Cancellation Policy

tinkerbell1967

DIS Veteran
What is Disney's cancellation policy? We had a reservation for 3/3 to 3/10 and just cancelled beginning of December. My sister said she only received $80 back today after sending the $200 deposit. Does this sound correct?

It sound exactly right, if she chose to take the insurance. The insurance value is around $119 for an average one week vacation (2 A, 2 C) with tickets.

If she took the insurance that fee is never refunded.

Pj

Yes, insurance is $119.90, like the OP said, that is probably what happened. I recommend to my clients not to add insurance until the final payment (unless you bought air with Disney, then you have to add it with the air purchase if you want it). If you add the insurance at final payment, you don't risk losing the money if you cancel and as long as you remember to add it, there is no difference in coverage if you add it later.

Happy travels
Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter