Candlelight Processional Package question

csmom

DIS Veteran
If you make a reservation for the Candlelight Processional for lunch (for the 5:00 show), can your ADR be for anytime during regular lunch hours? For example, if you reserve the package, could you eat lunch at 12:00 and get the reserved seating for the 5:00 show?

When the package info is released, there will be a set of times for each show that are available for booking. For the 5 PM show, it's lunch times. For the next show - it's somewhere in the (guessing) 2:30-4:00 time frame, and for the last show something like 4:00-5:30. We did the last show a few years ago and the latest seating we could get for dinner was around 5:30-5:40.

So in answer to your question, if 12:00 is one of the times included in the 5:00 show seatings, then yes, you could book then, subject to availability.

:butting in:

If you book the first show (which is considered the lunch seating) are you still guaranteed reserved seats for Illuminations?

I'm probably splitting hairs, but most of what I've read refers to the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package. Wondering if this is something to be concerned about? tia!

They call it the dinner package no matter which show package you go for, even the first show that actually means a lunch time meal. When I was a kid we always called our main meal of the day dinner (such as in Sunday dinner, served after church, in the middle of the day.)

Yes, the reserved seating for Illuminations that first became available with the Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages last year applies to all 3 show times. We went to the last show and I felt that the reserved seating was a waste for us because it is on the opposite side of the lagoon from the theater and it was impossible to get over there prior to the beginning of Illuminations.

:butting in:

If you book the first show (which is considered the lunch seating) are you still guaranteed reserved seats for Illuminations?

I'm probably splitting hairs, but most of what I've read refers to the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package. Wondering if this is something to be concerned about? tia!

The reserved seating is really just standing in the area to the Left of one of the shops. We saw the 2nd cp show last year, hence all those who saw the lst show were already "herded" - excuse that term but that is what it felt like into the area. We wre constantly told by a cast member to keep moving in and up (I was in a wheelchair), by the time the 3rd group came in it was getting pretty packed in there. I hope they have a better system or organization this year.

Any idea when the Candlelight Processional Dinner package reservations become available and how quickly they fill up?

Sandy

Any idea when the Candlelight Processional Dinner package reservations become available and how quickly they fill up?

Sandy

From what I've been able to find here on the dis... it seems last year you could not book until August, however that was when they were doing 90 day ADRs. The prior year when they were doing 180 days ADRS someone mentioned they were able to book in July. So I'm hoping that will be the case this year as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter