• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

carseat on plane for toddler

TammyC

DIS Veteran
At what age and weight have you stopped using a carseat on the airplane (and just used the regular seatbelt)? The towncar transportation can have one for us to use on the trip to the hotel, so I'd love to leave the carseat at home. The airline doesn't have much to say about this. It seems like I read somewhere that you should use the seat until 40lbs, but a friend took her 3 year old, very light 27lb without one and did fine. Opinions please...

I didn't take DD out of her car seat on the plane until she was in a belt positioning booster, which is not FAA approved. Until then, I lugged the car seat on.

My DD was in her car set on a plane until she was 4.

When DS was just barely 3 we flew without the catseat because I was VERY pregnant with DD and needed the extra room and couldn't lug the carseat with me. The lap belt was certainly tight enough across his hips if we hit any severe turbulence. The real problem was that DS liked to play with the buckle which are REALLY easy to undo, not like the car seat buckles. I was physically more comfortable without the carseat, but emotionally, I would've liked him in that 5 point restraint!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter