Candy Canes 2012

Carolwoodpr

Disney Dreamer
Does anyone have dates for the home made Candy canes this year? I am really hoping for candy canes during our trip.

As far as I know they havent been announced yet... but hopfull they will soon!
Last year the Disney Food blog posted them on Nov 8th. I keep checking back and nothing yet.

I'm DYING to find out! Trying to arrange a trip with family friends and we're going to plan around the candy canes!

I'm dying to know as well! How does it work? You need to get tickets?? How much are they?

First come, first served on December 2, 2011:
288nsi1.jpg

perlster said:
First come, first served on December 2, 2011:

Coming to DL for Christmas for first time. That line in the pic looks long. About where in line will the last person get one?

I read in the other thread they only have 40, and I think each person can get two tickets.

That better be one absolutely incredible candy cane to wait in a line that long! Where do you get the tickets?

That better be one absolutely incredible candy cane to wait in a line that long! Where do you get the tickets?

I think they give tickets to the people in line. You're given a time to come back to buy your candy canes. I read somewhere that it was done this way last year.

I'll be there at the end of next week, but I doubt they'll start making them this early in the season. Traditionally I think it starts in early December. And yes last year they did give you a return time on your ticket to come and pick them up.

Kinda like a candy cane Fastpass? ; ) If that's the case, I would think the line would move fairly quickly. I'm sure you would have to be there as early as possible though to avoid missing out. Who has done this, and was it worth the wait?

Kinda like a candy cane Fastpass? ; ) If that's the case, I would think the line would move fairly quickly. I'm sure you would have to be there as early as possible though to avoid missing out. Who has done this, and was it worth the wait?

People line up to get the tickets. I've never done it but always wanted to. I think their about ten bucks a candy cane.

This year is my first time, but what I read is that there are three batches of forty. Get in line for a ticket to come back to get them. These are made in the candy store that day by hand. There were last year others made by hand for sale but were made offsite a different ay and those could just e purchased.

I've said this a few times in the Christmas Superthread but I think that there is a really good chance of candy canes being made at Trolley Treats this year too (and if it doesn't happen this year, then the idea must have been put on hold until next year). I would assume that if I am correct and they are, then this would mean that the Candy Palace candy canes would still be made as well, and not totally replaced by Trolley Treats, thus giving more people the chance to get their hands on these peppermint gems.

The Disney Food Blog - while helpful - is not an official Disney source. They get their info from official Disney sources just like we do. Disneyland will sometimes post a partial schedule for the candy canes in Candy Palace on the first day of the season, and then post the remaining dates within a week or so.

I would imagine that the full schedule for candy cane-making should be available or publicly known by the end of next week.

I am heading to DLR on Monday for opening day of the season festivities and I will look for any signs that indicate partial candy cane schedules in Candy Palace or Trolley Treats.

Keep an eye out at the candy shop near Splash Mountain. We were in the park a few years ago and they had several available to buy with no lines. :santa:

I believe it was discussed last year that the candy canes at Pooh's Corner are the ones made offsite and not the same ones that are handmade at the Candy Palace, but I could be wrong.

I've been told that there are stores that sell the handmade candy canes. They were not made in the candy kitchen. So you can wait in line and get ones made that day in that kitchen, or you can buy ones made my hand with the same technique but was made not on main street.

I would imagine that the full schedule for candy cane-making should be available or publicly known by the end of next week.

I am heading to DLR on Monday for opening day of the season festivities and I will look for any signs that indicate partial candy cane schedules in Candy Palace or Trolley Treats.

Yay! Thanks Sherry!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter