*car hire warning*

Netty

DIS Veteran
please be careful when getting your car hire, as some are pushing you to get the breakdown cover at something like $5 a day, when you dont need it, they are saying that you have to have it and are being quite aggressive as well, saying that you can not have the car unless you have this extra insurance which is just not true. stand your ground on this one

also those of you like me who have booked an intermediate suv with dollar through netflights- netflight info says a rav4 or similar- dollar do not have the rav4 so you will be offered the jeep liberty/jeep compass etc. we got a free upgrade to a 7 seater grand minivan :thumbsup2

Well done on the upgrade. Thanks for the info, I usually pick up from the Disney car care centre, I find them less pushy than the airport!:)

We are going with alamo. So what will happen if you do breakdown ? Will you have to pay a recovery fee ?
:confused3

we just returned a intermediate suv on friday with dollar had a kia sportage

they offered the breakdown and the sunpass thingy for the tolls I said no thanks and that was it, no problems with forced selling what so ever.

I guess it depends on the assistant you get

We are going with alamo. So what will happen if you do breakdown ? Will you have to pay a recovery fee ?
:confused3

alamo are very pushy,they are responsible for the recovery fee not you, if you do breakdown.

alamo are very pushy,they are responsible for the recovery fee not you, if you do breakdown.

I've been with Alamo twice this year and not found them pushy on the breakdown cover at all, certainly not to the point of being aggressive. I said no both times and it was left at that.

I've been with Alamo twice this year and not found them pushy on the breakdown cover at all, certainly not to the point of being aggressive. I said no both times and it was left at that.

All down to the agent on the day David, all companies have good and bad, personally at MCO I found Alamo the worst, no cars on arrival, 24 hours they eventually got me a car the hard sell was bad. Thats 10 years ago not used them since. Both Budget and Dollar have been great for me with no hard sell at all. Others find totally opposite.
On the other hand Dollar at both Sanford and LAX(twice) were horrible. Both agressive and ignorant. I can handle pressure but anyone that can't would be intimidated by some of the rental agents I have dealt with.

I just use the Alamo quick kiosk and don't even speak to one of the people, straight out the door after scanning the bar code.

I just use the Alamo quick kiosk and don't even speak to one of the people, straight out the door after scanning the bar code.

Ah, i didn't realise you could do that, thanks for the info :thumbsup2

It wasn't me who had the problem, it was my nephew and his mate- both lads early 20's, told they couldnt have the car unless they took out the breakdown insurance....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter