Can't order Magic Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urgh, sounds like yours is worse than my ordeal.
Mine is all fixed up.
I did have to call to get DGD's AP moved over. Now, everything is in order.
And, best of all, the fix did mean I can now modify resort reservations online again. Like you, that ability had disappeared a year or so back.
Now, it's working again. I just did it for a stay in March. So much better than cancelling and rebooking them all the time.

But, you have reminded me I need to look at Photopass. I never even thought of it

Urgh, sounds like yours is worse than my ordeal.
Mine is all fixed up.
I did have to call to get DGD's AP moved over. Now, everything is in order.
And, best of all, the fix did mean I can now modify resort reservations online again. Like you, that ability had disappeared a year or so back.
Now, it's working again. I just did it for a stay in March. So much better than cancelling and rebooking them all the time.

But, you have reminded me I need to look at Photopass. I never even thought of it
Glad to hear yours is up and running and basic functionality is restored! I just booked a June 2018 stay in addition to a March 2018 split-stay, and November 2018 stay. My band orders displayed yesterday, but now everyone in my family gets this lovely error "We are unable to display certain MagicBand order details at this time. If some or all of your orders are not present, please refresh the page or try again later." Hopefully they will just come back tomorrow. I have had this happen with dining late at night and the next day it shows up. All my active bands are still present so I am hopeful.

If you need to call Photopass, here is the number: 407-560-4300. I now have it in my phone since I called it so many times :rotfl2:

Glad to hear yours is up and running and basic functionality is restored! I just booked a June 2018 stay in addition to a March 2018 split-stay, and November 2018 stay. My band orders displayed yesterday, but now everyone in my family gets this lovely error "We are unable to display certain MagicBand order details at this time. If some or all of your orders are not present, please refresh the page or try again later." Hopefully they will just come back tomorrow. I have had this happen with dining late at night and the next day it shows up. All my active bands are still present so I am hopeful.

If you need to call Photopass, here is the number: 407-560-4300. I now have it in my phone since I called it so many times :rotfl2:

That' the exact same error message I had for a month at least so I called IT on Sunday and they fixed it.

Leaving in seven days and have not had the option to customize my bands. Called Tech Support and after about 30 minutes between call time and hold time, I had the option to customize.

Thank goodness, all my photos are there! Even the ones from our trip in January.

I just booked a stay for March for DGD's 10th birthday and have an April trip for my Anniversary booked. Once they release AP rates for June I'll have our end of school trip booked too.

The only thing I'm seeing still going on is there are still issues with cookies and the ability to see AP rates coming and going. Every other time I go to the site I have to clear off the cookies or use Private browsing in order to access the AP rates. I think this is more an MDE issue overall than something with my specific account.

Must be pretty widespread issue going on. I had the same issue, have a stay on DVC points in March. Couldn't see the MB order from the MDE homescreen, it wasn't showing up under the Magic Bands and Cards section either. I reached out on chat and got it resolved very quickly. So, if you have a simple issue of just not seeing the MB order option, chat seems to be a quick way to resolve. Probably won't be able to help via chat with complex issues, but simple ones, I have had good experience with the chat function.

That' the exact same error message I had for a month at least so I called IT on Sunday and they fixed it.

I called IT today and was told it was a "known issue" and that they would place the order on the back end. Idk... I just want to ensure my family members get their AP bands and sliders. I think I will call IT again. That's usually what I do when I do not think the answer is sufficient. lol

Thank goodness, all my photos are there! Even the ones from our trip in January.

I just booked a stay for March for DGD's 10th birthday and have an April trip for my Anniversary booked. Once they release AP rates for June I'll have our end of school trip booked too.

The only thing I'm seeing still going on is there are still issues with cookies and the ability to see AP rates coming and going. Every other time I go to the site I have to clear off the cookies or use Private browsing in order to access the AP rates. I think this is more an MDE issue overall than something with my specific account.

So glad to hear your photos are still there! I have that issue with the AP rates as well. I agree, it must just be another special limitation to MDE.

Must be pretty widespread issue going on. I had the same issue, have a stay on DVC points in March. Couldn't see the MB order from the MDE homescreen, it wasn't showing up under the Magic Bands and Cards section either. I reached out on chat and got it resolved very quickly. So, if you have a simple issue of just not seeing the MB order option, chat seems to be a quick way to resolve. Probably won't be able to help via chat with complex issues, but simple ones, I have had good experience with the chat function.
I actually tried chat (I never have any luck with chat) and the person just told me to call. Luckily after December, the IT help desk number is also in my contacts haha

Same thing happening to us too (dvc). My orders don’t come up. Same for my husbands account and both daughter’s accounts. My daughter leaves in a couple of weeks and guest they’ll be getting gray bands at the resort. Hope they find a fix for everyone. Is this a dvc member problem. I noticed a lot of us are dvc members.

Same thing happening to us too (dvc). My orders don’t come up. Same for my husbands account and both daughter’s accounts. My daughter leaves in a couple of weeks and guest they’ll be getting gray bands at the resort. Hope they find a fix for everyone. Is this a dvc member problem. I noticed a lot of us are dvc members.
No. It is a Disney IT problem. The common thread is usually frequent travelers
DVC members tend to travel often. As do AP holders
MDE has finally reached an age where frequent guests are causing problems with MDE.
Turns out, they don't remove ANYTHING from your account. Old stays, cancelled stays, MB, reservations of any sort, all are hanging out in there clogging up the data base.
Data bases can only hold so much data before they simply "throw up"
Well, these accounts are starting to "throw up"
Which is why they finally had to just rebuild mine from scratch, only moving over current info. No idea what they are doing/have done with the old account. It's there, I can sign in and see it. But everything I use is in my new one, and nothing else.

MDE has finally reached an age where frequent guests are causing problems with MDE.
Turns out, they don't remove ANYTHING from your account. Old stays, cancelled stays, MB, reservations of any sort, all are hanging out in there clogging up the data base.
Which is why they finally had to just rebuild mine from scratch, only moving over current info. No idea what they are doing/have done with the old account. It's there, I can sign in and see it. But everything I use is in my new one, and nothing else.

While this is probably true for my account, it’s happening on my husbands account and he doesn’t have nearly the amount of data as I do. Same for each of my daughter’s accounts. One daughter (different dvc account) only goes to WDW 1 time a year. The other daughter barely uses her account and only goes 1-2 times a year. Her husband and daughter’s are all on my account and I manage them. I leave in a couple of weeks, so not thrilled to have someone messing with my account.

While this is probably true for my account, it’s happening on my husbands account and he doesn’t have nearly the amount of data as I do. Same for each of my daughter’s accounts. One daughter (different dvc account) only goes to WDW 1 time a year. The other daughter barely uses her account and only goes 1-2 times a year. Her husband and daughter’s are all on my account and I manage them. I leave in a couple of weeks, so not thrilled to have someone messing with my account.
But are you connected as friends and family via your account? So you can make FP together, book rooms together, etc? If so, I bet that's still it. You are corrupting their accounts simply by association.

Anyway, I'm not DVC and had problems.

But are you connected as friends and family via your account? So you can make FP together, book rooms together, etc? If so, I bet that's still it. You are corrupting their accounts simply by association.

Anyway, I'm not DVC and had problems.

I guess I better check my other friend in NY to see if they are having a problem. They’re in my friends and family too. Going to send dme an email. Just don’t want to have everything disappear while on vacay.

Nope.

If you customize greater than 30 days out, they are processed at 30 days.
If you customize less than 30 days out, they are processed the following day. You can customize as little as 5 days prior to check in and will receive the customized bands at the resort.

The current cutoff for customizing, as long as you are booked before 31 days out, is 31 days. I don't know what the timeline is for less than 31 days. I know I personally booked a trip 6 days out, personalized the bands to be picked up upon arrival, and when we arrived there was nothing waiting for us.

The IT CM said that you can customize up to 2 weeks prior to your arrival.

Per my experience, that isn't true. Every client I have booked currently must customize by 31 days out. (But are we surprised that what a CM says isn't what the experience is?)

The current cutoff for customizing, as long as you are booked before 31 days out, is 31 days. I don't know what the timeline is for less than 31 days. I know I personally booked a trip 6 days out, personalized the bands to be picked up upon arrival, and when we arrived there was nothing waiting for us.
Even if you book greater than 31 days out, you can wait until less than 30 days to customize the MagicBands.

I was worried my mother and sister would also need their accounts rebuilt. Processing the MagicBand order from the backend seemed like a band-aid for the real issue of too much information. I booked one more trip last night and that seemed to be the straw that broke the camels back for their accounts. As you mentioned, it would make sense that a DVC member would have more information lingering in their MDE like AP holders. I myself am also just an AP holder and had the issue.

I called back and the next CM seemed more helpful and escalated the issue and said both of my family members would get a follow-up e-mail with the resolution/next steps. She did reiterate that MagicBand customization is a "known issue."

If they need new accounts, I would rather it happen now than in 70 days when we will be in Disney during peak spring break/Easter time.

@IrishNYC @erionm

You can still customize a MB less than 30 days out if you never opened the order by pressing "Get Started." It will just be waiting at the resort for you if it is too close to arrival. Five days or less is when you get a grey band.

Below is the customization schedule:
  • If you customize your MagicBand at least 11 days before you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel, it will be shipped to your home.
  • If you customize your MagicBand between 10 days and 6 days before you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel, you will receive it when you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel.
  • If you do not customize your MagicBand until 5 days or less before your arrival, you will receive a non-customized MagicBand when you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/bands-cards/customizing-period/

I am not a DVC member nor do I travel frequently
This is just our 4th trip and it happened to me. We ate staying on rented DVC points.

I am not a DVC member nor do I travel frequently
This is just our 4th trip and it happened to me. We ate staying on rented DVC points.
Wonder if somehow those who rent points inherit problems from the point owner? Never rented so not sure how they connect you to them

I wrote to WDW about this....they said call IT. It will have to wait until I return. I had to do something similar a couple of years ago when I had to combine my dvc login and my Disney login to match. I ended up with a ghost account. It took weeks to get it straightened out. Everytime they “fixed” one thing it would cause problems elsewhere. So frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter