car rental suggestions

KingstonGirl77

Earning My Ears
We leave in 6 sleeps. So excited. DH insists on renting a car. We are staying at the Wynn.

Should we rent one from the airport or are there any car rental outlets near the Wynn? Also does anyone have any recommendations on which car rentals places have the best deals or ones to avoid?

Thanks!!

If you rent a car at the airport, no joke, the taxes are about 15% higher than renting outside of the airport. I would recommend calling the concierge at Wynn and ask for their assistance with reserving a rental car with their partner rental car agency on property there or at Encore next door. I just looked at Hertz and they have a location at Encore. Take a taxi from the airport; then rent it at your hotel. Have fun on your trip!

Thanks so much. That is what I will do. Plus we arrive at around 11pm Saturday night so they would probably charge us for the whole day. Since it is our first time there I don't want to be navigating Vegas at midnight on a Saturday!

Thanks so much. That is what I will do. Plus we arrive at around 11pm Saturday night so they would probably charge us for the whole day. Since it is our first time there I don't want to be navigating Vegas at midnight on a Saturday!

It is much cheaper to rent at airport; Dollar or Budget will be much less than Hertz. Join their "frequent renter" club & you can avoid the long line & go directly to the garage kiosk to check in & get your vehicle.
Avoid Fox/Advantage--too many horror stories.
Navigating from airport to Encore is easy...you head north on LV Blvd, then turn E on Tropicana to avoid most of the strip traffic (but still get a terrific view of the LV lights..), north on Koval, west on Sand, back north on LV Blvd for a very short jaunt to Encore valet. A VERY easy drive.
JMO

If you belong to Costco, you can use their website and special code to get a pretty good rate. Also, there is a Visa discount code you can try as well: 7014615. I am going in October and will most likely be using Alamo, with pickup straight from the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter