Carl's Jr and Hardee's - are they more or less separate these day?

I grew up in the midwest and they had Hardees, I live on the West coast and we have Carls Jr. Growing up, I don't remember Hardees being very good. I also remember them having raisin biscuits lol Carls Jr actually has a very good burger.

We only have Hardee's here. Haven't been to one in years.

There are cars in the parking lot for breakfast, but never after breakfast.

Not sure how they stay open.
The original Hardees had the best breakfast! Dont know Now if it’s the same menu. They had the best biscuits and cinnamon raisin biscuits. Hardees in the morning was the hang out for retirees

Grew up on the Left Coast, Carl's Jr was ok, nothing amazing. Moved to Missouri, Hardees in our small town and thought it was gross, went in once and never went back. That one defiantly hadn't seen any updates since the 80s. Today the only reason I got to Carl's Jr is to get their lettuce wrap burger.

The original Hardees had the best breakfast! Dont know Now if it’s the same menu. They had the best biscuits and cinnamon raisin biscuits. Hardees in the morning was the hang out for retirees

Yes, years ago, if we had to work on a Saturday, someone would get their chicken biscuits, biscuits and gravy or cinnamon minis for the office. They were good. But that was 30 years ago.

I don't go out of my way now for breakfast like that- prefer low carb, non breakfast food as my first meal.

Carls Junior food is fine. Just very expensive compared to other fast food places.
Who remembers Carl's Senior? That was the sit down restaurant run by the same company. There used to be one at the corner of Katella and West across from Disneyland that we ate at. I don't think there ever were more than a hand full of those.

EDITED: It may have been their only location. And it opened as Carl's Drive-In Barbecue.

Last edited:

We just got Hardee’s a couple of years ago. We had a few years ago when they changed over from Burger Chef. I liked Burger Chef much better. The works bar where you dressed your sandwich was great.

I agree that breakfast is the best meal they offer.

More strangeness to Hardee's ads.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190116005279/en/Hardee’s®-Melts-Winter-Exclusive-Tipsy-Elves-“Melt

You can buy your own ski suit as featured in the current run of ads.

https://www.tipsyelves.com/hardees

For only $225 this can be yours!
Hardees-mens-mile-high-ski-suit-001.Jpg

Our small town has a Hardee's. If I'm in a serious mood for junk food, their breakfast biscuits hit the spot. The rest of the menu is also very unhealthy. We rarely go there. I'd rather spend my calories at Bojangles or Popeyes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter