carousel inn

tiggerpoo

Earning My Ears
:wave:

Hi-Newbie on board! I really enjoy how friendly everyone is here so I think I'll ask ya a question or two...
Has anyone stayed at the carousel inn? We are going May 12-19 and have reservations there. Last year we stayed at the Fairfield inn and had some problems. We are hoping for CLEAN, newer type rooms. I know most people are not too pickey, but we are. I'm also hoping that the staff is friendly? Are there certain rooms we should request? Is the front better than the back? Oh my so many questions! Thanks in advance for any help, It is greatly appreciated.;)

We are planning to stay there next month. We also had problems at the Fairfield, and would not stay there again.

I have heard mostly good reports about this property - clean, kid-friendly, nice theming. It is pretty much a basic motel, but has a breakfast room with a great view of the park entrance and monorail. I have heard that your best bet is to arrive early in the day and ask for a room close to the front and away from the rooftop pool. Each room has a fridge and microwave, and they have suites available. I hear that the rooms in back are older and a bit far, but we will soon see. I am going in late February, so I will be sure to post pictures and a review.

Thanks teri, I'm having trouble logging in so I'm sorry if this is posted twice!

That would be great if you could let me know how you liked the carousel.

Just curious.. What kind of trouble did you have at the Fairfield inn? Last May we went and had connecting rooms on the 8th floor that were just awful! Rooms were damp, old, musty, doors would stick so bad that even my husband had to shoulder slam them to get them to open! The beds were noisy and uncomfortable. the airconditioners didn't work. The maids came in unanounced in my daughters room. Yes I should of made them move us but we were so happy just to be on vacation in Disneyland! This time I'm going to be a little more picky. Oh and the staff was incredibly rude by the way....

So I truly hope you have a wonderful stay at the Carousel:) We can't wait to go again!!:bounce:

Fairfield.... we had a room on the backside and the road noise was very bad. The water pressure in the bathroom was not good, the lighting was bad, the heater was noisy and musty, and the beds were not comfortable. We are very spoiled, we usually stay onsite at both Disneyland and WDW and my husband is very picky about hotels -- he travels on business quite often and stays in nicer places. This was a budget trip for us (I prefer to go longer and more often but have to stay within a budget to do so) and he was not happy with being in a budget hotel. I am hoping the Carousel is better. He is not coming on this trip.

I have stayed in the Park Inn International, and our room was nicer but had no magic. The staff was outright not nice to us... I have 2 special needs kids and the people were just not very nice to us. What can I say.

I will be very happy if you would take pictures and let me know how you liked the motel ! That's very helpful. Thanks again. :cool:

Have fun!!
Tiggerpoo
:pinkbounc

Hi Tigerpoo,

We stayed at the Carousel Inn last April. We found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. The rooms at the back of the hotel are smoking rooms. The convenience to the parks is great. Maybe a 8 min. walk to the main gates. There is a McDonald's, Mimi's, IHOP, and a Tony Roma's within walking distance too. Check out www.roomsavers.com for discount coupons. Have a great trip!

Party Teacher

:confused: Hi Party Teacher.... We do smoke, does this mean we have to have the older rooms?? I'll have to call Carousel and find out.
We went with the Disney pkg. so I'm not sure exactly what the room costs, but thanks for the link.
Did you guys use the pool while you were there?
We were thinking about requesting the top floor what do ya think?

well, if you request the top floor, you could go up to the roof to smoke....and still be able to have a newer room:) .
We have stayed at the CI, as teri said the best amenitie is the beautiful breakfast room, and the view from the roof. Besides that it is a basic clean motel( great location and the fridge/microwave/CM are very nice to have )....but very good value for the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter