• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cat in the Hat question for Earl/CoasterFEV

Hey gcurling, nice to see that you are a repeat visitor to IOA now! :-)

Earl, is the 'creative group' responsible for nobody bothering to make sure the text displayed in the queues is in focus? Looked great for about a year, but those things do need a little maintenance now and then. What about the fish not operating properly or the piano not falling? If the 'creative group' was assigned the task of creating an attraction which would operate maintenance free I could see blaming them, however with the exception of the closet doors and thing 1 & 2 coming out of the box, it shouldn't have required too much effort to keep everything else in working condition.

Originally posted by IOATech
First of all, I welcome the shoot-off challenge. The C-clamp is in no danger of losing its home!

ITS on IOATech
well assuming the most unlikely event that i would lose, i do not get the c clamp, but what do you get???? :smooth:

Originally posted by johare
Barry, were Thing 1 and 2 REALLY working? The legs are supposed to move so it looks like they are running out of the box. Nearly every time I've seen them the legs just dangle there or are held in place with rubber bands. It's really funny when one leg is broken and it looks like they are riding a scooter.

Yes, they were working and moving! :)

Johare,

The answer is yes. Or should I say to the vendors that delivered all of the equipment in that facility that is impossible to maintain. Yes, it sounds like to ought to be simple. Unfortunately it is not. So, ultimately the responsibilty lies with those who bought off on it and left big piles of pooh behind.

Sorry, just my personal opinion.

Originally posted by MIB999999

ITS on IOATech
well assuming the most unlikely event that i would lose, i do not get the c clamp, but what do you get???? :smooth:

I get to keep my clamp!!

The reason I will bet my clamp is that you are very likely to win. I have a total of 4 runs of MIB behind me. The truth does indeed suck, but I readily admit I have little experience in the actual "rider"area here. Yes, you may walk out with the coveted clamp but I have 2 more!

At least I'm willing to take you on!

CoasterFEV, Thanks for the kind words.

I admit I don't have a clue as to the capacity you fill, (but I'm thinking really really hard!) but you have a firm grasp on the facts, and convey our attitude "in the trenches" perfectly. Come on by one night and say hi. I'll be in the grotto.

Well Earl, regardless of who's responsible I think it's time that Universal took responsibility/ownership of the attraction and start to do something about it rather than just engaging in finger pointing. Some parts (ie, doors) may be impossible to maintain, but you're not going to convince anyone that it's impossible to fix the focus on the text projectors in the queue. And if getting the legs to consistently work properly on Thing #1 and #2 is beyond the abilities of the tech's at IOA then I think they are in the wrong business.

Your are certainly entitled to your opinion and if you would like to see how this business operates, human resources is accepting applications. There's no finger pointing, it's a fact that there are still many issues that need to be resolved for substandard equipment that was delivered. Getting that done is all about priorities. Working through the ride system problems takes prioirity over show elements. What may seem trivial to take care of from the outside, may indeed be more complicated. Nobody is in the wrong business and it's not being done due to lazy techs as you suggested. Universal's Tech Services group consists of a very fine bunch of people who have put in a tremendous effort to get the park to the level it operates at today.

Originally posted by IOATech

I get to keep my clamp!!

The reason I will bet my clamp is that you are very likely to win. I have a total of 4 runs of MIB behind me. The truth does indeed suck, but I readily admit I have little experience in the actual "rider"area here. Yes, you may walk out with the coveted clamp but I have 2 more!

At least I'm willing to take you on!

clamp or no clamp i would love to have a dueling laser pointer round with you. i am out there almost every weekend on sat or sun, sometimes both.
i have some small clamps and when i saw that big one holding the gate open i thought," now that thing would hold a lot of aliens in place."
by the way what would you bet if you thought you were likely to win. ???? :bounce:

At first, I thought this whole discussion of the c-clamp was a bit silly. I would say to myself, "Self, just how impressive could that one simple tool be?" I would stay up many hours at night pondering this question.

Today, I decided to put myself at ease and see this god-like clamp with my own eyes. With much trepidation and overwhelming anticipation, I boarded the familiar yellow raft and began my River Adventure. As we drew closer to the legendary Holy Show Action Doors of Perpetual Refurbishment, my eyes were drawn to the lower corner of the right-hand door.. There it was.. THE clamp! Live and in person! I must say, a finer c-clamp has not been witnessed by my eyes! The image of that stoic clamp flawlessly clamping away has been imprinted into my consciousness for what may very well be all eternity...

Forgive me for doubting the clamp.. Until one sees it in person, one cannot understand its importance. I am a different and better person for having been in its presence.

LONG LIVE IOATECH'S BIG BROWN C-CLAMP OF TRUTH! :)

Barry, do you think we could create a separate forum for discussion of the c-clamp?

Is the c clamp made or ordinary metal? Or is it really gold or platinum that has been painted brown to fit the surroundings.
I know we should be focusing on its' more spiritual aspects, but I do worry about rust with all my icons.

Great! First color changing paint in Marvel, now a c-clamp on a river adventure. I have to start writing this stuff down :smooth: :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter