• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

I decided to not wait and booked an alternative for D23. It was starting to get a bit too close for comfort.

We got our "we regret to inform you that we have cancelled your upcoming reservations" email for the early August today.
Sad, but hey, we're still going to Disneyland!

We got our "we regret to inform you that we have cancelled your upcoming reservations" email for the early August today.
Sad, but hey, we're still going to Disneyland!

Dang. 🙁 I keep holding out hope for mid-August. I guess I should just forget about it this trip. I have 2 other hotel reservations.

Does anyone remember when they were originally supposed to open after renovations? Was it last summer? What a tough time for them to have to keep pushing it back.

We are booked for the last week of September, but I have a feeling we are going to have to change that plan, are there any good websites to book through that you don't have to pay for until you stay? I don't want to have to pay for something we won't need.

We are booked for the last week of September, but I have a feeling we are going to have to change that plan, are there any good websites to book through that you don't have to pay for until you stay? I don't want to have to pay for something we won't need.
Always book directly with the hotel. Never ever use 3rd party booking sites.

Booking.com has a search filter for "No Prepayment"
Travelocity.com has a filter for "Reserve Now, Pay Later"
Booking directly with a major hotel chain (Hilton, Marriott), they'll usually take a credit card number to hold the room but wouldn't charge unless you don't cancel in time.

Booking.com has a search filter for "No Prepayment"
Travelocity.com has a filter for "Reserve Now, Pay Later"
Booking directly with a major hotel chain (Hilton, Marriott), they'll usually take a credit card number to hold the room but wouldn't charge unless you don't cancel in time.
Best Western direct is the same. Credit care only and 72 hours cancelation policy.

Ok,kids, here’s what I can tell ya:
there is scaffolding up on the front on both sides
driveway is blocked with construction netting so you can’t walk in
pallets and all kinds of misc junk strewn through the parking area
mattresses stacked in rooms

Vegetation didn’t look bad, still keepingitwatered apparently

The pics were taken on 4th of July.

Attachments

• DB2E563E-DE93-4A25-AF4A-5E2E5B94F41B.jpeg
    DB2E563E-DE93-4A25-AF4A-5E2E5B94F41B.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 127889F0-49B2-42C2-9B8C-DADF250D2CA8.jpeg
    127889F0-49B2-42C2-9B8C-DADF250D2CA8.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 59
  • 502B97F0-DA6E-48C2-800F-23AF0EACFBC9.jpeg
    502B97F0-DA6E-48C2-800F-23AF0EACFBC9.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 7F5E2459-453A-4889-9EE8-D7BC68C97208.jpeg
    7F5E2459-453A-4889-9EE8-D7BC68C97208.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 49403A4E-A89F-461E-B3A2-034C7A7F026A.jpeg
    49403A4E-A89F-461E-B3A2-034C7A7F026A.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 4A4DC231-DC5E-41CF-BB56-47759EAEF365.jpeg
    4A4DC231-DC5E-41CF-BB56-47759EAEF365.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 57
Thanks for the update, we booked an alternative hotel the other day so I am OK either way!

How far in advance were you notified that your reservation would be cancelled?

There are very few hotels that will charge you before you actually check in and stay

Hotels will only require a credit card to book and give you a timeframe in which you can cancel which is usually 24 to 72 hours prior to your check in

Last edited:
I noticed on Instagram they took down their pinned post about renovations today, so I wonder if there will be an update soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter