Cass, Rob & Kira - Christmas on the Wonder 2019 - "Seriously??? We just ate!!!"

Sorry, I just noticed the new posts on here...I will reply to them tomorrow :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for writing another trip report! I hope you never get tired of cruising and never tire of trip report writing. I SO look forward to your detailed reports. The pics of Kira on the beach are simply adorable. The difference between 2017 and 2019 is crazy! Your baby is growing up!

Thanks, Deb! :hug:

I will definitely never tire of cruising...can't say the same about writing trip reports but hopefully I can keep it up. :cool1:

I look back on those 2016 pics and I remember thinking to myself back then that she looked so grown up. Compared to the 2019 ones, she looks like a baby now :rotfl2:

Great TR! Thanks for taking the time to post it! Heading on my next Disney Cruise this March and I feel like TRs are where you really pick up a lot of tips - even if it is a different ship!

Question about the imessaging - does it only work for those who have imessage on the ship? Or does it work for imessaging anywhere? (would be nice to be able to message my Mom about our doggo!) Also, I assume its free to use?

Diet Coke! Is there a limit to how much you can bring on board? I would love to keep a stash in our stateroom because I tend to be uber lazy on vacations...even if we will be on deck 9! lol any tips for bringing it on board?

Hope you enjoy your work trip!

Thanks for the kind words! Sorry, I was so late to respond, looks like monkeydawn had you covered though. :thumbsup2

What the what?!

I missed the memo about a new trip report! :sad:

I've got a lot of catching up to do.

HAHAH, how did you miss the memo?? :confused3:rotfl2:

I loved reading your Trip Report! Yours is one of the first I have read where the writer was HAPPY about a rainy / cloudy day! I love the Hidden Mickey in your sunset picture!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful adventure!

Thanks, tundra1! :goodvibes

I know, I'm weird but I love my rain and clouds and grey skies :love::cloud9:

Just got caught up reading your trip report! Thanks for sharing another one of your fantastic adventures. :worship:

Glad you were able to catch up, it must have been quite the binge fest :p :goodvibes

iMessage is Apples texting program. You need Apple devices for this to work. If you and your mom are both in the iVerse, it should work. Basic instructions are to put phone on Airplane mode, go to wifi in settings and select the ship wifi. You should then be able to use iMessage and the DCL app. You cannot iMessage pics/ video, text only. If you are planning on buying an internet package at all then there are some other things you should do to minimize byte loss. Search here for more information.

As much soda as you can carry on. You will need to keep it with you until your room is ready so keep that in mind. Do not check the soda.

Thanks for answering, I was too late to the party :o

Cass, you look so happy in that selfie. You truly shine there. :)

Thanks! :lovestruc That was a happy moment among an entire week of joy :thumbsup2 It's not often I actually want to take a selfie :laughing:

HAHAH, how did you miss the memo?? :confused3:rotfl2:

Glad you were able to catch up, it must have been quite the binge fest :p :goodvibes

Oh, it was!

I spent time over a weekend reading it and it was fun tagging along on your cruise. I was sad when it ended - your reports are the best!! You and your family are so darn cute! I love telling my husband all about my Canadian friends and their adventures. Can't wait for the next one.

Last edited:

I have finally got around to reading the rest of your TR - you always do such a great job! :thumbsup2 I'd love to try a Christmas cruise one year, especially as we only live a short drive from Galveston- I need to put it on my "to do" list. Thanks for sharing and so glad this was a great cruise for you guys! :love:

Great report as always. Have loved watching Kira grow up over the years. Looking forward to next year’s report!

Hi Cass, really appreciate your report. Seeing the pictures was a great way to pass some time in this wierd situation going on.

I agree that skipping RFC in the future is good choice. It has novelty but is a basic chain restaurant at the end of the day.

Going to check out some of your past reports now!

Oh, it was!

I spent time over a weekend reading it and it was fun tagging along on your cruise. I was sad when it ended - your reports are the best!! You and your family are so darn cute! I love telling my husband all about my Canadian friends and their adventures. Can't wait for the next one.

That is very sweet of you to say! :blush::blush::blush:

Looks it will be a long while before the next one sadly :sad1:

I have finally got around to reading the rest of your TR - you always do such a great job! :thumbsup2 I'd love to try a Christmas cruise one year, especially as we only live a short drive from Galveston- I need to put it on my "to do" list. Thanks for sharing and so glad this was a great cruise for you guys! :love:

Glad you got to finish it! Our Christmas cruises from Galveston have been amazing, so glad we started this tradition! Definitely try to make it one day! ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Great report as always. Have loved watching Kira grow up over the years. Looking forward to next year’s report!

Thank you so much!! :hug: :goodvibes

Crossing my fingers that the world is cruising by then and that we are lucky enough to go! 🤞🤞🤞

Hi Cass, really appreciate your report. Seeing the pictures was a great way to pass some time in this wierd situation going on.

I agree that skipping RFC in the future is good choice. It has novelty but is a basic chain restaurant at the end of the day.

Going to check out some of your past reports now!

Strange times, indeed! Glad I could distract you for a little while. :thumbsup2

Actually, we have always enjoyed eating at RFC, even before Kira was born. I think our first one was at Animal Kingdom and the food was amazing! Same for the one in Galveston, we always went because the food was consistently good until this past visit. We will skip it next time though in favour of Millers! :love:

-----------

Sorry it took me so long to reply to these posts, I didn't even know anyone had posted! Usually I get notifications when someone replies but I didn't get any! :sad2:

It feels so weird being back on here actually, so much in this world has change since this report and even my next one from February! :oops:

Stay safe everyone :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!