooms but they can't fix bus stops being far from the room.
Tried to stay at CBR pre-Skyliner - won't be back. The rooms were dated, the resort was too spread out, and it felt like we were on a bus ALL THE TIME. We switched to AoA and LOVED it! QS is maybe the best on property and the one bus stop was always very efficient. POP is identical. Our other favorite is POR and it's nowhere near as spread-out as CBR. Would pick POP, AoA or the PO resorts in a heartbeat over CBR.

Or is it worse to stand in a long line at AoA or POP only to have the bus close the doors and be full about 5 people in front of you? Had that happen. After walking up from the furthest point from the bus stops, naturally.
That would not be worse for me, but we all have our own varied experiences when it comes to buses.

The good thing about Pop/AofA, is that when that happens, you’re at the front of the main building with everyone else. Usually there’s another bus right behind it, or there is a CM monitoring the situation, because a mob of people builds up quickly if buses don’t come frequently.

When I'm at CBR, POR or CSR and it could be a concern and we aren't at a stop early in the route we can walk to one that is and always get on, though I've never been on one that past by all late stops anywhere but SSR. That resort was awful. I truly was miserable staying at that resort. It's the only time I sat down and just cried when I arrived in a room. It was the worse ever. We did at least manage to find the early pick up in the bus route
That kind of defeats the purpose of beiing near a bus stop if you are heading to the parks in the mornings though. You might as well stay at Pop/AofA if you have to walk to a different stop.

We always knew the best bus stops to go to when we stayed at POR and CSR, and we knew which ones to avoid during the morning rush. I always felt bad for the people we had to pass because our bus was too packed to pick up anyone else, especially if it was just one family they couldn’t squeeze on, especially when they were in a remote location of the resort. They must just feel forgotten.

I wonder about this too. My memory of staying at CBR as a child was that it was huge and exhausting. Everything was SO FAR away.
I wonder if you stayed in one of the now-demolished sections of the resort that were super far away from everything?

I stayed there as a kid, too. I remember being so exhausted that my parents had to carry me to the room, so I don't remember how long the walk was. 😂

I wonder if you stayed in one of the now-demolished sections of the resort that were super far away from everything?

I stayed there as a kid, too. I remember being so exhausted that my parents had to carry me to the room, so I don't remember how long the walk was. 😂
Maybe it was one of those sections. I asked my mother if she knew, but she has zero recollection (though she also remembers ALL THE WALKING). Mind you, this would have been September 1990. So, the resort wasn't even 2 years old yet. I'm glad I went back though, because it made a much better impression on me now as an adult than it did 30+ years ago. It's definitely our top choice now if we're traveling with all 3 kids.

I'll go so far as to include Trip Advisor reviews are pointless. Like completely pointless. Everywhere. Disregard them entirely.

When the site first launched I found it useful. It's got some good info now, reviews are not it.
I don't generally read all the reviews, but I've found that the overall traveler ratings are a good gauge of the quality of a hotel. I don't look for WDW resorts, though, this is mostly for researching where to stay in Europe. I've had great luck picking hotels by sorting by Traveler Ranked and then picking the best one in my budget in the right area.

I haven't stayed at CBR in ages, but it's my least favorite moderate just due to the size and number of bus stops. I hate spending excessive time on the bus just driving through the resort (SSR and OKW are also horrible for this).

I tend to not take traveler reviews seriously. There was this one motel somewhere in Orlando. We were new to Disney stuff, and wanted somewhere affordable (I forget the name of the place). We found this motel, not too far from the parks. Reviews seemed decent. We get there and there are bugs and dirt and grime all over the room. People passing drugs in the walkways to and from rooms, some long terms (obviously residents) sitting outside their doors with beer & cigarettes (and probably other things, given the accessibility of drugs everywhere) chatting loudly. I ate my deposit, picked up my things, and called an Uber. Got a lovely room at one of the convention type places. Which had the same exact traveler ratings as this awful, scary hole.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter