• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car Insurance

debs69

Earning My Ears
Hi All
I am sorry if I am repeating old ground but next August we will be on our 3rd trip however we have managed without a car in the past, but now feel it would be beneficial to hire a car. I would like some opinions/advice about the need to upgrade car insurance or not. Thanks for any help

If you use a company like USrentacar.co.uk their cars come with All inclusive insurance. They only other option with them is upgrade to Gold, this gives exactly the same insurance but additional drivers and a tank of gas included.
Sometimes additional driver is included with the All Inclusive option so only benefit from gold would be the tank of gas.
For 16 years I took the Gold option but with increased prices its rarely worth it anymore unless you go for a short holiday, longer the trip less worthwhile it is buying.

When you arrive in Orlando the rental company could try get you to take addition insurances like Roadside assist, you are covered for regular breakdowns with all rental companies but they try sell this cover for accidental/self inflicted problems like locking keys in, leaving lights on all night etc, its something I have never bought it costs around $5/day.
They could also try get you to take Satnav, Take your own with US maps or buy in Walmart, they cost to buy about same price as 2 weeks rental.
Last one is Tolls, they try rent you like a toll fastpass, drive straight thru tha tolls and it charges your credit card rather than stopping to pay, these are about $10/week + toll fees (slight reduction on cash fees) again not something I have ever done.

When you are ready to rent post you dates, best price you can find, size of car you want & how many drivers and myself or others will tell you if it can be rented cheaper elsewhere.

I've used "insurance4carhire" before now with my rentals.
No problems:goodvibes

Had the European insurance a couple of years ago - made a claim (£900) and was paid out within the week.......:woohoo:

Thankfully haven't needed to claim on the USA policy to date......:thumbsup2

You do need to take a cc and might have to pay up front - ........Must admit I chickened out and took Virgin's insurance on our last trip.....:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter