Candlelight Processional Package?

My basic plan is to have a late-ish (off time) lunch (I think 2:30 is the latest, we'd show up early to get a tank side table I think, planning on coral reef), see the early (5pm) CP, then have dinner at QS at Morocco and do AA before fireworks then after "lunch" meander over to the pavilion (could take a while to get there). but yeah I guess I am saying it's going to be a 4 hour thing with meal, getting there, waiting and watching.
Do you know if I could activate our Memory Maker on that first night? I think it's good for 2 weeks, which would cover the length of the trip.

Expect the Friday after Thanksgiving (first night of CP) to be very crowded in the WS area. Illuminations will be at 9:30pm and the "Let There Be Peace On Earth" segment after the normal Illuminations show is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Enjoy!

Expect the Friday after Thanksgiving (first night of CP) to be very crowded in the WS area. Illuminations will be at 9:30pm and the "Let There Be Peace On Earth" segment after the normal Illuminations show is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Enjoy!
The crowds are the ONLY reason we are doing a post cruise stay instead of the week of thanksgiving. That was a 2 month decision within itself.lol (mainly bc it meant he's out of school 4 extra days)...I can't add another day post cruise bc he's missing too much already.
Grrrr. This trip planning is too stressful!
Hopefully we can manage the crowds for 1 day only!

I know! This is a very challenging planning year.
I'm sure you be able to manage the crowds the Friday after Thanksgiving. Just having the expectation of what you will be facing is half the battle. The Christmas around the World is great. You can pick up a times guide to help you plan and just make leisurely strolls to the countries. That along with grabbing FP+ for the rides makes for a nice day if you do decide to go.

FWIW, we have done the CP package, but now the rest of the gang is not too interested in seeing the show so I stand in the back outside the ropes a few minutes before the start and usually have a good view. The biggest problem is the noise from the crowds behind me (which is my issue not theirs since I am the one not inside the theater, just wanted to mention). After the show, watch Illuminations.

Hope you enjoy whatever you decide!!

do they do that the entire holiday season? it has been like 15 years since i have been there at the holidays! when illuminations was new. I do remember a special christmas ending.

Do you know if I could activate our Memory Maker on that first night? I think it's good for 2 weeks, which would cover the length of the trip.

I think it should be ok. This is on the memory maker page:

Once you activate Memory Maker, you have 30 days to capture photos and videos. All your Disney PhotoPass media from within the 30 days will be available to download until that media expires.

do they do that the entire holiday season? it has been like 15 years since i have been there at the holidays! when illuminations was new. I do remember a special christmas ending.

Yes, each night. The narrator (miss Walter Cronkite!!) gives a message of peace in the world, the countries light up one by one while the message is given in their language, and then Let There Be Peace On Earth plays coordinated with the lasers and fireworks. The ending is truly spectacular.

Yes, each night. The narrator (miss Walter Cronkite!!) gives a message of peace in the world, the countries light up one by one while the message is given in their language, and then Let There Be Peace On Earth plays coordinated with the lasers and fireworks. The ending is truly spectacular.
I remember now that you said so but like I said it's been forever since i've beent here that time of year. So excited, we are staying first 4 nights at boardwalk villas with 2 nights planned for illuminations :) 3 if rivers of light continues to be a bust. Illuminations is our favorite nighttime show :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter