Cancelling E-ride NIghts?

Disneyluver4Life

Mouseketeer
I just got off the phone with a castmember suggesting that he heard from the grapevine that disney is considering to cancel e - ride nights since magial hour has been reinstated.Is this true? IS that why no E-ride Nights have been schedule for sept, oct. and nov? I really love E-ride nights and I remember from last year they had them during sept, oct and Nov.

Please Respond!!

October is probably because of MNSSHP. It runs 7p - 12a at MK on Oct. 11, 17, 20, 25, 27, 31 & Nov. 1.

It will be interesting to see if e-nights come back for Nov.

Cindy

Originally posted by Disneyluver4Life
what is MNSSHP? I Keep seeing this all over. I know it might sound foolish to ask but im new to this board.

Thanks everyone
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

sorry to get on my soapbox, but.... I don't understand why the party should eliminate enights in october (remember, october is not value season as far as it goes for the resorts) I am going to the party on the 25th, but why should someone HAVE to go to the party if they want to ride splash or space 5X in a row - isn't that the reason for enights? If things stay the same, in the alst two weeks of october, a person will have to pay to go to party if they want to be in MK at night (unless they want to deal w. the crowds on a saturday!) The whole point of enights was to be able to get into MK WITHOUT CROWDS!! I loved walking around the park at night w. no one around!

I have been worried about E nights since they reinstated EE (magic hour) We go down in Jan so I have a long wait to see if we get an E night. This past Jan there was ONE e night but we were there (cold). Hopefully E nights will return (please)!

If I remember correctly, Enights were cancelled in May due to low attendance.

It seems that the philosophy on when to offer enights has changed to only offering them during busy periods.

Matt

E-nights were cancelled in May. We went the the beginning of June and went to 2 enights that were packed. I heard one was sold out and I would think the other was judging by the size of the crowds.

We never take advantage of EE but go to every e-night available.

I'm not judging about how popular they truly are. I'm just saying that they appear to only be scheduling them during periods of high overall attendance, which would be why they resumed in June, and I believe went through July and August (?), then stopped again in Sept and Oct.

I'm not saying they are doing it the "right" way, only that they appear to have settled into a certain pattern.

(As you may remember, I don't like the idea of Enights in the first place, but that's only because regular hours have been cut.... but that's another story;) )

I bet E-Nights will be back once the hotels are all filled again and the parks are busier during the day. I mean if you can ride Splash 5 x in a row during the day, why pay $10 to do it at night? Yes, the park is magical at night - but that would be the only advantage of paying $10. I've been to one E-night and it was great - but during the day most rides were walk ons so it wasn't all that much different. Now, during the summer when lines are very long, E-night is really an important peak.

If the parks are open one or two hours less, but the crowds are a lot less, and you can do just as much in 10 hours as you can 12 hours - does the park really need to be open for that 11th and 12th hour?

Now, during the summer when lines are very long, E-night is really an important perk.

But its only important because closing times have been cut from Midnight and 1am to 10pm.

If they cut Summer closing times back to 7pm, then a 7 to 10pm Enight would become extremely valuable.

That doesn't mean its the best long-term decision.

As for off-season, I understand the lack of demand. But there are still a significant number of people on property whose only chance to see MK at night is on Saturday, which just makes Saturday more crowded, especially for parades and fireworks.

If they kept MK open late one other weeknight in the off-season, that would probably be enough to satisfy those who want Enights. (not all, of course, but most)

Hopefully, the tests being done with later hours at MK are deemed a success, and continue...

That is the biggest issue...the lack of the nighttime entertainment. Spectromagic and Fantasy in the Sky should be more available during the weeknights.

The current test of Spectromagic everynight for one week, the Fantasy the next week, then a mix the third week. I'd rather the mix that way both should be available during your vacation.

If Magic Kingdom stayed open late Monday and Wednesdays and MGM Tuesdays and Thursdays, that would be even neater.

Just saying that you should have enough time to do all of the attractions - the other events are what are sorely missed - and all of the E-nights still won't help that as they don't have the parades or fireworks during e-nights either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter