Cant find certain rooms for our stays!

megnsamsgracie

DIS Veteran
OKay, since we are 6 of us (7 if we take my nephew), accomodations are hard to find...which sucks is even if I get 2 rooms, I know my kids are going to end up in our room anyway and all in one stinkin bed!

I tried to look at the CR for a standard room... the website just gives me the choice of garden suite or garden wing hospitality suite. No standard rooms! WTH? I am looking 11/28-12/8. That isnt peak season! So I try WL for a suite, nope, Courtyard Courtyard w/ Bunk and Standard club level. How come? Plenty of space at the values and mods but not what I wanted. Will rooms open up later on? Or are certain rooms unavailable because of construction? I just cant figure it out. Called CRO and I was given the same choice of options

I can only guess if you're putting in 6 ppl that these are the only rooms that can accomodate you. Contemporary standard rooms only sleep 5.

I tried just doing 1 adult 2 kids and figuring a price since we will need 2 rooms. I figured 1 adult in each room and 2 kids in each room but it wont even give me that!

That's a very popular time to go, and it's also the time frame when they tape the Disney Christmas parade. I imagine it's either Friday or Saturday (or both) that have the very limited availablility. It's always possible that something could open up if there are cancellations, but I seem to remember there being some trouble with availability with that weekend last year as well.

I can only guess if you're putting in 6 ppl that these are the only rooms that can accomodate you. Contemporary standard rooms only sleep 5.
I bet that's what's happening. With 7 people you will still have to book two rooms no matter where you stay.

Have you considered renting DVC points and staying in a 2 BR villa? Your dates are prime DVC times but you might be able to find something if you book now. A 2 BR has a King bed in the master and a queen in the 2nd bedroom with a full pull-out and another pull-out in the living room. They sleep 8 people.

A 2-bedroom at Villas at Wilderness Lodge is 398 points, or $4378 at the "going rate" of $11 per point. There is no tax on DVC rentals, so it's the equivalent of about $390 per night pre-tax. Boardwalk Villas and Beachclub Villas are both the same price. Saratoga Springs is a bit less expensive at 356 points ($3916 or $350 pre-tax) and Old Key West is cheaper still at 322 points ($3542 or $316). If you're very lucky you might be able to book at the new Animal Kingdom Villas, but availability will be very, very tight there.

Good luck!

It was the night of the 28th believe it or not! Checking in the 29th opened up so many more possibilities! I did find the WL deluxe club level would be $480 per night, only needing 1 room if we dont take my nephew. I might go with that if some kind of good discount comes out. We do have AAA as an option.

You may want to keep a look out for Annual Passholder rates. You only need one AP to quailfy for the discount and the discount received may be greater than the price difference between a 10-day pass and the AP.

Did you make your reservtaion on-line or did you call CRO? I find that calling works better.

I havent booked yet because I need to find out if my nephew is coming or not. If he does, that bumps us up to 7... which is harder to accomodate. I will call and book due to being able to make payments on the ressie if I do. And I am keeping an eye for AP discounts as I can always take a quick trip by myself or with a kid or 2 sometime to make the AP worth it! I am considering the AP if my discount more than makes up for it that way :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter