Caribbean Beach Resort

kphowells

Earning My Ears
Hello everybody! my name is Kristian, im from the UK

I have been a fan of this site for a long time and always read the forums, and gain valuable knowledge about disney. I am travelling to the caribbean beach in two weeks and have read many mixed reviews from many different sites. I would really appreciate any information that i could recieve from others. Me and my girlfriend are going, we are quite active and enjoy walking so the size of the place wouldn't really be a concern.

Thanks people, pleasure to meet you all

Although it's been awhile since we stayed at CBR, I would stay there again in the future. We really liked the food court and main pool area. We would bring our breakfast or dinner out by the pool and sit and eat vs. eating inside. This was a nice bonus to us. The resort is very pretty and has that tropical, beachy feel. The grounds are nice and even if you are far from the food court, the walk around the lake is pleasant. The rooms are nice as well. If you are at the resort late at night you can see the fireworks from Epcot from behind the main pool bar area. Since we have little kids, we would often be back at the resort at this time and our kids really liked to go down and watch. There is an island on the lake that is filled with parrots - be sure to check it out in the daytime. Have a fun time! :flower:

There are 2 buildings that are closest to the Food Court/gift shop..... they are Martinique and Trinidad North. They are considered "premium" so they are an extra $15 per night.
If you want to be closest WITHOUT paying extra, then Jamaica (especially bldg # 45) is the closest...... we stayed in Jamaica 46 in February and the walk was not bad at all.
Have a great trip :flower:

Stayed there years ago but can't think of any complaints that we had - it's a beautiful hotel and feels like a true resort. I think you'll enjoy it ;)

We stayed in the Barbados section, which was very far away from the food court and the main pool, but otherwise wasn't too bad. I liked the resort a lot and thought the tropical theme was fun. :teeth:

You might want to read the CBR FAQ's listed below. You will find many people that had a great time at CBR.

We love CBR. I also have lots of pictures of the resort. If you have any questions you might want to post in the CBR FAQ thread. Someone will be along to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks again everyone, i am gratefull for all theinformation that you provide, The FAQ was very helpfull.

Hi fellow Brit,

Whilst it has been many years since we stayed there, the resort is great lovely beaches, great themeing especially the hamocks on the beaches. We stayed in Aruba which is the last stop on the bus route before the bus leaves for the parks & sometimes it's the first on the way back. Our building number was 56 ground floor and was excellent for a 14 day stay. The only very slight negative is that it is a 10 minute walk to main resort pool and food/shops etc. Laundry units are available at each of the smaller building pools.

You won't regret staying there. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

CBR is our favorite resort! The tropical themeing is wonderful. There are nice quiet walkways and sandy beaches with hammocks. There is a wonderful little bridge to walk over if you stay in Jamaica and I think Aruba to get to the main pool and the food court. The food court has great variety, and the bus service has always been excellent when we were there. The rooms are decorated nicely with two double sinks with storage underneath. We are going the end of June and again staying at CBR. Have a great stay!!

1979 - Offstie
1995 - CBR
1997 - CBR
1999 - POR
2003 - CBR
2005 - CBR

My family had the pleasure of visiting England two years ago. One of the days was spent in Cartiff. I have a Welsh heritage and totally loved the time we spent there. Hey we're almost related. If the money exchange rate was not so hard on the dollar we'd go back in a minute.

In July we'll return to CBR after spending our last Disney Holiday at POFQ. We were taken by the Caribbean setting of the resort. The resort is hugh, but the building are quite small (not too many rooms per building, but a lot of buildings). Your completly dependant on the WDW Transport bussesbut coming from England your used to public transit. Anyway if your like us you'll only sleep and swim at the resort. Rest of the time you'll be having fun at the parks.

Have a wonderful holiday! I truely hope you have as nice a time in our country as we had in yours!

The Welsh Yanks

Thanks very much, i actually live in Cardiff so perhaps we are related!, im glad of all the positive feedback. Im sooooo excited, only 11 days untill i arrive. I have my dollars and cheques ready!

we stayed there April 22 - May 1st and had a great time. I called about a week before we left home and asked which building would be best for our situation (2 kids aged 5 and 2) and told them I would like to be by the main pool. The CM suggested Martinique or somewhere else. I told her to please do what she thought would be best for us. We were in Martinique, didn't pay a dime extra for it either. So, call today and ask if they would put you in there. It was nice being right there by the food court so you could pop over and get a pop before bed or take a quick swim.

Nora

I wouldn't go expecting to be in a preferred location without paying extra. Upgrades do sometimes happen but not as often as people think. If you want that location it is worth paying extra for it.

I just returned having stayed at CBR for a week. It was my second time there and I just love it. For a moderate you get some perks like a coffee maker, hairdryer, iron & ironing board, and a small refrigerator which was very cold.

Don't forget to post on your return and let us know how you made out. We pray that you don't have too many encounters with what we refer to as "the Ugly American". Be aware that these creatures are out there. Best advise is to ignore these sightings. Don't let them ruin your good time.

Blessings for a safe and happy holiday.

The Welsh Yanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter