Captain Jacks or Bistro Remy?

JinxRemoving

Earning My Ears
Trying to book dining reservations for our upcoming trip and I didn't get on the app fast enough :( Now I need to decide between Bistro Chez Remy or Captain Jack's. Which is a better overall experience? I'm leaning Remy since it seems like a very "French" experience for my kids and it's a unique experience. We'll be at the original Disneyland in December so I can always grab a Blue Bayou reservation there. Thoughts from anyone who's been?

I would check the menus for both and choose the one which people in your party will enjoy the food the most. Just because a restaurant has great themeing does not mean that people in your party will actually enjoy eating there.

I would check the menus for both and choose the one which people in your party will enjoy the food the most. Just because a restaurant has great themeing does not mean that people in your party will actually enjoy eating there.

All the menus seem fine to us so experience is my second way to narrow down. My husband and I will eat whatever, we like most types of food and can usually find something we like on any menu. I've read that the food at DLP isn't very good so I wasn't trying to focus on menu since I'm assuming it's all bad? My kids are kind of picky but they also don't eat a lot so I don't worry about them.

All the menus seem fine to us so experience is my second way to narrow down. My husband and I will eat whatever, we like most types of food and can usually find something we like on any menu. I've read that the food at DLP isn't very good so I wasn't trying to focus on menu since I'm assuming it's all bad? My kids are kind of picky but they also don't eat a lot so I don't worry about them.

Ive been at Disneyland Paris 3 times and eaten at Captain Jacks when it was Blue Lagoon. I've never had an issue with food at Disneyland Paris. Don't assume its all bad, that's a common misconception from American guests as its not what they are used in the American Parks.

The last time I was in Disneyland Paris I chose Blue Lagoon / the restaurant in Pirates of The Caribbean over Chez Remys. Chez Remys is basically an over priced steakhouse. You can see into the restaurant when you exit Ratatouille ride, the themeing is great but the prices and menu did not appeal to me.

I've enjoyed meals in both. However, I've had much better service at Remy's, Captain Jack's can be really slow. I really like the menu at Remy's and the theming is good fun. Captain Jack's is great if you have a table by the water, but not so much at the back of the restaurant - it's a bit dark and gloomy back there!

Captain Jack, I thought the ambiance was much better than at Remy's.
For food, whatever menu you like better. I am not a fan of either, but the mango Rice pudding at Jack's... I would go back for that alone ;)

We also enyoed the meals in both for many years. I like the atmosphere at Cap. Jack´s more and if you can sit near the water you can wave the boats floating by.
The food is good and it the service was always great.

Remy`s is very crowded and hyped. The food is good but nothing special.

It is ok and you should eat there once but I prefer Cap. Jack´s.

Ive been at Disneyland Paris 3 times and eaten at Captain Jacks when it was Blue Lagoon. I've never had an issue with food at Disneyland Paris. Don't assume its all bad, that's a common misconception from American guests as its not what they are used in the American Parks.

Honestly I'm very surprised to hear this, especially if you ate at Blue Lagoon before it became Captain Jacks. The food across DLP is generally very poor and it has become rather famous for it, as its rather embarrassing given its in the gastronomic capital of the world. For example, at Blue Lagoon specifically (before it became Captain Jacks), almost all of the food was microwaved/reheated (i.e. the veg was microwave in a bag - and it was exactly the same side veg no matter which dish you ordered), and the main courses were precooked and reheated. The menu had remained exactly the same for many years. However, the change to Captain Jack's once Disney took full ownership of the park was clearly a sign of Disney trying to improve the food quality and offerings. As Disney are starting to refurbish hotels and restaurants, the new versions of the same restaurant are always far better, and typically have freshly prepared food and more diverse menus (e.g. Captain Jacks, Manhattan Restaurant, etc).

Captain Jacks and Chez Remy are not quite up to scratch with the even newer offerings, but they are better than almost all of the non-refurbished restaurants - but they are "banqueting style" food (large volumes prepared in the kitchen and then plated up to order, as opposed to cooked-to-order). I don't know this for sure, but I'm pretty confident given the style of food offered. Hence it really does come down to menu preference and theming preference. I like both, but personally I think Captain Jacks has more of a wow factor to it. But I think young kids would get much more of a kick out of Chez Remy. Chez Remy is fun, but Captain Jacks really does make you feel transported to somewhere quite tropical, hence probably more appealing to the adults. Either way, I don't think you'll be disappointed with either choice.

Well, I've always had very good experience at DLP restaurants (except for New Bay Port's: Cape Cod, that was awful). My best experience was "Walt's" but that one has been closed for some time and only opens for special events and doesn't have its normal menu.

If I had to choose, I would choose Captain Jack's, as long as you like seafood and don't have ANYONE ALLERGIC to shellfish, fish, or anything sea related. If you have someone allergic, they won't be able to serve the person as they can't guarantee non-cross contamination (something I simply don't understand, never had seen it anywhere else).

Chez Remy is good too, so I also recommend it, specially if you have children in your group as you mention. Reservations are a must for both as you know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter