Cash Reservations vs Using Points

randy55

Mouseketeer
I'm a new member in DVC and I wanted to know if anyone used cash reservations instead of points for their Friday and Saturday night stays? I was recently offered a BCV studio room for $217 plus taxes for a Friday night that would normally cost 32 points to reserve.

Are there any rules regulating the use of members cash reservations?

Thanks,

Depends on how you look at; some value the points at $10, we use a cost basis for about $6. Using your cost, the room would be $192 with NO tax, thus cheaper to use points - even during this highly discounted time.
Now, this is a couple hundred dollars and if saving the points gives you a couple extra weekdays, then it might be worth it.

For myself, the question to consider is if I want to conserve points. For my May trip, a weekend night at OKW in a 1 bedroom is 48 points, weekdays are 20 points. I have Sun-Thurs nights booked for 100 points. If we decide to stay Friday and Sat. nights, that's another 96 points. I don't have that many extra points. I'd rather pay cash or stay at another resort. We may arrive Friday and stay at PO-FQ for 2 nights.

We have friends who live in Sarasota....we'll be visiting them most Friday/Saturday nights!:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter