Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

BillO

Earning My Ears
We have scheduled a July 2010 cruise on the Wonder. Will the private cabanas be available at that time? Do these cabanas need to be reserved in advanced? Is there any additional costs?

We have scheduled a July 2010 cruise on the Wonder. Will the private cabanas be available at that time? Do these cabanas need to be reserved in advanced? Is there any additional costs?

Supposed to be ready by next summer but no actual date yet. Also, reports were that they will have an additional cost and need to be reserved...how the process works has not yet been announced, as far as I know.

Here is a little info on them

08/30/09
Disney's Castaway Cay set for expansion

With the upcoming expansion of the Disney Cruise Line, the company wants to make sure that Castaway Cay is ready for the influx of visitors. The 1,000 acre island paradise will be getting an upgrade, set to be done by next summer. Some of the items on the agenda are a bigger family beach, more water sports, another restaurant and 20 private cabanas.

The family beach is currently 1,000 feet and will be expanded by 700 feet. Disney wants guests to have the opportunity to spread out and is hoping the expanded beach will allow them to do so. Another tram stop will be added further down the coastline, along with a new restaurant and shops. Also in the works are two new corkscrew slides and two new play areas with water features.

MJ

I look forward to these so much. Kind of like having your own little piece of the island. On HAL's Half moon cay their cabanas are 299.00 for the day. Very nice, comes with snacks, fruit, drinks, water toys, shower/mist, ac.......etc. You can upgrade to a butler if wanted. I hope DCL will do something on this order :cool1:

I think the price will be circa $600 a day, there is a chance it will be slightly cheaper, but if you look at the Disney Water parks they have reserved areas for $250.

I think suite customers will be able to get concierge to reserve them in advance, not sure if apart from that they are first come first served, or booked like a shore trip in advance.

I think the price will be circa $600 a day.

I don't see Disney charging $600 a day for these. Maybe with all the additions (food, butler, drinks, etc..) it will top out at $600. That is WAY too much for an entry price, even for Disney. I think that make's it the most expensive excursion on the ship for all the ports.

We are going on the May 30th 5 day Double Dip. We are platinum so we can book excursions starting January 30th. I know I have read that they would be ready for the 5 day wonder cruises, so being the first one, we will find out.

I'll let everyone know what happens.

I am sure they will be in the $500-$600 range as that would be competitive with HAL and other cruise lines who have a similar product. Yeh it's a ton but if they sell theml - why not? Seems to me for the same $$ i could get a concierge room at the GF or Yacht!!

I don't see Disney charging $600 a day for these. Maybe with all the additions (food, butler, drinks, etc..) it will top out at $600. That is WAY too much for an entry price, even for Disney. I think that make's it the most expensive excursion on the ship for all the ports.

We are going on the May 30th 5 day Double Dip. We are platinum so we can book excursions starting January 30th. I know I have read that they would be ready for the 5 day wonder cruises, so being the first one, we will find out.

I'll let everyone know what happens.

I am sure they will be in the $500-$600 range as that would be competitive with HAL and other cruise lines who have a similar product. Yeh it's a ton but if they sell theml - why not? Seems to me for the same $$ i could get a concierge room at the GF or Yacht!!

I think it will start at that level $600, and people will pay that, but there will be some cruises where due to lack of demand they offer a discount.

I am sure they will be in the $500-$600 range as that would be competitive with HAL and other cruise lines who have a similar product.

Based on Cruise Critic HAL's go for ~225 and RCL's are currently free (First come basis), I have not seen anything for that price range. Can you point to a reference?

Sorry it's $225 for Carnival and 249 for HAL. There is an additional $250 charge for Alcohol from HAL if you choose it. I still think $600 is too steep and is out of range with what other cruise lines are charging. Just my $.02.

Friends of mine were on HAL ship and were billed $250 plus another $250 for a Butler and bar level booze, and the delivery of their lunch and were met at the ship to carry their things to the cabana. . She also said the base charge was for only 4 people and they had to pay $50 for each additional, and they had 6 people, so I guess that would be $600. I think NCL has these too but don't know what they charge.

HAL base price for 4 people is 299 per cabana. We have one for next week. Enjoyed it so much back in April :banana:

There will be a base price probably $600 for 4 people plus extra fee for additional plus a minimum amount of food and liquids. People will pay it just to brag about it. Foolish waste of money.

There will be a base price probably $600 for 4 people plus extra fee for additional plus a minimum amount of food and liquids. People will pay it just to brag about it. Foolish waste of money.

I honestly don't think people will choose to buy a cabana just to brag about it. How someone spends their money is their choice. You may not agree with it and think it is a waste of money but it may have value to others.

Please respect that everyone has a different idea of what has value to them.

MJ

We were ast CC last week and several of the 'huts' are built. They are over where the teen beach was. We also noticed what appears to be the new Cookies. There is a new building up next to Groupers Pavillion. So to answer the OP's question. I think the new service will be operating by next summer.

IMG_3392.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

There will be a base price probably $600 for 4 people plus extra fee for additional plus a minimum amount of food and liquids.

I am sorry for being so naive, but I don't see why Disney would charge $600 for the base buy-in (other then because they think they can). Other Cruise lines top at out that price, for Disney to start there would just be crazy. They have said there will be the ability to add other services on so does that mean that the Cabana's could top out out at over $1,000?

To be honest at that price the value is really not there considering the following:
  1. You don't have a private beach.
  2. The cabana's look like they are on top of each other, not much privacy.
  3. Cookies is almost right behind them.
  4. You are still at the "Family Beach" (ie. kids will be running and yelling).
  5. They still have to sell these on 3 and 4 day cruises where $600 to $1000 can be almost 50% of the cruise cost for a party of 2.
  6. There are 20 of them.

I find the base of $600 a day a little steep and considering no one has any real evidence (not even hear say), not a accurate figure.

The higher the price the longer the line will be for people wanting to get them so they can say to everyone it's the only way to stay on CC is to have a private Cabana

We are going on our firs Disney cruise next December for Christmas. My mom is dying to get one of these private cabanas. I don't know if it is a good idea or not. Are there plenty of umbrellas and beach chairs for everyone? My mom is really wanting this to be a "first class" holiday so I think she sees this as posh amenity.

If you had the money to stay in one would you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!