Castaway Cay After Dorian

oo de lally

Earning My Ears
DCL has said that some experiences will be unavailable...do we have any knowledge of what exactly these are as well as what to expect at Castaway right now? We are supposed to visit on the 25th and I was just wondering what to expect.

Castaway Cay excursions have always been dependent on the weather, hurricane or not. High winds and/or rough seas frequently cause excursions to be cancelled. So, unfortunately, there's no way to predict which excursions will be running on the days you're there. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. Have a great cruise, regardless! :)

DCL has said that some experiences will be unavailable...do we have any knowledge of what exactly these are as well as what to expect at Castaway right now? We are supposed to visit on the 25th and I was just wondering what to expect.
My wife and I just left the Dream yesterday. We were at CC on Thursday the 19th. (They switched the day at sea and CC days so there would be one more day to clean up.) The island was in good shape. All restaurants, bars and stores were open. We saw a lot of small debris in the shallow water near the shore but the water was crystal clear as usual. The only shore excursions that were available were bikes, floats/tubes and snorkeling. We were told that if we had pre-paid for excursions (we had not) then the cost would be credited to the stateroom account. The weather was perfect and we had a great time!!

We just go off the Fantasy. Friday night our Head Waiter said they had spent over 3 Million getting it back in shape. The plant life looked a little frazzled and Serenity Bay looked eroded. Very narrow strip of beach. But it was all good for our visit. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!