Candy Canes 2012

"candy canes will be every monday and friday in Disneyland and every Thursday and Saturday in DCA at Trolley Treats starting nov 23rd." Found on Mousewait. Also posted is "Wristbands will be distributed at the locations at park opening... The park will open at the same time for everyone." So there will be no MM/EE at whichever park is selling candy canes each date. Hope this helps everyone. :)

Did anybody get a candy cane yet??????? Or does anyone know where wrist bands are distributed?

lizdotcom99 said:
Did anybody get a candy cane yet??????? Or does anyone know where wrist bands are distributed?

I didn't get one. (Won't be at the park till next month.) but they're supposed to distribute wristbands at whichever location you are buying the candy canes at.

OK dumb question, but as far as taste/texture go are they the same as a regular, store bought candy cane? Or are they better/different? I know it is mostly about the experience but I'm just curious as to what the final product is actually like?

ImTooExcitedToSleep said:

Thanks for the info. Good to have a set(ish) schedule. Looks like I won't be able to get one though. Only day of our trip they're being made is the 18th but there's no way the rest of my family will be willing to head up there that early (we live 1 1/2-2 hours away and I've heard one would need to arrive extremely early to get one.)

mrslamb said:
OK dumb question, but as far as taste/texture go are they the same as a regular, store bought candy cane? Or are they better/different? I know it is mostly about the experience but I'm just curious as to what the final product is actually like?

To me they taste just the same as the same jumbo Candy Cane you get at any store for about $10.00 less than what Disney is charging. Sorry, but this is one of the things that is way over hyped on these boards and I regret falling for that hype last year.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

I don't think I will even eat mine....It is all about just getting one!!!:lmao:

So if you are doing this I suggest going to DCA. Managed to get three bands without really trying this morning

Pics from yesterday

678DFAD3-5639-4451-A6E4-130EE922B212-16365-000001F054D2A11B.jpg

AC2E6FB9-8356-4F4B-92DC-EA7A5FAA84CE-16365-000001F05F02817C.jpg

To me they taste just the same as the same jumbo Candy Cane you get at any store for about $10.00 less than what Disney is charging. Sorry, but this is one of the things that is way over hyped on these boards and I regret falling for that hype last year.

Thank you!!!!!

Awesome!!! So do you eat this....or keep it?:rolleyes2 I hope I can score a wristband!!!

You eat it, otherwise it ends up getting blown off your side and getting broken into pieces ready for eating like mine did last year :rolleyes2

You eat it, otherwise it ends up getting blown off your side and getting broken into pieces ready for eating like mine did last year :rolleyes2

Rut roh. Didn't I read somewhere that they will bubble wrap them? Oh....and I see a locker in my future. Anybody know how much lockers are? I am quite sure that I will need one daily....as I am a freezy cat!!!::yes::

mrslamb said:
Thank you!!!!!

Your welcome. As you can see I am in the minority here, but it's just the way I feel.

ErikdaRed said:
So if you are doing this I suggest going to DCA. Managed to get three bands without really trying this morning

How late were they handing them out till? (When did they run out?)

I read elsewhere that they are handing out wristbands at the turnstiles this year to avoid the rush to the Candy Palace. Is this true? Has anyone seen this? I don't get how this would work. Would there be a dedicated gate or would each gate just have a few available

I read elsewhere that they are handing out wristbands at the turnstiles this year to avoid the rush to the Candy Palace. Is this true? Has anyone seen this? I don't get how this would work. Would there be a dedicated gate or would each gate just have a few available

Anyone?????
:santa:

I know of one person who got one on Friday. She went to the Candy Palace for her wristband. They limited it to 1 candy cane per wristband.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter