***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

We are planning to bring our kids in May but only DW and I actually have park tickets right now. We are staying on points so changing to a package isn’t an option and I can’t figure out whether buying tickets will be allowed on 6/24 or 6/28 or later in the summer. If this park reservations system ends up being a bust this trip may change from being a family trip to being a couple trip. Our kids are 21 so they will understand.
According to the Disney website:
  • June 24 - people with room-only reservations for 2021 can call to convert to a package.
  • June 28 - sales begin for 2021 packages and tickets
  • "Later this summer" - sales resume for 2020 tickets

So you should be able to get tickets for your kids starting June 28.

FYI on the big thread in the rumors forum there are multiple reports of CMs telling guests they can book Monday for 2021.

I haven't caught up for today (that thread moves way too fast), but that's interesting. I'm still going to check regardless but left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing is par for the course lol

According to the Disney website:
  • June 24 - people with room-only reservations for 2021 can call to convert to a package.
  • June 28 - sales begin for 2021 packages and tickets
  • "Later this summer" - sales resume for 2020 tickets

So you should be able to get tickets for your kids starting June 28.
We will see won’t we... and of course there is a lot of time between now and May for Disney to change everything again. 🙄

I haven't caught up for today (that thread moves way too fast), but that's interesting. I'm still going to check regardless but left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing is par for the course lol

Indeed. I am not getting up at the crack of dawn, but I plan to check in here and then on MDE.

ETA: Who wants to see my list??? :)

5/23 --MK
5/24--Epcot
5/25--HS
5/26--AK
5/27--HS
5/28--MK

Maybe Disney will be doing me a favor if they don't let me change this 100 times.

Indeed. I am not getting up at the crack of dawn, but I plan to check in here and then on MDE.

5/23 --MK
5/24--Epcot
5/25--HS
5/26--AK
5/27--HS
5/28--MK

Maybe Disney will be doing me a favor if they don't let me change this 100 times.

it's so hard to do this!

What if I choose to do AK for my Thursday, but then when park hours come out I will see it's open later on the Friday, but I can't switch!!!

The pressure!!! :rotfl:

I'm happy I don't have to do this Monday because I don't have tickets!

So here’s my deal, I’m currently booked for July 14-21st, 2020 with a 10 day park hopper plus and Pop century room, due to travel restrictions in my state, I’ve been waiting to modify my trip and move to May 21-June 1st, 2021. I called last night and the CM said call back later😞 but wouldn’t say when ?the 24th ?Maybe?

So here’s my deal, I’m currently booked for July 14-21st, 2020 with a 10 day park hopper plus and Pop century room, due to travel restrictions in my state, I’ve been waiting to modify my trip and move to May 21-June 1st, 2021. I called last night and the CM said call back later😞 but wouldn’t say when ?the 24th ?Maybe?

I think the 24th, yes! That's when I'm calling just to check out what new 2021 rates would be for Gran Destino.

5/23 --MK
5/24--Epcot
5/25--HS
5/26--AK
5/27--HS
5/28--MK

For our non-trip for this May - I changed my mind on which park/which day several times and had to readjust all my ADRs at least three times...This will be challenging! I'm already torn about my order. But here goes:
5/10 - EP
5/11- HS
5/12 - HS
5/13 - MK
5/14 - AK
5/15 - MK

That's where I landed most recently for my May 2020 trip so I guess I'll go with it...want to be sure to do AK on a night that they stay open late to see Pandora after dark...obviously at this point, it's anyone's guess what park hours will be.

I think the 24th, yes! That's when I'm calling just to check out what new 2021 rates would be for Gran Destino.
You're brave to be planning to call on the 24th! I was getting annoyed at waiting on the phone yesterday to cancel our July trip and I was on the phone for a total of only 17 minutes.

So we're thinking it's the 24th to book for 2021 and not the 28th?

You're brave to be planning to call on the 24th! I was getting annoyed at waiting on the phone yesterday to cancel our July trip and I was on the phone for a total of only 17 minutes.

So we're thinking it's the 24th to book for 2021 and not the 28th?

My TA said that if you have a resort booked for 2021 but no tickets the 24th is when they would be able to add them on to a basic 2021 return package/change room only to a package to allow for park reservations. I would assume this is also the case if you booked on your own.

We are going to be there for my birthday. Trying to decide where I’d like to go.

5/13: AK
5/14: was thinking MK for my birthday but maybe HS?
5/15: either HS/MK whatever we don’t do on 5/14
5/16: flying home. Not sure I’ll book a park that day.

Normally we’d do PH and go to Epcot at night - but no idea if we can do that now.

I sent guest services an email to see if they can change my room-only to a basic return package so I can keep my room-rate, but I'm not hopeful.

Man, this sucks.
I have a basic return package. Is that different than a room only?

I have a basic return package. Is that different than a room only?

It is. We’re booked with that too, and it means it will be easier to just add on your tickets—no need to convert to a package. I believe it also means your final payment is due before the trip but our TA’s agency requires it at 30 days anyway regardless.

Yes.

Although I don't know if tickets are added automatically or if you still have to call.
It is. We’re booked with that too, and it means it will be easier to just add on your tickets—no need to convert to a package. I believe it also means your final payment is due before the trip but our TA’s agency requires it at 30 days anyway regardless.
Ah thank you! I think I’ll have to call and get the tickets added but that makes me feel better!

So another random question - I have a cruise booked for a week, but want to book Disney as a backup. We have a hotel reservation at Disney before the cruise - should I just buy a set of tickets for each in case the cruise actually happens instead of say getting a 9 day ticket on the first stay. Would that be easier to cancel?

Its so frustrating for me that wasn't an option when I booked. When I asked yesterday if they could switch mine since it wasn't offered, the CM told me I should have paid attention to emails as they sent a mass email telling people about it. As if it was my fault. 😐

Um, no. I didnt get that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter